5,920 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Just now, TriloByte said:

It's obviously rigged, but it's what we have to work with. 

But we can also use that in calling them. Letting them know that their system, the only oen we have to go off of, hasn't been updated in 2.5 months. That means they are well beyond December 15th and should start using the next date they pull out of thin air. 

6 minutes ago, tab4768 said:

But we can also use that in calling them. Letting them know that their system, the only oen we have to go off of, hasn't been updated in 2.5 months. That means they are well beyond December 15th and should start using the next date they pull out of thin air. 

Nail on the head!!! That date does seem to come out of thin air! It's their excuse to keep us all waiting while the fiddle f around. 

(once again, USCIS, if you are reading, prove me wrong, start approving in order and in a timely fashion, else suck it up :)

Edited by TriloByte

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

42 minutes ago, tab4768 said:

What's incredibly annoying, is that they have been saying they are working on December 15th for over a month now. And on that link you send, it says this is accurate as of March 31st. IT'S JUNE 10th USCIS, So as on March 31st, (for 10 damn weeks) you have been processing ONE DAY. GTFOH!!!! 

Sorry it's in Spanish, but that is the configuration of my computer and this page won't change to english for me....

"Tiempos de Procesamiento de la Oficina de California Service Center al 31 de marzo de 2017" 

There's also another date at the very bottom right of the page, so I am not sure which date represents when all the other dates updated.

BTW, this USCIS page we are talking about is one of the first pages I looked at when I started the process. I kind of knew it was a joke when I called Tier 1 months ago and got a bunch of useless dribble about what it meant over the phone. So I went back to the page and read the part that says "How To Use the Chart. The chart below shows most forms processed at our Service Centers." ... And then I thought I had a stroke or something and missed the next part about how to use the Chart. There is nothing about how to use it! LOL. That's it!

FFS, I will be glad when this is over. I have had quite enough of the US Government's nonsense.

Edited by TriloByte

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

People here might find this useful. It a historical view of the USCIS processing times page (snapshots in time).

http://www.aila.org/infonet/processing-time-reports/csc

Edited by TriloByte

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Denesse said:

So this whole processing is making us so stress out ! Our case has been active for 109 days today.. I don't really understand what's making it delay or long.. They said it's case to case basis but our case Isn't that even complicated, We are both single and never been married and he is in the military.. Does anyone who have noa1 on the 22nd of february have their noa2 already??  Thank you for your answers.

We are in a similar situation... no previous marriages, no children, pretty straightforward case. There are petitions approved just a few after my case # and a few RFEs right before mine. Yet here I am... waiting...

2 hours ago, Denesse said:

So this whole processing is making us so stress out ! Our case has been active for 109 days today.. I don't really understand what's making it delay or long.. They said it's case to case basis but our case Isn't that even complicated, We are both single and never been married and he is in the military.. Does anyone who have noa1 on the 22nd of february have their noa2 already??  Thank you for your answers.

We're in a similar situation...no previous marriages, no kids and my fiance's in the military...have u tried the expedite processing via military helpline?

14 minutes ago, Santo1 said:

So it is official...I-129F received Feb 6, received NOA1 Feb 10 and now I received the NOA2 approval today June 10...123 days wait total.  I will be researching the information on the next steps I need to take thanks to this site.  I think I need to wait until the NVC assigns me a number before completing the online D60 or whatever it's called.  To all of you that haven't received the NOA2 yet I sincerely hope you get your immediately.  I guess this means that I am approximately 3/5 through the process time wise.  

Congrats!!! I've been waiting for you to get approved! Good job on the waiting. I remember you saying that she's living in a not so good area or something (my memory is not all that good though sometimes), so this is very good news.

Edited by TriloByte

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

IN Transit via NVC.....crossing my fingers for no delay.....wishing all good speed and luck.  And my fellow K1er's waiting for NOA2, always hoping for quick resolution.   I won't say be patient, because I was a madman myself at 107 days +  3 for the mail to come.  But stay busy and stay positive. And as hard and nearly impossible as the task seems at times, it is definitely worth it, tho is the hardest labor of love I have known so far.  Keep moving forward! And thanks for sharing your experiences, it has helped me as well.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
6 hours ago, Denesse said:

Hi, I am February 22 . Received hard copy on the 22nd of February, on May 30 got RFE, received on May 6 hard copy letter, sent overnight mail, UCSIC received on May 7th.( they lost my photo, I am petitioner. I know for sure I sent 2 photos) Hopefully will get NOA 2 in two weeks. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, TriloByte said:

I have read that several people have experienced calling Tier 2, being nice to Tier 2 and then getting approved on the same day they called. When I think about this it can mean only two things. 1) It was a coincidence, and they were already approved on the very same day they called or 2) the Tier 2 person actually has control over the approval of our cases. It stands to reason that if they have control over the approval, they might also have control over moving our petitions to the bottom of the stack. This is why when I saw people mentioning it, it pissed me off. A Tier 2 person should not have that kind of control PERIOD. Yes, it's nice for those who got approved, and I am extremely happy they got approved, but the idea that a person on a call has control over our files and actually takes an action on our case based on what vibe they get from us over the phone, etc, is a bit disturbing. I suggest that when calling Tier 2, you be very very careful and nice, else it is a real possibility that you might actually delay your case for months. 

I think you are reading too much into a coincidence.

11 minutes ago, Angel&Eric said:

I think you are reading too much into a coincidence.

I actually don't think anything definitely. Anyone who has dealt with USCIS for not much more than a few minutes knows they are unpredictable. :) 

Edited by TriloByte

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

Ok guys here is another question hoping you guys can help us out with this, on the DS-160 form when it asks for "Application Receipt/Petition Number" do i put the USCIS Receipt number or the Case number i got from NVC????????

7 hours ago, TriloByte said:

Congrats!!! I've been waiting for you to get approved! Good job on the waiting. I remember you saying that she's living in a not so good area or something (my memory is not all that good though sometimes), so this is very good news.

Thanks Trilobyte and yes, the situation is typical 3rd world bullshit like a no electricity for most of the day, no running water in some parts (her house has no running water).  They call it a water crisis but it rained there so much this year I don't see how they can be lacking water, flooding was constant.  Then there is the electricity crisis, I don't know why the Government doesn't harness their best natural resource, the sun, and set up solar panels everywhere.  It just all boils down to corruption and when the government turns the power off for too long of a period the people revolt in the poor areas and riot in the streets.  I still remember the night my Fiance texted me at 1am saying how she was having difficulty breathing from the tear gas the police were using outside her house.  She was very scared with all the gunfire as the officials were fighting with people in the streets.  There is constant sickness, inadequate health and medical care as I've witnessed first hand the doctors don't know what the hell they are doing.  Malnutrition is alive an well as over 30% of the women there are anemic, my Fiance being one of them.  Don't even get me started amount gainful employment, it simply doesn't exist unless you were born into middle class or a family with money which my fiancee is the furthest from.  My faith in God has been put to the test and it's still not over.  I love her very much and she is crazy about me and can't go more than a few hours without communicating, I wake up every day and fight to have her here with me.  I really appreciate all the correspondence from you here, you've been a great help to everyone on this forum especially to myself.  God Bless my friend and please let me know when you get your NOA2.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.