5,920 posts in this topic

Timeline
6 hours ago, TexasHeartsIndia said:

APPROVED! I got the email from USPS that I had a letter from USCIS and i had to go home and check. The file was approved 6/10 and i received the letter today. No email or app update. 

I couldn't be more excited! I video called him and we opened it together. Happy tears!

Congrats!!! I'm so happy for you!! One step closer to that extremely well planned wedding 😉

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 hours ago, RaptureSongbird said:

It's been quite a long time since an email made me cry...

Before I left for work this morning I was having a conversation in my head saying "As long as I receive NOA2 by the end of the month, I will be happy and my fiancé will still be able to arrive when we were planning". 

I arrived to work this morning and noticed I had received an email on my phone.  I opened it up and saw that it was the USPS Informed Delivery email.  After weeks of having this service on, I was just expecting to see another day of images of bills and junk mail.  As the email loaded, I saw the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration logo start to load and all of my breath disappeared from me.  I now knew that I was going to get the letter in the mail today but had no idea what the news would be (approval, RFE, etc.).  My first thought was "How in the hell am I going to make it through work today"?

Then, the email finished loading and I noticed something else.  Either due to how the letter was folded, or how it had moved around during transit/scanning, I could make out some of the lines below my address..."The above petition has been approved.  We have sent the original visa petition to the Department of Sta".

My breath still hadn't returned but the tears of joy started to flow and I couldn't stop them.  Of course right at that moment a coworker stopped by and asked if I was okay and I said "Yes, I've just received some really great news, these are tears of joy, don't worry".

I'm still kind of in shock that we've been approved, it doesn't seem quite real after all of the waiting.  Suddenly, BAM, today it's here.

Thank you everyone for your kindness and support during this process.  Even though I don't always respond, or am slow to respond sometimes, this thread has been my life boat during the wait.  I know we still have a ways to go in the process, and the interview still ahead for my fiancé, but for the first time in a long time I feel relief and hope.

For anyone that is curious, package received date in Texas was 02/28/17 with a 03/06/17 email & text NOA1 date and a 03/10/17 hard copy date.  Based on the NOA2 envelope being stamped as 06/12/17, that puts me at 104 days since it was first received and 98 days since the first NOA1 notice until NOA2.

I am looking forward to continuing this journey with everyone here.  You are the first to know, my fiancé doesn't even know yet and I plan to surprise him tonight when I get home from work and we have our usual Skype chat.

Hugs and love to all.

Yours is going quick, wish mine moved like yours.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
3 minutes ago, aradracing02 said:

So , after having a terrible night yesterday while visiting my fiance in brazil , we were involved in a small car accident. 

It took us about 5 hours to solve everything and grab another car in the rental store, we got home had dinner , showered and went to bed. 

This Morning i woke up super early and there was no USPS email yet, slept some more and woke up around 9:30 am, opened up the USPS email and with one eye opened saw finally after 136 Days there was another USCIS letter in my Mailbox! I jumped with emotions and woke up my fiance to show her we had received our letter, but had to wait all day long until someone at Home arrived from work and could open it up .... Indeed there was our APPROVED NOA2 Finally!!! 

Received Date: Jan 31,2017 

NOA1: Feb 2 , 2017 

NOA2: Jun 9, 2017 

Ready to Move On now ! 

Yay!!!! Congrats!!!! Sorry to hear about the car accident, hope everyone is well!

K-1 Visa Jouney

Spoiler

24-Feb 2017 - I-129F packet sent to TX lockbox

28-Feb 2017 - I-129F Received Date

03-Mar 2017 - NOA1 Notice Date

12-Jun 2017 - NOA2 Notice Date

26-Jun 2017 - NVC Case # Received

03-Jul 2017 - Embassy Received

05-Jul 2017 - Medical

14-Jul 2017 - Interview - APPROVED

18-Jul 2017 - Visa in hand!

21-Jul 2017 - POE Miami!!

27-Aug 2017 - MARRIED!!

AOS

31-AUG 2017 - Mailed I-485, I-131, I-765

06-SEP 2017 - NOA I-485,I-131, I-765

27-SEP 2017 Biometrics

24-OCT-2017 EAD/AP Approved

01-NOV-2017 Combo Card Received

23-JUL-2018 Interview

23-JUL-2018 - I-485 APPROVED

19 minutes ago, aradracing02 said:

So , after having a terrible night yesterday while visiting my fiance in brazil , we were involved in a small car accident. 

