5,920 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
12 minutes ago, iamdegie said:

i don't know about signing the w2 and paystubs, sorry. but since your fiance is sending you the i-134F anyway, what's the harm in including the w2 and paystubs in the same packet? it's not as if the package rate will double just because the document he is sending is a few papers thicker right?

Because He said he would ship the materials to me including 4 years pay stub total 200 pages, and other ducument,so I was thinking if he can email to me so that he doesn't need to print that much and ship to me

Just now, SugarLai said:

Because He said he would ship the materials to me including 4 years pay stub total 200 pages, and other ducument,so I was thinking if he can email to me so that he doesn't need to print that much and ship to me

Oh hehehe. Wow, 4 years worth of pay stubs is probably too much. My fiance is only sending me 6 months worth!

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
4 minutes ago, iamdegie said:

Oh hehehe. Wow, 4 years worth of pay stubs is probably too much. My fiance is only sending me 6 months worth!

ohh,6 months is enough?actually we don't know how long they request,6 to 12 months sounds good! At least he doesn't need to ship that much to me,lol

Hi Friends! 

Ive been laying low but just wanted to give a quick update. First and foremost, to everyone still waiting you all have been in my thoughts and I know you will be hearing back any second now, just keep strong and also in prayer🙂. Secondly, my fiancé had his medical exam last week and will be having his interview in a couple weeks. Hope everyone's process has been moving along and I'm here to help anyway I can. Hope you're all doing well! 🤗

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
4 hours ago, glmg21 said:

As you appear to be applying from Germany, I should inform you that (some, possibly all) new K1 cases going to Frankfurt are being processed through NVC's new electronic system. The long and the short is that this process is taking closer to a month (to get a case number), as has been the case with me and a few other German filers on here.

I suggest that when you call, you call the immigrant line ((603) 334-0700), and after selecting English, choose option 5 ("If you are required to submit documents through CEAC" is what it'll say). These agents are the ones are dealing with and able to see electronic cases, like those going to Frankfurt, and should be able to confirm if your case has been received and whether it has a case number yet. Many agents at NVC don't seem to be able to locate the electronic cases, so that is your best bet. Call them early in the morning, they open at 7am eastern, and you should get through fairly quickly.

If you have any other questions please let me know or come join us in the German thread, as you are not the only one who experienced this!

Hi there and thank you.

You're absolutely right, I am German. 😉

I'll let my fiancé know and have him call on Mon 7 am. 😉

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
14 hours ago, Happy Traveler said:

Yesterday I got an email from the Bogota Embassy

+++++

Good afternoon, 

We have received the approved petition for your fiancé from USCIS.  Please respond to this e-mail and provide your fiancé’s personal e-mail address so we may send instructions on how to book a visa interview.   Thank you for your assistance. 

Sincerely, 

Immigrant Visa Unit

Consular Section

+++++

I just reply to them now waiting to see what they send and curious if they will send just an email or a package as well. I just wanted to share.

@Happy Traveler This is what should arrive to your fiancée's e-mail now that you have replied with her e-mail address.  She should receive an e-mail with information about domestic violence abuse, the Packet 3/4, and an approved I-129F copy.  We received the e-mail from the embassy but the approved I-129F copy and Packet 3/4 were not included so we'll have to e-mail them back.  I do have a copy of the K visa Packet 3/4 for the Bogotá embassy too so PM me if you want me to send you a copy.

I don't know how the the other embassies function and I haven't seen too many in this group with SOs from Colombia but the US Embassy in Colombia has some confusing directions so get a hold of me if you want some help (not that I'm an expert) but I have been researching a lot lately.  Either I can help you or we can figure it out together (hopefully!).

