5,920 posts in this topic

Still waiting on my Noa2... our RFE response was received by uscis on June 20th so I hope it'll be approved this week!

good luck to all of us wherever we are in the process 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Missabc said:

I got a few updates last night / this morning of updated & approved March cases, seriously annoying. :angry:

I'd even be happy with a RFE right now at least i'd know they have touched my case and i would be approved within a week or two!

Yes, just wonder when are they gonna finally touch it.  This part of the process really sucks cause you don't know anything.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
1 hour ago, Missabc said:

I got a few updates last night / this morning of updated & approved March cases, seriously annoying. :angry:

I'd even be happy with a RFE right now at least i'd know they have touched my case and i would be approved within a week or two!

Don't wish for a RFE. Trust me! Everyone knows exactly how you feel. 

Once you receive NOA2, time will fly by. Since you are so close, take every moment and familiarize yourself with the next steps. We thought we were ready until the time at NVC actually arrived. Then I was in a panic trying to do everything correct.  

Our dates:

NOA1 - 2/2/

NOA2 - 5/30

NVC Received - 6/12

NVC in Transit - 6/20

NVC Ready - 6/21

Appointment at Embassy - 7/12 10:05am (I just scheduled this 6/22. My Fiance doesn't even know yet.)

From NVC Receive to Schedule Embassy Appointment 10 days!!!!!!!!!

Everyone still waiting. WE ALL UNDERSTAND HOW FRUSTRATED YOU ARE! Please take this opportunity to double and triple check your information and knowledge. She is a little frustrated with me sometimes because I work so much on the Visa. This is the most important date in my life. I WILL NOT FAIL MY FAMILY. Please prepare more. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline
6 hours ago, AnnieBee said:

I didn't know i need copies of the petitioner's birth certificare or passport. So is the list complete now? Birth certificate, passport I-134, letter from the employer, Tax returns pay stubs (for who has em) updated letter of intent. Is that it? What if the petitioner doesn't have a passport?

You don't need to worry about that. I'm just being extra cautious. :)

And, I don't think the passport will be a problem as long as one of you have flown to the other person to show that you two met within the last 2 years as it is a requirement. 

K1 Visa

Service Center :California Service Center

Consulate :                      Sri Lanka

I-129F Sent :                     2017-02-07

I-129F NOA1 :                   2017-02-14

I-129F NOA2 :                   2017-06-02

NVC Received :                2017-06-16

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned :2017-06-20

NVC Left :                         2017-06-24

Consulate Received :      2017-07-07

Packet 4 Received :         2017-07-24

Interview Date :                2017-08-03  

Interview Result :

Marriage :                          2017-09-23
Estimates/Stats :Your I-129f was approved in 108 days from your NOA1 date. 
Your interview took 170 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

On 6/21/2017 at 4:57 PM, goldenboi said:

It seems like they forgot the 2/28 filers. Several March filers were approved already. They just skipped 2/28 for some reason. Nothing makes sense. Nothing. :unsure:

Agreed, we applied on Feb 27 and not any update on the website 

15 hours ago, Williamsnelson said:

july 10th interview date!!!!!!!! :)))

i may change my interview date to allow time for the medical results to come back in time. still excited.:))) 

YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl0TydLCMPdH4G2gnzC2b8A

INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/find_her_keep_her/  

i-129F Sent:                                                                  2017-01-25

I-129F NOA1/NOA2:                                                   2017-02-01/2017-05-30  
NVC Received: 2017-06-09
Date Case # assigned: 2017-06-12
NVC Left: 2017-06-19
Consulate Received: 2017-06-20
Packet 3 Received/Sent: 2017-06-22

Packet 4 received:

Medical Appointment

Interview date and result:  

Visa Issued Notice:

Visa in hand:

US Entry:

Marriage:

AOS package posted to USCIS:

Acceptance notice i485:

Biometrics:

Acceptance notice i765:

RFE for i765:

Approval for i765 and AP:

Received card for i765 and AP

2017-06-27

2017-07-04

2017-07-21 Approved🎉🎉😊🌈❤️ (see my timeline for breakdown)

2017-08-17

2017-08-21

2017-08-22

2017-09-23❤️❤️❤️❤️

2017-10-20

2017-11-27

2017-12-22                

2018-01-11

2018-04-16

2018-06-07🎉🎉😊

2018-06-13🎉🎉😊

2 hours ago, WayneAdoresWendy said:

Don't wish for a RFE. Trust me! Everyone knows exactly how you feel. 

Once you receive NOA2, time will fly by. Since you are so close, take every moment and familiarize yourself with the next steps. We thought we were ready until the time at NVC actually arrived. Then I was in a panic trying to do everything correct.  

Our dates:

NOA1 - 2/2/

NOA2 - 5/30

NVC Received - 6/12

NVC in Transit - 6/20

NVC Ready - 6/21

Appointment at Embassy - 7/12 10:05am (I just scheduled this 6/22. My Fiance doesn't even know yet.)

From NVC Receive to Schedule Embassy Appointment 10 days!!!!!!!!!

