5,920 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
12 hours ago, PrincyE said:

I am curious as to how many young couples are in this group beside me and my fiance we are 23 :) :ot:

Well.....in my opinion....anyone going through this  crazy process is young.....so 40  (him) and 45  (me) ^_^

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
12 hours ago, PrincyE said:

I am curious as to how many young couples are in this group beside me and my fiance we are 23 :) :ot:

I think i might be the youngest one from the ones that have responded to this question so far lol, 

i am 21 and my fiance 22 😁

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline
14 hours ago, mkm1993 said:

Surprisingly I've been super patient for this entire process because going into it I expected it to all take 9 months to a year... that was the mindset... my girlfriend was actually the one saying she'd be here during the summer time but I was positive she won't be... my guess is beginning to late fall possible early winter... so September-December. I am close to a couple whose grand daughter did this process and it took over 1 year to get the visa and then get married... start to finish which included her and him coming back to the United States... they were in Asia. I'm just hoping and praying that my case is not one that gets put on the back burner and I'm one of those ones like we are seeing in December... that would totally suck... also hope everything goes much faster after NVC and all that... and finally I hope our administration processing doesn't take 1 month once we finally do have the visa in hand.... I've heard of things like this happening... people waiting weeks to receive their actual visa once they were already approved after their interview. I've read all the horror stories I care to. Was not a patient person until this... waiting is good I guess... I get more mad than emotional or sad, just my personality. every day is a new day though lol!! Thanks for your input 😁😁

I definitely don't want to be in the back burner! That would be awful. But, with the way things are going, I feel like our case will take the 6 months route to be processed. :( Let's try to stay positive and strong. 

K1 Visa

Service Center :California Service Center

Consulate :                      Sri Lanka

I-129F Sent :                     2017-02-07

I-129F NOA1 :                   2017-02-14

I-129F NOA2 :                   2017-06-02

NVC Received :                2017-06-16

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned :2017-06-20

NVC Left :                         2017-06-24

Consulate Received :      2017-07-07

Packet 4 Received :         2017-07-24

Interview Date :                2017-08-03  

Interview Result :

Marriage :                          2017-09-23
Estimates/Stats :Your I-129f was approved in 108 days from your NOA1 date. 
Your interview took 170 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline
2 hours ago, TriloByte said:

Today was day 127. What's going to be the magic NOA2 number? 130, 140, 250?

Hope everyone moves forward with whatever stage they're on soon!

Day 115 here so I haven't been waiting as long as you, but I guess it's still painful to just sit and watch nothing happening. You know? And it feels like the approvals have been slowed down last couple of days or is it me? There were at least two three people who got their approvals each day last week. well, what can we do?! The government just works super slow. 

I hope my magic number is between 115-130. I will go mad pretty soon if I don't hear anything.  😩☹️ I work so much just to stay busy and keep my mind off of stressing over this waiting.  

K1 Visa

Service Center :California Service Center

Consulate :                      Sri Lanka

I-129F Sent :                     2017-02-07

I-129F NOA1 :                   2017-02-14

I-129F NOA2 :                   2017-06-02

NVC Received :                2017-06-16

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned :2017-06-20

NVC Left :                         2017-06-24

Consulate Received :      2017-07-07

Packet 4 Received :         2017-07-24

Interview Date :                2017-08-03  

Interview Result :

Marriage :                          2017-09-23
Estimates/Stats :Your I-129f was approved in 108 days from your NOA1 date. 
Your interview took 170 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Timeline
Just now, janet3 said:

But here is the problem....I've been waiting for 120+ for the NOA2.....4 months....and I am among friends here  (people waiting 130 days, 140 days, 200 days)   

So when someone says "be patient and wait"  we have a tendency to look up their history....and while I am completely happy for you, you have received your NOA2....in fact, I believe you received your NOA2 within 90 days.......so telling someone to "get a little patience"....and "not obsess".....well...is a little outside your experience...

And make no mistake....I'm a bit bitter over the whole experience...

7 minutes ago, D&J said:

Day 115 here so I haven't been waiting as long as you, but I guess it's still painful to just sit and watch nothing happening. You know? And it feels like the approvals have been slowed down last couple of days or is it me? There were at least two three people who got their approvals each day last week. well, what can we do?! The government just works super slow. 

I hope my magic number is between 115-130. I will go mad pretty soon if I don't hear anything.  😩☹️ I work so much just to stay busy and keep my mind off of stressing over this waiting.  

Yes, it's definitely maddening. I work 60 hours a week (17 hours straight on Monday), watch my kids, cook, exercise and a plethora of other things each day including spending online time with my Fiancee. For me, personally, it all helps some, but it just does not numb the sting of this wait and being apart from the love of my life. 

There's really nothing we can do but wait, and learn how dysfunctional the government is from first-hand experience.

Edited by TriloByte

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 hours ago, Julia&Andrei said:

My case info is accurate, I send my RFE on May 6, overnight, they received on May 7th at 11AM, and on the scan its updated as well. Now it is another waiting period.

Do you mean June???

please say you mean June!!

