5,920 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, SugarLai said:

Hello friends! Just want to say we got APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

such a long wait! Total 126 days! My fiancé just checked email which he subscribed USPS notification,he saw the email and was very excited to call me!! He ran to check the mailbox and found out our NOA2! We were really excited and happy!! We just scheduled an appointment to infopass on June 22. now we can just cancel it😄

We have been calling CSC for 4 to 5 times in this week and just received the same answer,we were really disappointed but now we are really thankful for each other! 

thank you everyone here too!!

NOA1: Feb.8

NOA2: Jun.5

Congrats!! Good job dealing with that long wait.

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline
5 hours ago, RaptureSongbird said:

I hope your noa2 shows up on your birthday, that would be a great gift!

I think I might have the biggest age difference of the Feb group, I am 38 and he's 23  :)

Lol I got you beat...we're both March born, I just turned 40....soon after....he turned 20....he told me he was 23 when we met on smule.😂

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
14 minutes ago, TriloByte said:

Congrats!! Good job dealing with that long wait.

Thank you! I believe yours will be soon too! we are actually in the same period. Good luck^^

Just called the USCIS and they just gave us the bullshit "Just check the website", "You're within normal processing" etc.. and refused to transfer to a Tier 2 officer.

This is getting ridiculous :-/ Glad to hear some of you are getting approved, wish we'd have some movement on our case though...

5 minutes ago, Me and her said:

Day 120 :unsure: still waiting 

It really sucks when a sea current (USCIS) sweeps the hippocampus away from each other.

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Timeline
1 hour ago, goldenboi said:

106 days since received date and still nothing. I called uscis and was able to speak to a tier 2 agent. He said so far my application has no problems (not lost or whatever) and to just wait for 1.5months- 2 months. Seriously this is depressing. :(

Don't get too depressed. I think you are in good shape. I don't think it will be that long..... they are just saying that. 

Also, they probably think it looks good on them when they tell you to wait for 2 months and then the approval shows up in the mail next week. They might be thinking we'll think they are a rock star for making it happen sooner. 

Or maybe they want to maintain some element of surprise.

I will be looking out for your post in the next week or two telling us you got your approval :-)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

Also another silent petitioner! So I checked the Case a Tracker app and it said that Request for additional evidence was mailed yesterday June 7, 2017.

My received date was February 27, 2017 and Noa1 March 03, 2017. 

I am freaking out because I was hoping they'd approved it by now. I had his child April 11, 2017 and we really need him to be with us. This is hard but I'm glad they at least touched our case. Anyone with experience with RFE? What should I expect? We weren't really into social media so we don't have enough evidence to back us up. He's never really been a phone owner either! But I've known him for quite some time. I sent photos and all of my UltraSounds! Do we need like a paternity test or something? haha I mean how else can we prove we are serious here? 😂

By by the way, thank you all for sharing. You all have kept me sane!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
14 hours ago, janet3 said:

Well.....in my opinion....anyone going through this  crazy process is young.....so 40  (him) and 45  (me) ^_^

not everyone... I am 52

I just had a thought...

We've not had our NOA2 yet, I'm really hoping it's just a case of the approval letter having gotten lost in the mail or something.

Do you guys think it might be worth calling NVC to check if they've received our application yet? And if so, any tips?

5 hours ago, JulzGhen said:

We are now close to noa2 and my fiancee just found out she has problems with her birth certificate.  Has no registration number, so she has to go to court to get one.  That is going to cost $900, an unexpected payment.  Does anyone know a good and cheap lawyer in the Philippines?

I feel for you...  I started gathering birth certificates for my fiancee and her children last year to make sure I had everything all ready for this process before I began it.  She lives in the Dominican Republic and never had declared the births, think it had something to do with costing like $10 each declaration.  She actually found a lawyer nearby and just walked into his office, I won't go into too much detail but you can imagine what he had to do in order to turn a 1 year long process of getting the genuine birth certificates into only 2 months.  I ended up paying him $260 for the entire thing.  It turns out that the lawyer who helped us is also a pastor of the church.  I still stay in contact with him just in case but I thank God my fiance found him so easily. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.