Everyone still waiting. WE ALL UNDERSTAND HOW FRUSTRATED YOU ARE! Please take this opportunity to double and triple check your information and knowledge. She is a little frustrated with me sometimes because I work so much on the Visa. This is the most important date in my life. I WILL NOT FAIL MY FAMILY. Please prepare more. 

Congrats! You are almost there!!!

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

15 hours ago, goldenboi said:

It seems like they forgot the 2/28 filers. Several March filers were approved already. They just skipped 2/28 for some reason. Nothing makes sense. Nothing. :unsure:

No, they have no forgotten you. They just don't work in order and for whatever reason, background checks take longer for some than others. If you have false expectations, you will set yourself up for grief. Be aware that approval has taken up to 4 - 6 months for some, accept that, don't expect more, and you will be better off.

With that being said, the wait is brutal, it sucks. I waited over 4 months for my approval. What irritated me more than the waiting, was the lack of information about my case from USCIS. I would have been in a much better mood and state of mind had they just updated me with "Waiting for a background check to come back" or something similar. Instead, they like to keep people waiting for ages with no feedback at all. It's #######, plain and simple.

Edited by TriloByte

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi guys

Hoping someone on here may be able to help!

My fiance who lives in Minneapolis (MN) filed our packet in February 2017.  To this date, we still haven't even received notification to say that they have received the packet!!  And I am going out of my mind!!

Every time we call the USCIS, we are told that there is a backlog and that they can't give us any further information without an application number.

I have tried to look into it further by checking processing times at the different offices.  Unfortunately due to my fiance's laid back nature, he has no clue where he even sent it to, so I am at a loss there.

We have now filed again this month through a company called Rapid Visa.

I was just wondering is anyone else was experiencing the same problem as I am?

Thanks

Jaya

7 minutes ago, JayaP said:

Hi guys

Hoping someone on here may be able to help!

My fiance who lives in Minneapolis (MN) filed our packet in February 2017.  To this date, we still haven't even received notification to say that they have received the packet!!  And I am going out of my mind!!

Every time we call the USCIS, we are told that there is a backlog and that they can't give us any further information without an application number.

I have tried to look into it further by checking processing times at the different offices.  Unfortunately due to my fiance's laid back nature, he has no clue where he even sent it to, so I am at a loss there.

We have now filed again this month through a company called Rapid Visa.

I was just wondering is anyone else was experiencing the same problem as I am?

Thanks

Jaya

Does he not have the receipt for when he sent the packet so he can track it to see if it delivered. You can send an enquiry to USCIS online as you haven't received the NOA1 hard copy in the post, someone posted it a couple of days ago, i'll try find it for you. 

Edit: https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayONPTForm.do?sroPageType=onpt .... there is the link 

Edited by Missabc

I-129F Sent: 21/02/2017                                                                                                                                                 Marriage: 12/01/2018

I-129F Received Date: 23/02/2017                                                                                                                               AOS/EAD/AP Sent :

I-129F NOA1: 28/02/2017

RFE: 12/07/2017

RFE Hard Copy Received: 17/07/2017

RFE Response Sent Back: 18/07/2017

RFE Received By USCIS: 21/07/2017

I-129F NOA2: 18/08/2017 (176 Days)

NVC Received: 31/08/2017 (13 Days)

NVC Left: 06/09/2017 (6 Days)

Consulate Received: 08/09/2017

Letter from embassy (Packet 3): 11/09/2017
Medical at Knightsbridge: 28/09/2017

Interview: 10/10/2017 APPROVED!!!!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Missabc said:

Does he not have the receipt for when he sent the packet so he can track it to see if it delivered. You can send an enquiry to USCIS online as you haven't received the NOA1 hard copy in the post, someone posted it a couple of days ago, i'll try find it for you. 

Edit: https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayONPTForm.do?sroPageType=onpt .... there is the link 

Hi

Do you mean the receipt to confirm postage or the receipt from the office?

When I asked him where he sent it to, he just said it was the address that was provided on the USCIS webiste, so I'm guessing it was the Dallas one?

I feel so helpless!  I really wish he would have managed the process a lot better instead of relying on someone else for advice!  Lesson learnt...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

@JayaP did the check or money order he sent with the initial petition get cashed? That is one way to know if the petition was sent to the correct place. If they cashed the check, it usually means they have the petition. It could be that the NOA1 was lost in the mail or had the wrong address or something. 

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, RJandHamid said:

@JayaP did the check or money order he sent with the initial petition get cashed? That is one way to know if the petition was sent to the correct place. If they cashed the check, it usually means they have the petition. It could be that the NOA1 was lost in the mail or had the wrong address or something. 

Hi

The check hasn't cleared.  He is adamant that he used the correct address.  He also said that he had to put a return address on there, so he would have received the packet back if it was returned or was filed incorrectly.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

HI folks, I am filling out the I 134.I have some questions.Annual income gonna be my income on last w2 right.

Do I supposed to leave blank or write N/A for the middle name.I have no middle name.And I have 2 jobs .One is fulltime one is part time.Do I need to write my part time job on I 134 and where i am gonna put it .No space for second job.thanks for the help

Edited by manisali45

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.