Well folks, time to watch some Columbo and fall asleep. Hopefully, for those of us still waiting on NOA2, we will wake up tomorrow, unwrap that Wonka bar, and find that golden wrapper. :D

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, WayneAdoresWendy said:

I am beginning to feel old on this forum. I am 50 and my Fiancé is 37. 😍

Oh honey....your only as old as you feel  (I'm 45....right behind ya) :)

You only live once.....if you do it right once is enough  (Mae West)

Timeline
24 minutes ago, JamericanLuv2015 said:

I am typically a stalker of the posts in this topic. Finding some giggles and some serious support just by reading others experiences in this modern day legal torture. My fiance and I agreed to not discuss our petition until atleast Day 87 to help lessen the stress each day. Day 60, he started to assemble Packet 3 so we could move quickly once approved. Sigh.... Day 87 came and went. Day 95, I got anxiety. Day 96, I needed some rum and juice. Day 97, I needed rum straight up. And so on. Today, our two year anniversary, I woke up with this "feeling" and i told everyone at work that something was up and I needed to call USCIS to check on my status. 

At 12:05pm I called USCIS and spoke with a young lady who was very kind. She did not really even question me when I asked for a transfer to tier2. She kindly transferred me and continued with the callback prompt. (128 minutes later) My phone rings, a young man with a soft gentle voice say hello and says my information did not transfer and asked for my receipt number. I provided in my sweet voice and explained that I am concerned that I might miss my NoA2 because my mail has been disappearing. He kindly placed me on hold for two minutes. Came back and said....

"Ma'am, I am happy to inform you that the petition for your fiance was approved yesterday and the notice was sent the same day." I thanked him 100 times and he giggled. He said "I am one of the good guys. I love giving good news like this to couples who want nothing more than their loved ones closer." He wished us luck and hung up. Still hours later, i am a bit shocked. 

This is NOT an easy process by any means. Every day I was so happy to see the approvals but as each day went creeping past 87, I grew bitter and a bit jaded. My heart breaks for those still waiting past Day 100 and more. With all the money for each petition sent, they would provide a better structured routine for approvals. Atleast fix the damn tracker! 

Received Date- 2/28

NOA1- 3/6

NOA2- 6/7 (Happy Anniversary To Us!!)

(Fyi- Tracker still shows "Received")

Much love and mad respect to all you amazing couples. Hang in there! 

Congrats!! 

1 hour ago, JamericanLuv2015 said:

I am typically a stalker of the posts in this topic. Finding some giggles and some serious support just by reading others experiences in this modern day legal torture. My fiance and I agreed to not discuss our petition until atleast Day 87 to help lessen the stress each day. Day 60, he started to assemble Packet 3 so we could move quickly once approved. Sigh.... Day 87 came and went. Day 95, I got anxiety. Day 96, I needed some rum and juice. Day 97, I needed rum straight up. And so on. Today, our two year anniversary, I woke up with this "feeling" and i told everyone at work that something was up and I needed to call USCIS to check on my status. 

At 12:05pm I called USCIS and spoke with a young lady who was very kind. She did not really even question me when I asked for a transfer to tier2. She kindly transferred me and continued with the callback prompt. (128 minutes later) My phone rings, a young man with a soft gentle voice say hello and says my information did not transfer and asked for my receipt number. I provided in my sweet voice and explained that I am concerned that I might miss my NoA2 because my mail has been disappearing. He kindly placed me on hold for two minutes. Came back and said....

"Ma'am, I am happy to inform you that the petition for your fiance was approved yesterday and the notice was sent the same day." I thanked him 100 times and he giggled. He said "I am one of the good guys. I love giving good news like this to couples who want nothing more than their loved ones closer." He wished us luck and hung up. Still hours later, i am a bit shocked. 

This is NOT an easy process by any means. Every day I was so happy to see the approvals but as each day went creeping past 87, I grew bitter and a bit jaded. My heart breaks for those still waiting past Day 100 and more. With all the money for each petition sent, they would provide a better structured routine for approvals. Atleast fix the damn tracker! 

Received Date- 2/28

NOA1- 3/6

NOA2- 6/7 (Happy Anniversary To Us!!)

(Fyi- Tracker still shows "Received")

Much love and mad respect to all you amazing couples. Hang in there! 

Congrats on the quick NOA2!

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
3 hours ago, WayneAdoresWendy said:

I am beginning to feel old on this forum. I am 50 and my Fiancé is 37. 😍

im 38) (10 of june will be 39) and he is 51. and we feel very young) i hope to get noa2 to my birthday, so tomorrow we shall see if uscis is going to make me this present)

I-129F Sent :                 2017-02-16

I-129F NOA1 :               2017-02-22

I-129F RFE(s) :              2017-06-15

RFE Reply(s) :               2017-06-20

APPROVED :                  2017-07-07  (135 days)

NOA2 hard copy:           2017-07-13

NVC received:                2017-07-19 (12 days)

NVC case # received:    2017-07-19

Left NVC:                    2017-07-22

Consulate received:    2017-07-24

Interview date:              2017-08-31 APPROVED

Visa in hands:                2017-09-23

US entry:                         2017-09-30

Wedding:                        2017-10-21 Las Vegas!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.