5,920 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
6 hours ago, shortcut10467 said:

the Department of State CEAC website, I don't remember the exact url address but I'm sure it will come up in a google search... You search by your NVC case number and it gives you the status, but from talking with the embassies and the representatives at the NVC, the website seems to be late about a day or so, so best bet if you are really pressed for time is to call... Once the website stated that our petition was "Ready" we started filling out DS-160 since we had already done the medical the moment we received our case number. We didn't submit anything til we physically received packet 3 because the two times we called the embassy they said, that it was there but not ready yet, so we didn't want to risk wasting time going back and forth with them. Hope this helps.. Good Luck

Thanks for the advice @shortcut10467.  At what point did you send down all the documents that needed to give to your beneficiary (i.e. I-134 with supporting evidence, letter confirming desire to still marry, etc.)?

AOS Process:

I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) File Date:  January 24, 2018

I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) Receive Date:  January 26, 2018

I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) Text Receipt Notification Date:  February 5, 2018

I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) NOA1 Notice Date: February 9, 2018

I-485 (AOS) & I-765 (EAD) Biometrics Appointment Letter Arrival: February 16, 2018

I-485 (AOS) & I-765 (EAD) Biometrics Appointment: February 28, 2018

I-765 (EAD) & I-131 (AP) Approval Date: August 1, 2018

I-765 (EAD) & I-131 (AP) Combo Card Receive Date: August 7, 2018

I-485 (AOS) Interview Date Scheduled for: September 11, 2018

I-485 (AOS) Approval Date: September 11, 2018 (Approval at interview)

Green Cards Receive Date: September 18, 2018

ROC Process:

I-751 Package Mailed: July 8, 2020

I-751 Package Received: July 10, 2020

I-751 Text Receipt Notification: July 18, 2020

I-751 NOA1 for K1/K2 Received in Mail: August 1, 2020

I-512 Biometrics Letters for K1 & K2 Received (Appointments Waived): October 18, 2020

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
1 minute ago, Willy Wilcox said:

Thanks for the advice @shortcut10467.  At what point did you send down all the documents that needed to give to your beneficiary (i.e. I-134 with supporting evidence, letter confirming desire to still marry, etc.)?

I had them all sent a little over a month after filing the original petition, she has had everything sitting there organized, filed, and waiting for the interview.

I'm just wondering who had the same experience like us. So my fiancè called the USCIS today and he asked if he could talk to the tier 2 officer and the tier 2 called back and said our case was approved yesterday but we will recieved our hard copy next week since it's a military address.. So does this mean our case is really approved and just have to wait for the hardcopy? 😊😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, Denesse said:

I'm just wondering who had the same experience like us. So my fiancè called the USCIS today and he asked if he could talk to the tier 2 officer and the tier 2 called back and said our case was approved yesterday but we will recieved our hard copy next week since it's a military address.. So does this mean our case is really approved and just have to wait for the hardcopy? 😊😊

Sounds like an approval to me....waiting for the NOA2 hard copy.   Congrats to you.  Good luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Christine said:

Just checked my case in CEAC and its says READY.

Friday I got case number and Tuesday its already in my embassy.

Do you know when your case was received at NVC?  Ours was 6/8 (case number assigned same day), but CEAC still indicates "At NVC"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
10 hours ago, prish17 said:

For London you can book a medical / get the DS160 done once you have the LDN number from the NVC :D 

make sure your finacee has ordered the police certs etc before then :) 

once again...I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO pleased for you!

Hey, sorry to creep on your post, I also just received my NOA2 in the mail, I am excited to get our NVC number so I can book my medical, but I heard you need the physical copy to take to the medical, do you know if this is true?  Thank you!

Timeline
17 minutes ago, EmGosh said:

Hey, sorry to creep on your post, I also just received my NOA2 in the mail, I am excited to get our NVC number so I can book my medical, but I heard you need the physical copy to take to the medical, do you know if this is true?  Thank you!

Its usually fine with the London one- you may want to check with your embassy as most things after Noa2 are country specific :)  

Edited by prish17
More info

Timeline
18 minutes ago, EmGosh said:

Edited by prish17
J

Timeline
4 minutes ago, prish17 said:

Its usually fine with the London one- you may want to check with your embassy as most things after Noa2 are country specific :)  

Yeah London is my embassy! I think I'm going to phone the medical exam centre tomorrow to see whether they require the NVC hard copy letter! Thanks for your help:)

Timeline
10 minutes ago, EmGosh said:

Yeah London is my embassy! I think I'm going to phone the medical exam centre tomorrow to see whether they require the NVC hard copy letter! Thanks for your help:)

Let us all know then :) 

3 hours ago, Denesse said:

Yeah, it's approved. It's not something they would lie about I don't think. Seems to take around 5 - 10 days or so to arrive.

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Well... no NOA2 today. Here comes day 127...

Oh, I forgot to add my positive note from yesterday! I started a gift registry for us at Bed, Bath & Beyond! So much fun! :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.