5,920 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, KonE said:

Hi congrats! If I my ask do you have a k2 with your i129f?

Well, I don't know what a k2 is, so I probably don't have one.

Thanks for the congratulations. I wish you all the best. Please continue to ask questions and let me know whatever I can do to help.

Thanks

Service Center : California Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F Sent : 2017-01-20

I-129F NOA1 : 2017-02-15

I-129F NOA2 : 2017-05-18

NVC Received : 2017-06-06

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2017-06-06

NVC Left : 2017-06-12

Consulate Received : 2017-06-16

Packet 3 Received : 2017-06-20

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that i scheduled the interview appointment today and now im a little nervous because the moment of truth is coming nearby. Im crossing my fingers that everything works out fine. And congrats to all u who received noa2 from now on you will see how quickly things will go. And all of u guys who have not gotten the noa2 yet hang in there. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Anyone here who got an RFE but now got approved with NOA2? Just wondering how long that took. Is it another full month of waiting? :(

AOS Timeline: Camie (Beneficiary)

Dec 08, 2017:               Married!
June 23, 2018:             Filed AOS (we waited until our savings reached above poverty guideline since we both moved here from the PH with basically nothing)

Aug 20, 2018:              Biometrics (I asked to reschedule but USCIS never sent a new date, so I did walk-in.)
Nov 5, 2018:                Received RFE for I-864 joint sponsor

16 minutes ago, Camie said:

Anyone here who got an RFE but now got approved with NOA2? Just wondering how long that took. Is it another full month of waiting? :(

Hey - I had an RFE last month. It took exactly a week between USCIS receiving my response and approval. It could be longer than this, perhaps closer to two weeks, but every case differs. If the RFE was sufficiently supplied it's usually approved quickly.

25 Jan: I-129F Sent from Berlin | 27 Jan: NOA-1 | 01 May: RFE19 May: NOA-2

03 Jun: NVC Received | 20 Jun: NVC Issued Case Number | 23 Jun: Case Ready 

29 Jun: Medical | 03 Jul: Packet 3 received & sent | 13 Jul: Interview | 20 Jul: Visa In Hand

07 Aug: POE | 06 Sep: AOS Sent | 15 Sep: NOA-1 | 15 Oct: RFE | 29 Nov: EAD/AP/AOS NOA-2 | 06 Dec: EAD/AP In Hand

02 Jan: AOS Interview | 08 Jan: GC Received

04 Oct: I-751 Filed | 10 Oct: GC Extended

18 Aug: I-751 Approved | 04 Oct: N-400 Window Open + Filed

18 Apr: Biometrics Reuse | 14 Jun: Interview

Timeline
2 minutes ago, glmg21 said:

Hey - I had an RFE last month. It took exactly a week between USCIS receiving my response and approval. It could be longer than this, perhaps closer to two weeks, but every case differs. If the RFE was sufficiently supplied it's usually approved quickly.

Thanks for the response!

I'm hoping to get it in a week. This time we showed proof that my fiance resides in the same city as me here in the Philippines and included social media posts of us together and family/friends posting photos with us as well + passport stamps of our travels together.

We didn't discover VJ until after we sent in the petition, so we didnt really know to be that detailed with the proof. Lesson learned. haha

AOS Timeline: Camie (Beneficiary)

Dec 08, 2017:               Married!
June 23, 2018:             Filed AOS (we waited until our savings reached above poverty guideline since we both moved here from the PH with basically nothing)

Aug 20, 2018:              Biometrics (I asked to reschedule but USCIS never sent a new date, so I did walk-in.)
Nov 5, 2018:                Received RFE for I-864 joint sponsor

2 hours ago, tevans2 said:

That moment when you tell your fiancé to video chat immediately because it's an emergency and he's having a panic attack because he thought you got in a car wreck 😬 But it's actually because you received a little piece of mail and absolutely had to open it together!!! Y'all. Words don't even begin to describe any of it! So here's some screenshots to do the job.   

Received: feb 10

Noa1: feb 14

Noa2 date: June 9

Noa2 received: June 15!

cameraRollTempImage.jpg

Haha his face went from worry to instant joy 😂 #Priceless 

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Karmachewy said:

Well, I don't know what a k2 is, so I probably don't have one.

Thanks for the congratulations. I wish you all the best. Please continue to ask questions and let me know whatever I can do to help.

Thanks

Thank you.l! 🙂

Edited by KonE

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Camie said:

Mine got approved 3 days after they receive our response and  

rfe -may22

hard copy -25

response-27 

received-june5

NOA2-june 8

hardcopy-june12

Timeline
2 hours ago, KonE said:

Wow thank you for that info .. we have a k2 as well which is our son too.. I am just wondering if your sons name reflected in your NOA2?

His name was not on the NOA2.  When you check the status on the ceac website it will show the mnl# at the bottom followed by 01 for the k1 and 02or the derivatives.  I assume 03 for second child. 04 for third etc.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Angel&Eric said:

His name was not on the NOA2.  When you check the status on the ceac website it will show the mnl# at the bottom followed by 01 for the k1 and 02or the derivatives.  I assume 03 for second child. 04 for third etc.

Thank you for that! ☺️ Finally!! We're actually nervous about that we cant leave our son . We tried to do CRBA before however we got denied due to my stay in the US after the age of 14. 

Thank you very much!! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
7 hours ago, Camie said:

We got our RFE the last week of May .

I sent back the doc. and they received it on June 1. We got our approval June 14. 

Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Now that we have our NOA2 approval, we are trying to get all this paperwork needed for the interview gathered. We have pretty much everything except the police certificates.

My fiance lived in the US on a student visa for a few years (which is when we met) before he graduated and and had to return to India. 

Does anyone know if he needs a police certificate from the US? We know he needs one from India, but we've read several sites and some say no US police certificate is needed but others say it is. 

NOA1-February 14

NOA2-June 14

Good luck to everyone still waiting, and hope it goes quick!  Congrats to everyone who has been approved so far!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
39 minutes ago, lpvg17 said:

We got our RFE the last week of May .

I sent back the doc. and they received it on June 1. We got our approval June 14. 

Good luck!

We gor rfe in May, too.They received it in May 31st and we got approval June 7th.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.