5,920 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
9 hours ago, goldenboi said:

106 days since received date and still nothing. I called uscis and was able to speak to a tier 2 agent. He said so far my application has no problems (not lost or whatever) and to just wait for 1.5months- 2 months. Seriously this is depressing. :(

Be strong. We heard this same answer. 5 days later, NOA2 was in the mailbox! Just pray'

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We received our case number from NVC yesterday.  NOA2 5/24, received it in the mail on 5/30. Called NVC about case on 6/6; they indicated they had not received it. I call last night 6/8 around 9:30 pm EST and NVC told me it was received that day and they had the case number to give me. 

Here are our stats:  NOA1 to NOA2 96 days.  From NOA2 to NVC and case number 15 days.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

So it's day I-don't-even-want-to-count... I had a mini-meltdown today. The anxiety of not knowing what the hell is going on really got to me. I like plans and organization and all that good stuff. I guess this is just the Good Lord reminding me that I'm not in charge and it will all happen in His good time.

@TriloByte I'm about a week behind you in terms of NOA1... I feel like we're on the same level of frustration. We're in this waiting game together ;)

Timeline
19 minutes ago, ChisolmTrail said:

We received our case number from NVC yesterday.  NOA2 5/24, received it in the mail on 5/30. Called NVC about case on 6/6; they indicated they had not received it. I call last night 6/8 around 9:30 pm EST and NVC told me it was received that day and they had the case number to give me. 

Here are our stats:  NOA1 to NOA2 96 days.  From NOA2 to NVC and case number 15 days.

15 dats! 😎 Incredible 

1 hour ago, TriloByte said:

He just ran into a low life. That's all. Don't let it phase you. Everything will be OK. You saw that 98% of all cases get approved by USCIS right?

That's what I told my fiance, we were just very unlucky to get through to 2 very unhelpful agents. 

Do you think maybe trying again in a week or so and calling in the morning  (maybe they'd be be more willing to help if we're one the first people to call in of the day *optimistic*)  in hope we get a better agent on the phone, or are we just going to annoy them lol 

I-129F Sent: 21/02/2017                                                                                                                                                 Marriage: 12/01/2018

I-129F Received Date: 23/02/2017                                                                                                                               AOS/EAD/AP Sent :

I-129F NOA1: 28/02/2017

RFE: 12/07/2017

RFE Hard Copy Received: 17/07/2017

RFE Response Sent Back: 18/07/2017

RFE Received By USCIS: 21/07/2017

I-129F NOA2: 18/08/2017 (176 Days)

NVC Received: 31/08/2017 (13 Days)

NVC Left: 06/09/2017 (6 Days)

Consulate Received: 08/09/2017

Letter from embassy (Packet 3): 11/09/2017
Medical at Knightsbridge: 28/09/2017

Interview: 10/10/2017 APPROVED!!!!

Timeline

As one who was fortunate to get our NOA2, I wish there were magical words to share with those still waiting. There is no magic. We all have experienced difficult times in our past. As time goes by, the pain becomes a distant memory. 

The painful experience today makes for funny stories years from now. May GOD, Bless you all. We enjoy seeing everyone finally cross that finish line. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
3 hours ago, prish17 said:

I FINALLLLLLY got my NOA2!!! 

It was approved Monday! 

I'm rooting for you @TriloByte!!! 

Congratulation!!!!!!!! Yay, it is another happy couple.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I can feel how stressful everyone who are still waiting for your NOA2 here, I did feel the same feeling. I feel we were very difficult to reach and get response from tier 2 officer, I suggest everyone who are still waiting for the letter to try to get an appointment on https://my.uscis.gov ,my friend told me you could get the same information as tier 2 from infopass. Why not to try while waiting for the letter,if your letter comes sooner than your schedule appointment,you can cancel it.

hope it helps

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline

No mail. No news. No hopes. Only disappointment. My fiance was going to call today but he didn't get off early  so he's going to try on Monday. I'm just frustrated and depressed because of this whole process. 😞😞 I don't know what to do anymore. All my positivity has been drained by this process. My fiance is very patient than me but now he is also getting anxious. 

And someone had asked of the ages, I'm 29 and my fiance is 27. 

Edited by D&J

K1 Visa

Service Center :California Service Center

Consulate :                      Sri Lanka

I-129F Sent :                     2017-02-07

I-129F NOA1 :                   2017-02-14

I-129F NOA2 :                   2017-06-02

NVC Received :                2017-06-16

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned :2017-06-20

NVC Left :                         2017-06-24

Consulate Received :      2017-07-07

Packet 4 Received :         2017-07-24

Interview Date :                2017-08-03  

Interview Result :

Marriage :                          2017-09-23
Estimates/Stats :Your I-129f was approved in 108 days from your NOA1 date. 
Your interview took 170 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

Good Evening guys, i just got off the phone with NVC and they received our case today and also got our NVC Case number!!!!!

The agent said that next week hopefully my case will be on its way to Panama to the American Embassy.

Noa 1 - Feb 17th

Noa 2 - May 24th

NVC - Received - June 9th

4 hours ago, Bonnified800 said:

I'm so tired of dealing with jL Turney concerning my k1 visa I filed in September  2016   still concerned about my k1visa i noticed I hadn't received a receipt from uscis and when it arrived via email it was filed  in March  can someone please tell me what's going on .

They are not very organized over at the center that does the processing it seems. You may want to have the petitioner schedule an appointment to discuss this with them in person. That's what I would do if I had waited 10 months. There's a place on the USCIS website that helps you with this.

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.