5,920 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
7 hours ago, JayeBird said:

Vaccinations are not required for k1 visas?? Is this new?

Vaccinations are not required for K Visas. But is required for AOS. I saw a list of 15 "needed" vaccinations. We talked to the Doctor who does the Medical Exam. He said with no shot records she only needed 3. We opted to do them now instead of waiting.

For those still waiting on NOA2 or NVC, reach out to your Clinics now for guidance!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi everybody,

I am a little concerned and not sure about what to do.

Our NOA1 is 02/08/2017 and

our NOA2 is 05/25/2017

Since then we have not heard anything from NVC. My fiancé tried to call them several times but didn't get through. Also he sent an email last Monday but no answer yet. 

It is over 4 weeks now since USCIS approval.

What are your thoughts on this? 

Love

Silvia

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello everybody , i'm a February filer  as well . we sent our package on 16 February and received our  NOA1  on 26 February and as i always check my status on uscis website on 6 June and found this ( On June 1, 2017, we mailed a request for additional evidence for your Form I-129F, Petition for Fiance(E)) :( and the REF received after 14 days and they ask to submit information ( i attached photo of what they want me to send to them) me and my fiance met 9 years ago on website for learning languages named italki and he was my language partner and we exchanged our MSN emails and yahoo that was before whatsapp and viber exist then we have been sending letter to each other .   we became friends and we had many hobbies in common and we almost had similar thoughts about life our dreams and almost everything ,   with time pass we started to care more for each other and we went through a lot of good and bad moments then we got engaged on August 2016 and finally we are able to getting marry once my visa approved and arrive there . the problem is that he send in the file how we met and all the information , we really shocked from getting that REF I dont know what we suppose to send?!!! i made screen shoots for informations about italki from wikipidia , you tube channel  , an article from a  blog talks about italki and how it is useful website for learning languages , italki app. on Apple store, Google plus, Google play, on pintrest and finally screen shot for the terms of service of italki from their site . i read many articles says that i must send cover letter attached to that but i don't know what to write in it and i found sample but i dont know how to write mine, also since we met each other on italki in 2007 i don't have chat records between me and him on italki or on msn coz during the years we lost those informations but he sent passport stamps from visiting me on 2010 then 2015 then 2016 for our engagement, our engagement party photos, ring , skype chats and video calls of almost 2 years , viber chats , whatsapp chat and all evidences . i dont know if we have to send those again . sorry for write many lines but im really too worried and i will appreciate any help 

InkedIMG-20170623-WA0005_LI.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Silvia Marie said:

Hi everybody,

our NOA2 is 05/25/2017

Since then we have not heard anything from NVC. My fiancé tried to call them several times but didn't get through. Also he sent an email last Monday but no answer yet. 

Love

Silvia

We called around 8pm standard eastern time and got through within 10min each call. Try calling at non peak times and you may have better luck. Also, make sure you are calling the non immigrant line.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jaimekr08 said:

We called around 8pm standard eastern time and got through within 10min each call. Try calling at non peak times and you may have better luck. Also, make sure you are calling the non immigrant line.

Thank you for the info. Can you please give me the phone no you called? Maybe we got that no wrong? 😱

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Silvia Marie said:

Thank you for the info. Can you please give me the phone no you called? Maybe we got that no wrong? 😱

1 (603) 334-0888 :)

9 hours ago, Dhanu and Justin said:

The three numbers starts  from 000 and added 500. So let's say if it's 668. Subtract 500 from 668. That's 168. If you starts counting from January 1, June 17th is the 168th day of the year. :) Got it from this website.  Please refer to it for better explanation. 😊

http://www.***removed***/immigrant-visa/nvc-case-number.html

Cool! Thank you for this! It is also quite accurate for our case number. =D

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

2 hours ago, Silvia Marie said:

Hi everybody,

our NOA2 is 05/25/2017

Love

Silvia

As you appear to be applying from Germany, I should inform you that (some, possibly all) new K1 cases going to Frankfurt are being processed through NVC's new electronic system. The long and the short is that this process is taking closer to a month (to get a case number), as has been the case with me and a few other German filers on here.