AOS Process:

I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) File Date:  January 24, 2018

I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) Receive Date:  January 26, 2018

I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) Text Receipt Notification Date:  February 5, 2018

I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) NOA1 Notice Date: February 9, 2018

I-485 (AOS) & I-765 (EAD) Biometrics Appointment Letter Arrival: February 16, 2018

I-485 (AOS) & I-765 (EAD) Biometrics Appointment: February 28, 2018

I-765 (EAD) & I-131 (AP) Approval Date: August 1, 2018

I-765 (EAD) & I-131 (AP) Combo Card Receive Date: August 7, 2018

I-485 (AOS) Interview Date Scheduled for: September 11, 2018

I-485 (AOS) Approval Date: September 11, 2018 (Approval at interview)

Green Cards Receive Date: September 18, 2018

ROC Process:

I-751 Package Mailed: July 8, 2020

I-751 Package Received: July 10, 2020

I-751 Text Receipt Notification: July 18, 2020

I-751 NOA1 for K1/K2 Received in Mail: August 1, 2020

I-512 Biometrics Letters for K1 & K2 Received (Appointments Waived): October 18, 2020

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
6 hours ago, SugarLai said:

1040 is pay stubs?

The 1040 is not a pay stub, the 1040 is a "tax return" form. If you earn enough money in the US (this minimum $ amount depends on your exact situation), you fill out a Form 1040 one time every year - it is your way of telling the federal government how much money you earn. If the government believes what you write on the 1040, then they know how much tax money you must pay. A W-2 is a piece of paper your employer should send to the federal government once per year, telling them how much money you earn, and it is not the same as a pay stub either. But for the sake of appearing honest and transparent, I don't see why you couldn't show pay stubs in addition to 1040s, W-2s, etc.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
10 hours ago, Silvia Marie said:

Hi everybody,

I am a little concerned and not sure about what to do.

Our NOA1 is 02/08/2017 and

our NOA2 is 05/25/2017

Since then we have not heard anything from NVC. My fiancé tried to call them several times but didn't get through. Also he sent an email last Monday but no answer yet. 

It is over 4 weeks now since USCIS approval.

What are your thoughts on this? 

Love

Silvia

Hey Silvia,

We have the same NOA2 date as you (5/25/17) and I received a letter in the mail from NVC yesterday, 6/23/17, saying they received our case from USCIS, so I wouldn't worry -- But it is very common for people report not receiving any letter or email from NVC, ever. So I am in full agreement with what Jaimekr08 said, and keep calling (during not peak hours)!

Edited by Daz&Hank

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
14 hours ago, SugarLai said:

1040 is pay stubs?

1040 is a US federal income tax form. Note that most people use form 1040 to file their annual income taxes, but there are several other income tax forms that are used, and it depends on how money is earned. Someone who owns a corporation might file a schedule K-1 or an independent contractor might file a 1099-MISC. 

W2 is a summary of income earned and taxes withheld for the entire year, and is provided by an employers to their employees.

A pay stub, or paycheck stub is given to employees each time they receive a paycheck and is a summary of gross income, withheld taxes, and net income for that pay period. 

So basically, these are 3 different items. And each item is required for the I-134. 

20 minutes ago, Me and her said:

Are there any Febuary filers who are still wating for their NOA2. 136 days today and still waiting :(:(

Yep :(

I-129F Sent: 21/02/2017                                                                                                                                                 Marriage: 12/01/2018

I-129F Received Date: 23/02/2017                                                                                                                               AOS/EAD/AP Sent :

I-129F NOA1: 28/02/2017

RFE: 12/07/2017

RFE Hard Copy Received: 17/07/2017

RFE Response Sent Back: 18/07/2017

RFE Received By USCIS: 21/07/2017

I-129F NOA2: 18/08/2017 (176 Days)

NVC Received: 31/08/2017 (13 Days)

NVC Left: 06/09/2017 (6 Days)

Consulate Received: 08/09/2017

Letter from embassy (Packet 3): 11/09/2017
Medical at Knightsbridge: 28/09/2017

Interview: 10/10/2017 APPROVED!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jaimekr08 said:

Hi all,

How do you pay the fee for the DS-160? I can't find anywhere online. Is this through the embassy in your partners home county?

You will find this information in the Packet 3/4 from your Embassy. We completed DS-160 and scheduled her interview before I received the Packet 3. 

She had her Medical scheduled for tomorrow morning and we HAVE NOT PAID the DS-160 yet!

😳😆😆😆😆

I have to call the Embassy to ask how to correct. I did not think the system would let us go this far! 

13 minutes ago, Missabc said:

Yep :(

I think it's awful you've been waiting so long 😔 can't imagine the stress you are both feeling ☹️ I don't get why you still have no NOA2 and us March filers are getting ours 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.