5,920 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, prish17 said:

For London you can book a medical / get the DS160 done once you have the LDN number from the NVC :D 

make sure your finacee has ordered the police certs etc before then :) 

once again...I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO pleased for you!

Thank you! I wish I could give you reputation points haha. VJ only allows 50 per day. :blink:

I didn't realize that stuff about the DS160 and medical right after NVC. I thought we had to wait until Embassy stage. That's very good information. Everything else has been done for months now, while we waiting for USCIS haha

Edited by TriloByte

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Missabc said:

110 day's today, feel totally deflated. When i started this process i assumed our case was 'easy', neither of us have been married, no children and plenty of evidence. Oh how i was wrong. I feel like i cant moan and feel down because i know there is people waiting much longer than we have and that im just being impatient but i think that because i set myself up thinking i would be approved by now. Seeing people now be approved after me is a weird feeling because im genuinley happy they got that good news but at the same time it's so disheartening.

Sorry for moaning, i just needed to vent!!

It'll be soon!!! Just hang in there!!!

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, Missabc said:

110 day's today, feel totally deflated. When i started this process i assumed our case was 'easy', neither of us have been married, no children and plenty of evidence. Oh how i was wrong. I feel like i cant moan and feel down because i know there is people waiting much longer than we have and that im just being impatient but i think that because i set myself up thinking i would be approved by now. Seeing people now be approved after me is a weird feeling because im genuinley happy they got that good news but at the same time it's so disheartening.

Hey it's completely normal and acceptable to feel down sometimes. I totally understand the frustration as I've been feeling the same recently. Our case was easy as well - no previous marraige, a lot of evidence since we lived together for 3 years and just had a trip to asia this year, no children, no big age gap, met in college. It doesn't make sense that March filers are getting approvals. I am happy for them but it makes me wonder how this system works. Knowing that people before me especially some January filers that are still waiting makes me think how this process is unfair. We are all helpless with this process and all we can do is wait. My fiancee always tells me that it's God's plan that we're still waiting. But I know that she is also worried that it's taking so long.

I pray that everyone (including me and my fiancee) will have patience and calm with this journey. 

Day 110 and feeling :unsure:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
12 hours ago, cherryblossoms916 said:

Is there anyone here still waiting for their NO2 for 120 days or more? your reply will be much appreciated. :rolleyes:

Day 125 for us :( Hang in there everybody 

02/08/2017- I-129F packet received

02/10/2017 -NOA1

02/18/2017 - NOA1 Letter 

Waiting for NOA2

14 minutes ago, goldenboi said:

Hey it's completely normal and acceptable to feel down sometimes. I totally understand the frustration as I've been feeling the same recently. Our case was easy as well - no previous marraige, a lot of evidence since we lived together for 3 years and just had a trip to asia this year, no children, no big age gap, met in college. It doesn't make sense that March filers are getting approvals. I am happy for them but it makes me wonder how this system works. Knowing that people before me especially some January filers that are still waiting makes me think how this process is unfair. We are all helpless with this process and all we can do is wait. My fiancee always tells me that it's God's plan that we're still waiting. But I know that she is also worried that it's taking so long.

I pray that everyone (including me and my fiancee) will have patience and calm with this journey. 

Day 110 and feeling :unsure:

Ive said this too, it just really confuses me the way they seem to work, i suspect my papers are on someones desk catching dust at the moment. 

Lets hope we get some good new this week, we definitely deserve it!

I-129F Sent: 21/02/2017                                                                                                                                                 Marriage: 12/01/2018

I-129F Received Date: 23/02/2017                                                                                                                               AOS/EAD/AP Sent :

I-129F NOA1: 28/02/2017

RFE: 12/07/2017

RFE Hard Copy Received: 17/07/2017

RFE Response Sent Back: 18/07/2017

RFE Received By USCIS: 21/07/2017

I-129F NOA2: 18/08/2017 (176 Days)

NVC Received: 31/08/2017 (13 Days)

NVC Left: 06/09/2017 (6 Days)

Consulate Received: 08/09/2017

Letter from embassy (Packet 3): 11/09/2017
Medical at Knightsbridge: 28/09/2017

Interview: 10/10/2017 APPROVED!!!!

1 hour ago, Missabc said:

I REALLY hate to see this. I felt exactly the same way. I had even joined the March group and was seeing them get approved even though I had started out in the January group. Then each time I opened informed delivery and saw no mail, it just chipped away at my hope, even though logically, I knew I would most likely be approved. It's a special kind of torture to keep loved ones apart from each other in limbo. Please hang in there and don't lose hope because it's worth it.

My guess is they are simply waiting on something simple like a background check. Have you tried sending a letter to your congressman? I did so and was approved 7 days after USCIS responded to them. I can't prove that that helped speed things along, but maybe it did.

I'm here cheering for you!