I suggest that when you call, you call the immigrant line ((603) 334-0700), and after selecting English, choose option 5 ("If you are required to submit documents through CEAC" is what it'll say). These agents are the ones are dealing with and able to see electronic cases, like those going to Frankfurt, and should be able to confirm if your case has been received and whether it has a case number yet. Many agents at NVC don't seem to be able to locate the electronic cases, so that is your best bet. Call them early in the morning, they open at 7am eastern, and you should get through fairly quickly.

If you have any other questions please let me know or come join us in the German thread, as you are not the only one who experienced this!

Edited by glmg21

25 Jan: I-129F Sent from Berlin | 27 Jan: NOA-1 | 01 May: RFE19 May: NOA-2

03 Jun: NVC Received | 20 Jun: NVC Issued Case Number | 23 Jun: Case Ready 

29 Jun: Medical | 03 Jul: Packet 3 received & sent | 13 Jul: Interview | 20 Jul: Visa In Hand

07 Aug: POE | 06 Sep: AOS Sent | 15 Sep: NOA-1 | 15 Oct: RFE | 29 Nov: EAD/AP/AOS NOA-2 | 06 Dec: EAD/AP In Hand

02 Jan: AOS Interview | 08 Jan: GC Received

04 Oct: I-751 Filed | 10 Oct: GC Extended

18 Aug: I-751 Approved | 04 Oct: N-400 Window Open + Filed

18 Apr: Biometrics Reuse | 14 Jun: Interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
10 hours ago, Daz&Hank said:

From what I know, 1040 and W-2 are not the same thing, they are separate documents. The 1040 you generate yourself when you file your taxes, the W-2 is provided from your employer, you should receive the W-2 from your employer each spring or late winter in preparation for filing taxes in the spring.

As far as I know right now, I would be ready to provide both the 1040 and W-2, as that is what my attorney is requiring from me at the moment.

1040 is pay stubs?

2 minutes ago, SugarLai said:

May I know the number of NVC? I think we will start to call to get our case number next week

see post of @glmg21 above. we called that same number even if our case is not electronic. call early ie 7AM EST, press 1 then 5.

Edited by iamdegie

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

Timeline

Ohh sorry one more question, my fiancé suppose to send me I-134form in next week, I am thinking if he can only email w- and pay stubs to me,I can print them here, I don't know if he also need to sign on those materials?

Timeline
10 minutes ago, iamdegie said:

see post of @glmg21 above. we called that same number even if our case is not electronic. call early ie 7AM EST, press 1 then 5.

Thank you! My fiance called them at 4pm,nobody answered

6 minutes ago, SugarLai said:

Ohh sorry one more question, my fiancé suppose to send me I-134form in next week, I am thinking if he can only email w- and pay stubs to me,I can print them here, I don't know if he also need to sign on those materials?

i don't know about signing the w2 and paystubs, sorry. but since your fiance is sending you the i-134F anyway, what's the harm in including the w2 and paystubs in the same packet? it's not as if the package rate will double just because the document he is sending is a few papers thicker right?

your 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline
1 hour ago, iamdegie said:

Cool! Thank you for this! It is also quite accurate for our case number. =D

See! It works! 😁

K1 Visa

Service Center :California Service Center

Consulate :                      Sri Lanka

I-129F Sent :                     2017-02-07

I-129F NOA1 :                   2017-02-14

I-129F NOA2 :                   2017-06-02

NVC Received :                2017-06-16

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned :2017-06-20

NVC Left :                         2017-06-24

Consulate Received :      2017-07-07

Packet 4 Received :         2017-07-24

Interview Date :                2017-08-03  

Interview Result :

Marriage :                          2017-09-23
Estimates/Stats :Your I-129f was approved in 108 days from your NOA1 date. 
Your interview took 170 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.