5,920 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline
11 hours ago, mkm1993 said:

For anyone that has a received date of feb 21 the app is saying that there were about 2 or 3 RFE sent out today. The case right below mine had a RFE sent out today. 

I haven't seen much around mine...my number ends in 220574....le sigh....I keep hoping and praying I get my approval soon....

4 hours ago, JamericanLuv2015 said:

I am typically a stalker of the posts in this topic. Finding some giggles and some serious support just by reading others experiences in this modern day legal torture. My fiance and I agreed to not discuss our petition until atleast Day 87 to help lessen the stress each day. Day 60, he started to assemble Packet 3 so we could move quickly once approved. Sigh.... Day 87 came and went. Day 95, I got anxiety. Day 96, I needed some rum and juice. Day 97, I needed rum straight up. And so on. Today, our two year anniversary, I woke up with this "feeling" and i told everyone at work that something was up and I needed to call USCIS to check on my status. 

At 12:05pm I called USCIS and spoke with a young lady who was very kind. She did not really even question me when I asked for a transfer to tier2. She kindly transferred me and continued with the callback prompt. (128 minutes later) My phone rings, a young man with a soft gentle voice say hello and says my information did not transfer and asked for my receipt number. I provided in my sweet voice and explained that I am concerned that I might miss my NoA2 because my mail has been disappearing. He kindly placed me on hold for two minutes. Came back and said....

"Ma'am, I am happy to inform you that the petition for your fiance was approved yesterday and the notice was sent the same day." I thanked him 100 times and he giggled. He said "I am one of the good guys. I love giving good news like this to couples who want nothing more than their loved ones closer." He wished us luck and hung up. Still hours later, i am a bit shocked. 

This is NOT an easy process by any means. Every day I was so happy to see the approvals but as each day went creeping past 87, I grew bitter and a bit jaded. My heart breaks for those still waiting past Day 100 and more. With all the money for each petition sent, they would provide a better structured routine for approvals. Atleast fix the damn tracker! 

Received Date- 2/28

NOA1- 3/6

NOA2- 6/7 (Happy Anniversary To Us!!)

(Fyi- Tracker still shows "Received")

Much love and mad respect to all you amazing couples. Hang in there! 

Congratulations! We received our NOA2 on our anniversary too! 

4 hours ago, Alya and Joe said:

im 38) (10 of june will be 39) and he is 51. and we feel very young) i hope to get noa2 to my birthday, so tomorrow we shall see if uscis is going to make me this present)

I hope your noa2 shows up on your birthday, that would be a great gift!

I think I might have the biggest age difference of the Feb group, I am 38 and he's 23  :)

K1 Condensed Timeline:

02/27/17 - I-129F sent; 03/10/17 - NOA1 hard copy received; 06/15/17 - NOA2 hard copy received; 07/16/17 - NVC processing completed; 08/24/17 - Interview (Approved); 09/04/17 - Visa in Hand; 10/26/17 - POE; 12/20/17 - Marriage

AOS Condensed Timeline:

02/06/18 - I-485 sent; 02/20/18 - NOA1 hard copy received; 03/09/18 - Biometrics Completed; 04/21/18 - Interview Appointment Letter Received; 05/14/18 - Interview; 06/08/18 - Approved/Card in Production; 06/16/18 - GC Received

RoC Condensed Timeline:

3/10/20 - I-751 sent; 3/20/20 - NOA received - LIN; 3/10/21 - Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Reused; 4/05/21 - New Card is Being Produced

N400

03/25/21 - Application filed online; 01/15/22 - Interview Scheduled Notification;  02/22/22 - Interview; 02/22/22 - Interview Passed and Same Day Oath Ceremony.  DONE!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We are now close to noa2 and my fiancee just found out she has problems with her birth certificate.  Has no registration number, so she has to go to court to get one.  That is going to cost $900, an unexpected payment.  Does anyone know a good and cheap lawyer in the Philippines?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, RaptureSongbird said:

I think I might have the biggest age difference of the Feb group, I am 38 and he's 23  :)

Nope, my age gap is bigger, but I'm not saying lol. But she is 29 ;)

Filed: Timeline

106 days since received date and still nothing. I called uscis and was able to speak to a tier 2 agent. He said so far my application has no problems (not lost or whatever) and to just wait for 1.5months- 2 months. Seriously this is depressing. :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
12 hours ago, V&B said:

