5,920 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline
2 hours ago, TriloByte said:

Thanks. Just called them, they still have not received it. Would be nice to have a tracking number. Oh well. 

It won't take too long. Keep calling them every day. 

https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

You just wait for the number and then you can start checking once you have it.

4 minutes ago, Willy Wilcox said:

https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx 

This is the site that allows you to check your case.

Thanks! Mine says "at nvc"

K1 Visa

Service Center :California Service Center

Consulate :                      Sri Lanka

I-129F Sent :                     2017-02-07

I-129F NOA1 :                   2017-02-14

I-129F NOA2 :                   2017-06-02

NVC Received :                2017-06-16

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned :2017-06-20

NVC Left :                         2017-06-24

Consulate Received :      2017-07-07

Packet 4 Received :         2017-07-24

Interview Date :                2017-08-03  

Interview Result :

Marriage :                          2017-09-23
Estimates/Stats :Your I-129f was approved in 108 days from your NOA1 date. 
Your interview took 170 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

18 minutes ago, Dave&JoJo said:

So after what's felt like an age my case has finally been received and listed as ready by the London embassy! I've scheduled my medical for the 14th July at Knightsbridge doctors, completed my ds160 and have just made the arrangements for my consulate interview on the 27th July and yet I still feel like I've missed something! 

Incredibky happy that things are moving along and just want to say a big thanks for everyone on this post for being so helpful and friendly during this whole process! 

Cheers folks!

I'd love to know how you get on at London so I know what to expect!

I-129F Sent: 21/02/2017                                                                                                                                                 Marriage: 12/01/2018

I-129F Received Date: 23/02/2017                                                                                                                               AOS/EAD/AP Sent :

I-129F NOA1: 28/02/2017

RFE: 12/07/2017

RFE Hard Copy Received: 17/07/2017

RFE Response Sent Back: 18/07/2017

RFE Received By USCIS: 21/07/2017

I-129F NOA2: 18/08/2017 (176 Days)

NVC Received: 31/08/2017 (13 Days)

NVC Left: 06/09/2017 (6 Days)

Consulate Received: 08/09/2017

Letter from embassy (Packet 3): 11/09/2017
Medical at Knightsbridge: 28/09/2017

Interview: 10/10/2017 APPROVED!!!!

25 minutes ago, Dave&JoJo said:

So after what's felt like an age my case has finally been received and listed as ready by the London embassy! I've scheduled my medical for the 14th July at Knightsbridge doctors, completed my ds160 and have just made the arrangements for my consulate interview on the 27th July and yet I still feel like I've missed something! 

Incredibky happy that things are moving along and just want to say a big thanks for everyone on this post for being so helpful and friendly during this whole process! 

Cheers folks!

What the availability for interviews like in London? Hopefully getting my NVC case number soon and booking mine too :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Missabc said:

I'd love to know how you get on at London so I know what to expect!

Sure thing, I'll most likely put a review up on my timeline after everything is done. Thankfully things seem more about just making sure you have all the required documents and forms in order.

The whole process to get to this point has felt pretty draining but knowing I'm only 5-6 weeks from having it all (hopefully) done feels like a massive weight off my shoulders.

Good luck with your process!

Timeline
1 minute ago, Skatie2k17 said:

What the availability for interviews like in London? Hopefully getting my NVC case number soon and booking mine too :) 

July was nearly totally free on any tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. No Friday appointments available from what I remember and only a couple Mondays left. August for some reason was completely unavailable for some reason. Perhaps they don't allow bookings too far in the future?

17 minutes ago, Dave&JoJo said:

July was nearly totally free on any tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. No Friday appointments available from what I remember and only a couple Mondays left. August for some reason was completely unavailable for some reason. Perhaps they don't allow bookings too far in the future?

Wow that sounds awesome, thanks! Did you wait until the case arrived at London before you booked? (The embassy website says you "have to", but I'm not sure I trust it :) )

Timeline
44 minutes ago, Dave&JoJo said:

When did you get your letter showing nvc number and what type of visa it is? 

I got my noa2 on 5 June but I've booked a medical on the 14th of July too!!!!

they need a letter showing the category of visa and nvc number on the day so I'm hoping it'll arrive by then (otherwise I'll reschedule 3 days before)

Timeline
50 minutes ago, Skatie2k17 said:

Wow that sounds awesome, thanks! Did you wait until the case arrived at London before you booked? (The embassy website says you "have to", but I'm not sure I trust it :) )

Yeah I waited until it was listed as ready. We had a bit of a nightmare waiting for NVC to assign a case number (just under 5 weeks) but went from number assigned to case ready in only 7 days.

Timeline
24 minutes ago, prish17 said:

When did you get your letter showing nvc number and what type of visa it is? 

I got my noa2 on 5 June but I've booked a medical on the 14th of July too!!!!

they need a letter showing the category of visa and nvc number on the day so I'm hoping it'll arrive by then (otherwise I'll reschedule 3 days before)

I haven't received anything in the post yet but am hoping to get something in in the next week or so through the post. Although when you complete and pay the visa fee you do get a receipt with your details plus LND number on, maybe this is sufficient?

My medical is 3.30pm, had to give myself time to get the train down to Kings Cross

Timeline

It's our 132 day of wait and everything they could do now is give us a RFE after yesterday call from my fiance to them. Guys, you should not sit and just wait, do something within these (120ish days of waiting!!!!). It can not be just a coincide!!!!!! 

Edited by Sunforever

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi all,

Just an update in our status and share some knowledge!

We received our NOA2 on 2 June and it was approved 30 May. The NVC received our case on 9 June but had yet to be assigned a case number. They stated that we should be an assigned a case number by the end of the week.

I was a bit confused as I thought if it was received, it would get a case number the same day. Apparently it's because our case is being put through the new electronic process.

I guess the positive of this is that when our case number is assigned and sent off the embassy, it will be faster than snail mail! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

I just started screaming while I am teaching my youngest son to drive. NVC finally says in "in Transit"!

Question please someone. I read many people get "Ready"! Is the "Ready" message also on CEAC?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Just now, WayneAdoresWendy said:

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

I just started screaming while I am teaching my youngest son to drive. NVC finally says in "in Transit"!

Question please someone. I read many people get "Ready"! Is the "Ready" message also on CEAC?

Yes!

AOS Process:

I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) File Date:  January 24, 2018

I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) Receive Date:  January 26, 2018

I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) Text Receipt Notification Date:  February 5, 2018

I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) NOA1 Notice Date: February 9, 2018

I-485 (AOS) & I-765 (EAD) Biometrics Appointment Letter Arrival: February 16, 2018

I-485 (AOS) & I-765 (EAD) Biometrics Appointment: February 28, 2018

I-765 (EAD) & I-131 (AP) Approval Date: August 1, 2018

I-765 (EAD) & I-131 (AP) Combo Card Receive Date: August 7, 2018

I-485 (AOS) Interview Date Scheduled for: September 11, 2018

I-485 (AOS) Approval Date: September 11, 2018 (Approval at interview)

Green Cards Receive Date: September 18, 2018

ROC Process:

I-751 Package Mailed: July 8, 2020

I-751 Package Received: July 10, 2020

I-751 Text Receipt Notification: July 18, 2020

I-751 NOA1 for K1/K2 Received in Mail: August 1, 2020

I-512 Biometrics Letters for K1 & K2 Received (Appointments Waived): October 18, 2020

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Burkina Faso
Timeline

Hi all,

Can somebody who has done this already please tell me what is needed for proof of income. Ist tax return documents, bank statement ,paystubs, leter from employer or is it all of them. 

Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.