5,920 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I have a question about traveling to the USA. I want to travel with my visa waiver. 

Do you think that a return ticket would be proof enough that I will return to Germany after my vacation there?

I can't ask my employer for proof of employment because he can't know yet that I have a pending fiancé visa.

What do you think? 

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Alex2017 said:

I have a question about traveling to the USA. I want to travel with my visa waiver. 

Do you think that a return ticket would be proof enough that I will return to Germany after my vacation there?

I can't ask my employer for proof of employment because he can't know yet that I have a pending fiancé visa.

What do you think? 

I can maybe tell you more after Thursday ... I'll have my flight Thursday morning to Atlanta. I'll have a letter from work and my mom (she cares for my daughter while I'm away) ... just in case I need it

Edited by AkesAngel

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Alex2017 said:

What do you think? 

I personally wouldn't chance it while you have a pending I-129f.

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Alex2017 said:

What do you think? 

I personally wouldn't chance it either, however it depends on who you have at the border.  I've been speaking to a fellow Canadian I met on here and she went to visit her bf last week and they just asked her when the wedding was and she said she wasn't sure, it depended on the visa and they asked what visa she was getting and she showed them the NOA1 and that was it.  

Does your boss know you have a significant other in the US?? He can still write a letter without knowing about the visa.  Even if you say you want to visit the USA for a general vacation, just tell him that you have been reading about people getting denied at the border and you would like a letter just to be safe.

Edited by eastcoastgroove

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline
3 hours ago, skaratso said:

I learned what vaccines my fiancee needs by going to the web page of one of the panel physicians in Canada. They listed the vaccines required by age right on the website.

Apparently in Moldova there is only one place where they do the medical exams, and that is the "International Organization for Migration," which is located in Chisinau.

Their address (in Romanian) is

Organizaţia Internaţională pentru Migraţie Chişinău
Strada Ciuflea 36/1
MD-2001
Chişinău

Republica Moldova

Phone number: +373-22-232-515 or 233-188

E-mail addresses are chisinauops@iom.int or chisinaumed@iom.int 

I bet if your fiance calls or e-mails them he can find out what vaccines he will need to have. I found the above information on the website for the US Embassy in Moldova.

Many thanks! I didn't even think to even look at the embassy's site.

blonde moment.

thank you!

Timeline
3 hours ago, eastcoastgroove said:

I personally wouldn't chance it either, however it depends on who you have at the border.  I've been speaking to a fellow Canadian I met on here and she went to visit her bf last week and they just asked her when the wedding was and she said she wasn't sure, it depended on the visa and they asked what visa she was getting and she showed them the NOA1 and that was it.  

Does your boss know you have a significant other in the US?? He can still write a letter without knowing about the visa.  Even if you say you want to visit the USA for a general vacation, just tell him that you have been reading about people getting denied at the border and you would like a letter just to be safe.

Thank you I'll try that. I'm not sure if he buys it because he's in the us a lot. But I'll try

On 2/24/2017 at 7:57 PM, tevans2 said:

Hi everyone!

So, I am migrating over to the February filers. I originally filed on January 25ish BUT in my haste to make sure everything was perfect, I literally forgot to sign the darn application -_- They sent it back as a rejection (womp womp) but the person who reviewed my file was kind enough to include a note saying it happens more than one would think and put a little sign here sticker with a laughing face on it. At least someone has a sense of humor over at the USCIS office lol. I sent it back that very same day. New NOA1 date is 2/14/2017 <3 Let's hope that time flies.

All the best!

Taylor

We have almost the same exact dates lol my NOA1 i got it on 21st of Feb and im filling for my fiance in DR as well... I cant wait any longer:(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 10:06 AM, Helena05 said:

Oh wow you are from Moldova! I was born in Moldova as well now Im living in Romania! And we are too February Filers :) (Im beneficiary) 

Hello..................I am a March filer, beneficiary. I live just north of Kansas City!!! My fiancé lives in Norway.......it would be fun to get to know you both!!! Hoping we hear something soon!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey y'all,

i felt a little inspired this mornin and wrote my woman a poem. I think a lot of us can relate to it... enjoy!! 

Day by day I wait for you, 
Day by day I think of you. 
As one day ends and another begins,
it's one step closer to the end.
The end of our separation,
The end of perpetuation,
The end of our yearning, 
to finally be one. 

Every day with you,
Seems like a taste of heaven,
Boy am I lucky God granted me you.
I'm thankful,
I'm grateful, 
And my heart is full,
But most importantly I'm lovin all of you.

Im in wonder and amazement,
At the woman you are.
Your beauty, 
Your charm,
Has lit me on fire.
A flame of passion,
A flame of desire, 
Has suddenly become a raging fire. 

I'm excited to spend my days with you,
Building a life and a family too.
How exciting,
How wonderful, 
How great this will be,
Cause forever you'll be my Honey Bee. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, Maria & Lester said:

Hey All, iam February Filers too, any new update here about NOA2 ..

Thankyou

-Maria-

I haven't seen anything for February other than a few cases that were probably expedited, although January has quite a number of NOA2! We're so close! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

so I'm curious if anyone has a definitive answer to this, as everywhere I search I get mixed replies... I am being proactive in starting our AOS I-485 and I-765, but besides the filing fee for the I-485 and the biometrics, would I also need to include the I-765 fee as well, or is it not needed when filing with the I-485 packet? Thanks in advance 😁

On 4/8/2017 at 5:12 PM, TexasHeartsIndia said:

The thing I never considered about long distance relationships until now is that fun things, beautiful moments, activities I used to love have all lost their excitement. Every time I enjoy something, I think about how much I wish he were here to enjoy it with me. It stings and breaks my heart every time. I've never been one to cry easily but I find myself crying from joy or simply missing him fairly often. I try to get together with friends to distract myself and he is buried in work - but thank God for technology! I don't know what I would do without our daily chats and frequent video chats!

I'm so grateful for these blogs. I love hearing others' stories and progress. It's very encouraging!

^^^ - This is exactly how I feel as well and you stated it beautifully.  I try to go out and have fun with friends, and I do, but it's hard to not feel like a piece of me is missing or wondering what my fiance would say or to hear him laugh along with me.  It's a difficult time waiting in this limbo for our lives to begin together, trying to get through the daily grind while keeping focused on the end goal which is so close and so far away at the same time.

K1 Condensed Timeline:

02/27/17 - I-129F sent; 03/10/17 - NOA1 hard copy received; 06/15/17 - NOA2 hard copy received; 07/16/17 - NVC processing completed; 08/24/17 - Interview (Approved); 09/04/17 - Visa in Hand; 10/26/17 - POE; 12/20/17 - Marriage

AOS Condensed Timeline:

02/06/18 - I-485 sent; 02/20/18 - NOA1 hard copy received; 03/09/18 - Biometrics Completed; 04/21/18 - Interview Appointment Letter Received; 05/14/18 - Interview; 06/08/18 - Approved/Card in Production; 06/16/18 - GC Received

RoC Condensed Timeline:

3/10/20 - I-751 sent; 3/20/20 - NOA received - LIN; 3/10/21 - Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Reused; 4/05/21 - New Card is Being Produced

N400

03/25/21 - Application filed online; 01/15/22 - Interview Scheduled Notification;  02/22/22 - Interview; 02/22/22 - Interview Passed and Same Day Oath Ceremony.  DONE!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.