I think i might be the youngest one from the ones that have responded to this question so far lol, 

i am 21 and my fiance 22 😁

I'm turning 24 next month and my fiancé turns 21 tomorrow 

Timeline
10 hours ago, JamericanLuv2015 said:

I am typically a stalker of the posts in this topic. Finding some giggles and some serious support just by reading others experiences in this modern day legal torture. My fiance and I agreed to not discuss our petition until atleast Day 87 to help lessen the stress each day. Day 60, he started to assemble Packet 3 so we could move quickly once approved. Sigh.... Day 87 came and went. Day 95, I got anxiety. Day 96, I needed some rum and juice. Day 97, I needed rum straight up. And so on. Today, our two year anniversary, I woke up with this "feeling" and i told everyone at work that something was up and I needed to call USCIS to check on my status. 

At 12:05pm I called USCIS and spoke with a young lady who was very kind. She did not really even question me when I asked for a transfer to tier2. She kindly transferred me and continued with the callback prompt. (128 minutes later) My phone rings, a young man with a soft gentle voice say hello and says my information did not transfer and asked for my receipt number. I provided in my sweet voice and explained that I am concerned that I might miss my NoA2 because my mail has been disappearing. He kindly placed me on hold for two minutes. Came back and said....

"Ma'am, I am happy to inform you that the petition for your fiance was approved yesterday and the notice was sent the same day." I thanked him 100 times and he giggled. He said "I am one of the good guys. I love giving good news like this to couples who want nothing more than their loved ones closer." He wished us luck and hung up. Still hours later, i am a bit shocked. 

This is NOT an easy process by any means. Every day I was so happy to see the approvals but as each day went creeping past 87, I grew bitter and a bit jaded. My heart breaks for those still waiting past Day 100 and more. With all the money for each petition sent, they would provide a better structured routine for approvals. Atleast fix the damn tracker! 

Received Date- 2/28

NOA1- 3/6

NOA2- 6/7 (Happy Anniversary To Us!!)

(Fyi- Tracker still shows "Received")

Much love and mad respect to all you amazing couples. Hang in there! 

I'm received date of 21... I called T2 yesterday and got told that my case still has not been assigned to an ajuster or whatever even though the case right below mine on the scanner and other far below mine received updates of RFE's yesterday on the app... it had updated as of yesterday morning. Idk if he even had the power to look and see if my case was assigned to anyone but he said that it could take 4 more months? #######? That would be over 7 months. I don't think these idiots even know what they are doing to much and he was also a little rude too and sounded  inconvenienced that I had even called. He needs to take the advice of the old country song "take this job and shove it" 😂😂

Timeline
11 minutes ago, goldenboi said:

106 days since received date and still nothing. I called uscis and was able to speak to a tier 2 agent. He said so far my application has no problems (not lost or whatever) and to just wait for 1.5months- 2 months. Seriously this is depressing. :(

Yeah the dumbass T2 I talked to said the same thing. They are worthless 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
4 hours ago, RaptureSongbird said:

my fiance just called USCIS and they told we got REF from 6 of june, but they did not send it yet by mail....in data its still case recieved. now we are waiting for ref..curious what it can be? well, in any way any information (even about ref) is better than nothing)we are positive) at least we now know they touched our case)

I-129F Sent :                 2017-02-16

I-129F NOA1 :               2017-02-22

I-129F RFE(s) :              2017-06-15

RFE Reply(s) :               2017-06-20

APPROVED :                  2017-07-07  (135 days)

NOA2 hard copy:           2017-07-13

NVC received:                2017-07-19 (12 days)

NVC case # received:    2017-07-19

Left NVC:                    2017-07-22

Consulate received:    2017-07-24

Interview date:              2017-08-31 APPROVED

Visa in hands:                2017-09-23

US entry:                         2017-09-30

Wedding:                        2017-10-21 Las Vegas!

25 minutes ago, Alya and Joe said:

my fiance just called USCIS and they told we got REF from 6 of june, but they did not send it yet by mail....in data its still case recieved. now we are waiting for ref..curious what it can be? well, in any way any information (even about ref) is better than nothing)we are positive) at least we now know they touched our case)

Glad you got some movement, but I do wish it had been an approval :)

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.