5,920 posts in this topic

My letter is ready for the congressmen. Wish me luck! :)

I-129F Sent: 21/02/2017                                                                                                                                                 Marriage: 12/01/2018

I-129F Received Date: 23/02/2017                                                                                                                               AOS/EAD/AP Sent :

I-129F NOA1: 28/02/2017

RFE: 12/07/2017

RFE Hard Copy Received: 17/07/2017

RFE Response Sent Back: 18/07/2017

RFE Received By USCIS: 21/07/2017

I-129F NOA2: 18/08/2017 (176 Days)

NVC Received: 31/08/2017 (13 Days)

NVC Left: 06/09/2017 (6 Days)

Consulate Received: 08/09/2017

Letter from embassy (Packet 3): 11/09/2017
Medical at Knightsbridge: 28/09/2017

Interview: 10/10/2017 APPROVED!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Missabc said:

You might wanna just call direct and tell them...thats what I did and they emailed me a authorization form that they sent the next day....just a thought

52 minutes ago, Missabc said:

Good luck. I am sure you're days away from NOA2 anyway, but every bit has the potential to help things along.

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

4 hours ago, tab0712 said:

Hello Everyone!

I created a new profile as I have been locked out of my account for a week now, and nothing I have done (reset password, sent help notifications, have members inquire) has allowed me to log into my account I have had since last year. If anyone knows a moderator personally, I rather have my old account active as I have loads of messages I'd like to have moving forward. 

Of course this would happen when I got my approval. Last Saturday night at 9:30pm I was watching TV, and the USCIS tracker app vibrated for the first time in weeks. It was alerting me that my case was approved. My fiance was already in bed, and I wanted to tell him face to face, and we were going to lunch with my Dad the next day. So just to be sure I logged into the USCIS site and low and behold... it was updated that my case was in fact approved. I never received the email notification. But after weeks of neither systems updating, it did that night, and I went to bed with a smile on my face and tears in my eyes. At lunch Sunday, when we got our drinks, Tony thankfully said, Cheers and raised his glass. My dad and I followed and I said, yes, we definitely have something to celebrate... we got our approval. He jumped up, gave me a long hug and kiss, then started to cry. I'm sure the people in the restaurant thought I told him I was pregnant. What a relief this has been for us.

And I see in this last week there has been a bunch of approvals. Congratulations to you all. I'm not going to go back and read all 30+ pages from this last week. Not that I don't want too, but I just don't have the time. 

It took 120 days from NOA1 to NOA2. 

Congrats!!!!!!

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

117 days and counting... just my luck and I'll be one of those December folks. I'm ready to go to Brazil for 2 weeks and be with the woman that I love. I'm ready to make her my wife and begin a life together. I remind myself that this is what We signed up for when we decided to be an international couple... it'll all be worth it in the end. Until then I'll continue to binge watch Michael Jackson videos and read the comments on YouTube 😆 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, Missabc said:

I am doing the same on Monday....

NOA1 date 2/6....

I want to know something.....anything.....just a little hope would be nice at this point....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hello!

My fiance has finished the DS-160 and the embassy is showing a status of "ready" for the consular interview.  Does the embassy contact the applicant and if so does that usually happen via email or regular mail?  Also is there anything one can do to expedite the process?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, janet3 said:

I am doing the same on Monday....

NOA1 date 2/6....

I want to know something.....anything.....just a little hope would be nice at this point....

Yours has to be soon! We have the same NOA1 date. Hang in there!

Timeline
11 minutes ago, TexasHeartsIndia said:

Yours has to be soon! We have the same NOA1 date. Hang in there!

Thank you! I am so tired of my life being on hold.....hearing anything would be good....I have everything together for the interview....I am ready to book the flight and go to the interview.... at this point I am even willing to shut down my business and move to the other side of the world....I am just frustrated  and tired of waiting on an f**ing letter .... sorry guys...a little frustrated today :angry:

Timeline
3 hours ago, mkm1993 said:

117 days and counting... just my luck and I'll be one of those December folks. I'm ready to go to Brazil for 2 weeks and be with the woman that I love. I'm ready to make her my wife and begin a life together. I remind myself that this is what We signed up for when we decided to be an international couple... it'll all be worth it in the end. Until then I'll continue to binge watch Michael Jackson videos and read the comments on YouTube 😆 

Hang in there....I'm right there with you....only I'm watching 9 seasons of X-FILES....

And it's suppose to storm like crazy here tonight....it's headed your way I'm sure....stay safe.

Edited by janet3

Timeline
1 minute ago, janet3 said:

Thank you! I am so tired of my life being on hold.....hearing anything would be good....I have everything together for the interview....I am ready to book the flight and go to the interview.... at this point I am even willing to shut down my business and move to the other side of the world....I am just frustrated  and tired of waiting on an f**ing letter .... sorry guys...a little frustrated today :angry:

I completely understand... I was at that same point. I have to say, even now, not knowing exactly when he'll be here is difficult. I'm ready to get our life started. It'll happen soon...

Timeline
2 minutes ago, TexasHeartsIndia said:

I completely understand... I was at that same point. I have to say, even now, not knowing exactly when he'll be here is difficult. I'm ready to get our life started. It'll happen soon...

You are right :)

Some information will come soon...

And you can not imagine how happy I am for you guys.....it is my understanding it moves quickly after the NOA2.....

Do you plan on going to the interview? 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, janet3 said:

You are right :)

Some information will come soon...

And you can not imagine how happy I am for you guys.....it is my understanding it moves quickly after the NOA2.....

Do you plan on going to the interview? 

I won't be able to go back to India for the interview or to help him move :( The flights are simply too expensive, especially with all of our other expenses (wedding, visa fees, his flight, etc). The really difficult issue is he owns a house (separate from the apartment he lives in now) that he is trying to sell. Our finances will be tight for a while... AND.... he still doesn't have his birth certificate - they weren't standard issue until 1980 and it's taking a LOT longer than we thought to get him registered and a certificate issued. :wacko: This whole thing makes me appreciate how standardized everything is in America, even if it is complicated at times.

I figure if all goes well moving forward, he will probably be here September or October. We plan to have the wedding 2 weeks after he arrives.

I think it's more rare for cases to take this long or longer... Let's pray your NOA2 is in the mail already!

Edited by TexasHeartsIndia

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.