5,920 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Me and her said:

DAY 137.....  I don't want to even check the mail.....  I did so, right before work.  Three parcels were there, I quickly sorted, until I saw DEPT OF HOMELAND SECURITY....I quickly opened it, APPROVED!!!!!:jest:

Yayyyyyy....god willing the rest of us will get ours too... I've been so sad lately ...my fiance asking me not to give up but I've kinda lost hope....day 124

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Me and her said:

DAY 137.....  I don't want to even check the mail.....  I did so, right before work.  Three parcels were there, I quickly sorted, until I saw DEPT OF HOMELAND SECURITY....I quickly opened it, APPROVED!!!!!:jest:

Congratulations! I am so happy for you!

1 minute ago, janet3 said:

Congratulations! I am so happy for you!

Thanks Janet, I hope you get yours this week. 

4 minutes ago, Lovemycroatianman said:

Yayyyyyy....god willing the rest of us will get ours too... I've been so sad lately ...my fiance asking me not to give up but I've kinda lost hope....day 124

Thank you. I hope you get yours this week too. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Burkina Faso
Timeline

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 8:07 PM, ralph87 said:

Ok guys another update on our case, the Embassy received our case yesterday and they emailed my fiancee her packet 3. This morning we double checked everything they where asking for including the confirmation page of the DS160 and sent them an email back (per their request) that we had all documents ready and attached what they asked for and in a matter of 15 minutes received and email from them again saying that our Interview was being scheduled for JULY 20th!!!! they also sent us a letter to schedule the MEDICALS and we where able to get that scheduled for July 12th!!! so my fiancee K1 and my K2 are ready to go.

I WILL BE ATTENDING THE INTERVIEW WITH MY K1and K2.. Any one else planning on going to the interview?

I-129F NOA2 : 2017-05-24
NVC Received : 2017-06-09
Date Case # assigned : 2017-06-09
NVC Left : 2017-06-16
Consulate Received : 2017-06-19

Packet 3 Received :

2017-06-19

Medical scheduled for : July 12th

Interview scheduled for : July 20th

Wow congrat

Edited by Passikintalba Nak

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, bluruce said:

So it just seems like there are only 3 of us left for Feb filers?

Me, "me and her", and  "missabc". I feel the pain.

When I sent my i-129f packet, I included the i-134 forms and documents to support it. I "heard" this some what speeds up the process, but I guess not. :(

Still waiting.. I don't even use the uscis case tracker anymore.. I depend on my mail more than anything else. meh. 

Still waiting....

Day 141

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Burkina Faso
Timeline

Hi everyone! Quick question here. If you are in the army reserves(not active duty) do you also need something from the army for I134 since it is another source of income? Thank you

Yay my case was received at NVC today 😀😀😀. Noa 1 2/9. Rfe 5/30. Rfe received 6/9. Noa 2 6/14 . Nvc received 6/26 !!!! (12 days) ..... so how long does it take for a case number to be assigned after being received?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

NOA1 on 2/10/2017, still awaiting for any word whatsoever.  Called several times now and all they say is, don't call back until after July 15th ...   This is day 136 :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
3 hours ago, WayneAdoresWendy said:

I MADE A BIG MISTAKE! PLEASE READ CAREFULLY SO MAYBE YOU DO NOT FOLLOW MY ERROR!

As soon as I saw "Ready" on CEAC, I completed my Fiance's DS-160 and then scheduled her interview. I had not received the Packet 3 from Ecuador yet.  In the beginning of the DS-160, you are given several options to choose from once you create the account. Such as, "I have received packet from Embassy and need to apply for NON-Immigrant Visa", "I have received packet from Embassy and need to apply for Immigrant Visa" or "Other". I chose "Other" since at that moment, I had not received the Packet yet. I had do my research ahead of time on the Packet 3. The Packet 3 on their website is not the same packet 3 they sent us. Imagine that. 

I completed the DS-160 ok and even scheduled the interview. But I was never prompted to pay. Once I received Packet 3, I learned there are 3 ways to pay. I could not figure out the first 2, because of my mistake they were no longer available to me. So I called the Customer Service number 3 times. The 3rd call I had someone to help me. By default, I completed her information through the NON-Immigrant process. For this portion of the process, DS-160 refers to K1 as Immigrant. They had to cancel the interview, let me correct my mistake online and then redo the interview. The interview date was no longer available. I have already purchased a planed ticket and we have scheduled activities based on the first interview date. 

I am suppose to call the Embassy back today after 2:00. I am hoping they can give me back the original interview date since it must still be available. I think maybe the system resets at sometime. 

As I write this, my Fiance is getting her Medical Exam completed and I haven't told her yet. I am hoping she doesn't get home until after I have an answer about rescheduling the interview. My mistake may cost us 5 days longer to be together and the money to correct my plane ticket. I know is not that huge. But she is counting on me to bring her home and I SCREWED this up!

UPDATE

I really don't like talking about myself but really hope this at sometime helps someone else. I am usually a very passive person. In this process, passive can work against you. 

Long story short, I had to delete my Fiances DS-160. Then redo correctly in which I was prompted to make payment. All went well. I already have a one way ticket purchased so i can attend the interview. All ready have 2 weeks schedule off work and her family has all ready started preparations for a special Family Reunion to say goodbye to us. 

I called the Embassy and spoke with a very nice woman in Immigrant Processing. They asked me to submit an email in detail explaining how I made the mistake. Maybe they need to change something in their process to avoid this problem with others. She said the appointments for the day we had are full. But, if I were to send my receipt for my United Airlines Tickets it would help to validate my story.  Anyway, they asked for 1-2 days to give their supervisor time to look over the details and see what they can do to assist me. 

Fingers crossed and praying constantly.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
2 hours ago, WayneAdoresWendy said:

I MADE A BIG MISTAKE! PLEASE READ CAREFULLY SO MAYBE YOU DO NOT FOLLOW MY ERROR!

As soon as I saw "Ready" on CEAC, I completed my Fiance's DS-160 and then scheduled her interview. I had not received the Packet 3 from Ecuador yet.  In the beginning of the DS-160, you are given several options to choose from once you create the account. Such as, "I have received packet from Embassy and need to apply for NON-Immigrant Visa", "I have received packet from Embassy and need to apply for Immigrant Visa" or "Other". I chose "Other" since at that moment, I had not received the Packet yet. I had do my research ahead of time on the Packet 3. The Packet 3 on their website is not the same packet 3 they sent us. Imagine that. 

I completed the DS-160 ok and even scheduled the interview. But I was never prompted to pay. Once I received Packet 3, I learned there are 3 ways to pay. I could not figure out the first 2, because of my mistake they were no longer available to me. So I called the Customer Service number 3 times. The 3rd call I had someone to help me. By default, I completed her information through the NON-Immigrant process. For this portion of the process, DS-160 refers to K1 as Immigrant. They had to cancel the interview, let me correct my mistake online and then redo the interview. The interview date was no longer available. I have already purchased a planed ticket and we have scheduled activities based on the first interview date. 

I am suppose to call the Embassy back today after 2:00. I am hoping they can give me back the original interview date since it must still be available. I think maybe the system resets at sometime. 

As I write this, my Fiance is getting her Medical Exam completed and I haven't told her yet. I am hoping she doesn't get home until after I have an answer about rescheduling the interview. My mistake may cost us 5 days longer to be together and the money to correct my plane ticket. I know is not that huge. But she is counting on me to bring her home and I SCREWED this up!

It's okay we all make mistakes , The visa process is long and not something easy and consuming our thoughts and  energy  and we all made a mistake at any step of it so don't be hard on yourself. Trust me everything happens for a reason  .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.