It took us about 5 hours to solve everything and grab another car in the rental store, we got home had dinner , showered and went to bed. 

This Morning i woke up super early and there was no USPS email yet, slept some more and woke up around 9:30 am, opened up the USPS email and with one eye opened saw finally after 136 Days there was another USCIS letter in my Mailbox! I jumped with emotions and woke up my fiance to show her we had received our letter, but had to wait all day long until someone at Home arrived from work and could open it up .... Indeed there was our APPROVED NOA2 Finally!!! 

Received Date: Jan 31,2017 

NOA1: Feb 2 , 2017 

NOA2: Jun 9, 2017 

Ready to Move On now ! 

Did I foretell your future yesterday? 🙂 Congratulations!

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, lpvg17 said:

CONGRATS!!!!! We got our approval today too!!!!!!! :):):) 

Found out by the app, then didn't believe it so I checked the uscis.gov website. APPROVED!!!!!

Oh how exciting!! Another Indian applicant!! Congratulations!!

Where is your fiance? Which embassy will he/she interview at? Mine is in Delhi. :D We're hoping he'll be here my September/October. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
6 hours ago, mkr1990 said:

Just checked the USCIS online tracker and it says we got approved on June 14. I couldn't believe my eyes like I was shaking and we are so happy!! 

Congrats everybody and for the ones still waiting, hang in there we know how hard it is.

Our received date is February 8.

Congratulations!!!!I'm so happy for you!! 

Timeline

Finally got everything scheduled and leaving in a week to go sit through the interview. She leaves Sunday to start medical. We filed December 23, accepted jan.9 . April 4 they sent letter from nvc and may 1 received the letter to schedule. We could have scheduled earlier interview date but I had to schedule the time off with my job, the waiting is tough but now it's here the thought of every possible thing that could go wrong keeps me busy. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, eastcoastgroove said:

Congrats!!! I'm so happy for you!! One step closer to that extremely well planned wedding 😉

Thank you so much! I am beginning to realize how much I have left to get one!! My dress needs to be altered, I need to buy ties for the guys, visit the florist and figure out if I am going to do it myself or have flowers done, pick caterers... oh my goodness!!:wub::blink::rolleyes:

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Chaud18 said:

I know this has been asked many times before. But is there I can do now to prepare while I'm waiting for NVC ?

I already mailed my affidavit of support so you should do that if you haven't already. It needs to be hand-signed by the petitioner (from what I understand) and mailed directly to the beneficiary - everything from the petitioner should be sent to the beneficiary, not the NVC or embassy. Be sure to provide additional evidence with the form, such as W2s, pay stubs, last year's tax filing, a letter from your employer. You can also send a revised letter of intent to marry. The embassy will also want to see evidence of your relationship from the time you submitted your petition until the interview, so pictures if you saw one another again, chats, video chat logs, etc. Also look up your embassy's website to see if you can find out what is required for your specific embassy. Some require that the finger prints be taken before the interview, others can be done the day-of. You can also find out where the approved physician is located and what the examination requirements are.

Timeline
Just now, Chaud18 said:

I know this has been asked many times before. But is there I can do now to prepare while I'm waiting for NVC ?

I-134, collect your tax transcripts for past three years, W2s, Employment verification letter, perhaps updated chat logs since you submitted I-129. Begin familiarizing yourself with the DS160, and what documents will be needed for medical. Learn about the process to pay for the visas.

Timeline
7 hours ago, Angel&Eric said:

She said it was fairly easy, as long as you have the documentation that they want.  She arrived at about 7:00am and was able to complete nearly everything in one day.  She did need to return for her immunizations and to read our sons TB skin test.

They had a little trouble with our son.  St. Luke's was willing to accept he baby book with the immunizations written in it if the Doctor signed it has wrote her license number under her signature.

Wow thank you for that info .. we have a k2 as well which is our son too.. I am just wondering if your sons name reflected in your NOA2?

34 minutes ago, tevans2 said:

That moment when you tell your fiancé to video chat immediately because it's an emergency and he's having a panic attack because he thought you got in a car wreck 😬 But it's actually because you received a little piece of mail and absolutely had to open it together!!! Y'all. Words don't even begin to describe any of it! So here's some screenshots to do the job.   

Received: feb 10

Noa1: feb 14

Noa2 date: June 9

Noa2 received: June 15!

cameraRollTempImage.jpg

Yeah!!! Congrats!!!!

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.