5,920 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, janet3 said:

Yes. About 3 weeks ago....I received the standard "working on December 15 cases"

Yeah! I saw that on their website. still working on Dec. 2016 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
Just now, TexasHeartsIndia said:

Yes, same NOA1 date exactly. The wait is getting to me...

Me too....

But TriloByte getting the NOA2 today is encouraging....there's hope.....maybe in the next week or two we will get ours. I have thought about calling the USCIS again....have you tried yet?

Timeline
1 minute ago, janet3 said:

Me too....

But TriloByte getting the NOA2 today is encouraging....there's hope.....maybe in the next week or two we will get ours. I have thought about calling the USCIS again....have you tried yet?

Not yet. Yes, anytime soon we will have our N02. praying for that. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
12 minutes ago, janet3 said:

Me too....

It was encouraging to me, too. Plus all the other NOA2s received today. No, I haven't called... mostly because I don't know if I can maintain my calm and cool in the face of, "It's within the normal processing time" bull$hit speech.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, cherryblossoms916 said:

Yeah! I saw that on their website. still working on Dec. 2016 

I would simply ignore what you are told when you call. As long as there is one case open in December, they are likely to say that.  Based on my observation, most petitions are adjudicated between 95 and 120 days.  Ours was 96.  There is really no answer as to what process is followed and why some petitions get worked quicker than others, or why some get processed before others.  Online tracking and status is unfortunately worth very little.  I went with the expectation it would like take 4 to 5 months to get my NOA2; any sooner would be a blessing.  To expect sooner is rolling the dice.  

The waiting is definitely stressful, but use this time to gather documents for the next step, think about what can be done to make the transition easier once your fiancee comes to the US. Do anything you can NOT to think about the process each day. I know, easier said than done, but as they say, "it is what it is."  Before you know it you will have your NOA2 and will begin wondering what is taking NVC so long to get you case to the USEM.  

50 minutes ago, cherryblossoms916 said:

Is there anyone here still waiting for their NO2 for 120 days or more? your reply will be much appreciated. :rolleyes:

Yes, we are on day 123. This wait is really getting on my nerves. On another note...Talked to a not so happy person at the uscis today and she assured me the case tracker was not broken 😂 I thought that was funny. 

02/08/17    I-129F Mailed to Lewisville, TX
02/10/17    i-129F Received Date

02/14/17    NOA1 Date on Hard Copy Notice
02/15/17    NOA1 Text and E-mail. Case sent to CSC

02/15/17    Check deposited

02/22/17    NOA1 Hard Copy Received

Timeline
10 minutes ago, ChisolmTrail said:

I would simply ignore what you are told when you call. As long as there is one case open in December, they are likely to say that.  Based on my observation, most petitions are adjudicated between 95 and 120 days.  Ours was 96.  There is really no answer as to what process is followed and why some petitions get worked quicker than others, or why some get processed before others.  Online tracking and status is unfortunately worth very little.  I went with the expectation it would like take 4 to 5 months to get my NOA2; any sooner would be a blessing.  To expect sooner is rolling the dice.  

The waiting is definitely stressful, but use this time to gather documents for the next step, think about what can be done to make the transition easier once your fiancee comes to the US. Do anything you can NOT to think about the process each day. I know, easier said than done, but as they say, "it is what it is."  Before you know it you will have your NOA2 and will begin wondering what is taking NVC so long to get you case to the USEM.  

Thank you ChisoimTrail! Good luck on your journey. Congrats on your NO2!

Timeline
10 minutes ago, tevans2 said:

Yes, we are on day 123. This wait is really getting on my nerves. On another note...Talked to a not so happy person at the uscis today and she assured me the case tracker was not broken 😂 I thought that was funny. 

We have almost the same. Ours is Feb.15

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
1 hour ago, cherryblossoms916 said:

Is there anyone here still waiting for their NO2 for 120 days or more? your reply will be much appreciated. :rolleyes:

We are on 147 days of waiting now. Receive date on January 17th and still haven't heard anything yet.

34 minutes ago, tevans2 said:

If one person told them it's broken and they denied it, that is understandable, but we all know how many of us have repeatedly told them it's broken. I guess it might be true that it's not "broken" if they simply stopped updating it. Sure, it's not technically broken, but from our perspective, yes it is. My theory is they just have stopped updating it to "save time", but when hundreds of people call per day asking for an update, how much time are they saving?

Edited by TriloByte

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Timeline
6 minutes ago, JloveN said:

We are on 147 days of waiting now. Receive date on January 17th and still haven't heard anything yet.

Have you tried a congressional inquiry?

7 minutes ago, L&y said:

Hey guys, im having doubts about a question in the ds160. Its asking for marital status so if my fiance never been married what should be his status or should i select other?

What are the options? 

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

19 minutes ago, L&y said:

Married, common law marriage,single,  legally separated, divorced, widowed, civil union/ domestic partner or other

I would guess "other", but I am really not sure. 

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.