Edited by TriloByte

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

2 hours ago, charlesisjan said:

Today was the worst day at work. I had no motivation at all due to it being the 132nd day. 

After work, I sluggishly came home, checked the mail and lo and behold! We got the NOA2!

NOA1 Receive date Feb 1, 2017.
NOA2 Received June 13, 2017, approved June 5, 2017. No updates on the tracker.

What a way to play with my emotions! Thank you all for the support! Hope everyone else who hasn't gotten their NOA2's yet receives theirs soon!

Congrats!!!!! You were a day before me so I KNOW what you were going through. 130+ days is serious PAIN. 

Going through the K1 process? Yes? My prediction (which is backed up by Mr. T). 

mr-t-fool-prediction-pain.jpg

But we are here for each other!!!!

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

3 hours ago, Christine said:

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, my fellow bunny!  :D

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

hello there:) we called yesterday NVC and got our case number, it was assigned on June 7th, our NOA2 was approved on May 19th. When we got our NOA2, me and my fiance have decided that we are going to wait at least 3 week before even trying to call NVC to check on our status! so yesterday was our First call to them and after waiting for 20 min they answered,gave us all the details about our case and told us that our case will leave soon to the embassy. so my advice for everybody who received their NOA2, wait a little bit before calling them, don't stress over it, don't expect that they will get it faster, things will go how they will go. we are first time in this situation dealing with this process, they are doing it forever, just trust the process and be patient. :) 

13/02/2017    I 129F mailed to Lockbox ,TX 

15/02/2017    I 129F delivered at Lockbox,TX

16/02/2017    NOA1 received date 

19/05/2017    NOA2 notice date

06/07/2017 NVC received our case, assigned case Num

14 minutes ago, TriloByte said:

I REALLY hate to see this. I felt exactly the same way. I had even joined the March group and was seeing them get approved even though I had started out in the January group. Then each time I opened informed delivery and saw no mail, it just chipped away at my hope, even though logically, I knew I would most likely be approved. It's a special kind of torture to keep loved ones apart from each other in limbo. Please hang in there and don't lose hope because it's worth it.

My guess is they are simply waiting on something simple like a background check. Have you tried sending a letter to your congressman? I did so and was approved 7 days after USCIS responded to them. I can't prove that that helped speed things along, but maybe it did.

I'm here cheering for you!

Thank you for your kind words

I can tell you this for free, USCIS really do know how to test peoples patience. It's cruel but i know this will be a small blimp in our lives and it will be worth it to spend the rest of my life with my best friend. 

I'll be back to feeling positive again tomorrow, my emotions are just like a roller coaster at the moment as I'm sure everyone here can relate lol

I-129F Sent: 21/02/2017                                                                                                                                                 Marriage: 12/01/2018

I-129F Received Date: 23/02/2017                                                                                                                               AOS/EAD/AP Sent :

I-129F NOA1: 28/02/2017

RFE: 12/07/2017

RFE Hard Copy Received: 17/07/2017

RFE Response Sent Back: 18/07/2017

RFE Received By USCIS: 21/07/2017

I-129F NOA2: 18/08/2017 (176 Days)

NVC Received: 31/08/2017 (13 Days)

NVC Left: 06/09/2017 (6 Days)

Consulate Received: 08/09/2017

Letter from embassy (Packet 3): 11/09/2017
Medical at Knightsbridge: 28/09/2017

Interview: 10/10/2017 APPROVED!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Vince-Rina said:

I have a question for anyone at the NVC/Embassy phase.  Case says ready and she can setup an appointment once she pays.  Thing is I havent' gotten a letter from NVC yet.  She was told she could just capture a pic of the Ready notice from NVC and use that in place of the letter (which I am wondering if it will come).   Anyone have any experience with this?  Thanks in advance. 

My fiancee told me the same thing.  If you are talking about SLEC, then you could try calling and asking them. Another member's fiancee is going to SLEC today and I am awaiting to her about her experience. If you find anything out, direct msg me and I'll do the same for you.

Timeline
1 minute ago, ChisolmTrail said:

My fiancee told me the same thing.  If you are talking about SLEC, then you could try calling and asking them. Another member's fiancee is going to SLEC today and I am awaiting to her about her experience. If you find anything out, direct msg me and I'll do the same for you.

Thank you.  Good luck

Timeline
2 hours ago, charlesisjan said:

Today was the worst day at work. I had no motivation at all due to it being the 132nd day. 

After work, I sluggishly came home, checked the mail and lo and behold! We got the NOA2!

NOA1 Receive date Feb 1, 2017.
NOA2 Received June 13, 2017, approved June 5, 2017. No updates on the tracker.

What a way to play with my emotions! Thank you all for the support! Hope everyone else who hasn't gotten their NOA2's yet receives theirs soon!

Now on to NVC. I would start calling on June 18th.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.