5,920 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
On 6/6/2017 at 7:58 PM, TriloByte said:

I am just pissed at USCIS. :)

Okay...

So anyone still waiting on the NOA2 can understand this....

I received a phone call today from my local police department telling me that mail had been stolen from my mailbox for the last month  (because the police department had found uncashed checks meth head they had arrested had kept...so the meth head could use them later....and I live on a zero crime part of town)

This is the craziness that is my life....

What do you guys think? Do I call the USCIS tomorrow? Any guidance or suggestions will be appreciated :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
3 hours ago, prish17 said:

Ps your actual question : if it's csc it'll change to recieved tomorrow- unless the trackers broken AGAIN. 

Dont rely on it! :) 

Yea, it what  I mean. You were right, I checked again the USCIS web site, now it says: "Response to USCIS Request for evidence was received". Feel less anxious)))), now it another period of waiting. I hope that they will work faster on RFE and we will approve our cases soon in this month....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
On 6/6/2017 at 8:48 PM, swalker said:

I asked this before in case someone knew, but in the flurry of new posts I think it got buried. I'm hoping someone can direct me!

Literally on the same day I sent our petition, I accepted a new, higher paying job and as of last week, I moved. Obviously I need to fill out a new G-925, right? When do I send that in? At the interview? We just got our NOA2 recently. 

Soeaking of the job, I used a tool in the Rapid Visa page and I make more than enough without a cosponsor (if the tool was correct). However, I lived abroad with my fiancée in Argentina and earned pesos for seven years prior. In dollars, it was near nothing and I had my father lined up as the cosponsor. However, will they even look at that or only my current earnings? I've never seen a clear answer.

Anyone?

It is my understanding that you can provide the last three years tax returns but you can also provide pay stubs from this year and/or a letter from your current employer stating your salary for this year.....

1 hour ago, eastcoastgroove said:

I will likely stick around..... Because as the beneficiary.... What else am I going to do while I wait for my EAD??!! Especially as a Canadian moving to Texas.... Can't go outside or I'll melt lol. 

HAHAHA one of my best friends lives in Texas and my first time visiting her from Canada it was 110F everyday I was there. I nearly did melt. Then I went in October the next year and it was 25C and they were all wearing pants and sweaters to my shorts and tank top. The lady at the store said to me you must be canadian. LMAO I was thinking gee how can you tell. lol

I will likely also stick around although I am not going to melt where I am going but also for the same reason what else well I do while waiting for my EAD. :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 6/3/2017 at 4:09 AM, eastcoastgroove said:

I deleted the apps since I didn't need them anymore but I doubt it updated!  If either you or @Christine find out your petition made it to the NVC could you please post it here so I know?? I will do the same

Just wanted to give you an update. I called NVC again today and they have not received our file yet. 

1 hour ago, janet3 said:

Okay...

So anyone still waiting on the NOA2 can understand this....

I received a phone call today from my local police department telling me that mail had been stolen from my mailbox for the last month  (because the police department had found uncashed checks meth head they had arrested had kept...so the meth head could use them later....and I live on a zero crime part of town)

This is the craziness that is my life....

What do you guys think? Do I call the USCIS tomorrow? Any guidance or suggestions will be appreciated :)

One option is to start calling the NVC periodically. If your case is approved, it will eventually arrive there and they will confirm it. 

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

1 hour ago, JayeBird said:

Hello All,

I have been following this forum since the very beginning but have remained in the shadows until now. You are all so helpful and sooooooooo supportive!!!!

I would like to say there might be some truth to getting your petition approved faster if you are able to reach a Tier 2. Below is my experience.

I called uscis last Friday, June 2 at 8:09am EST. After getting to the option to speak to a rep, the phone rang only twice before she answered. I explained to her that I was concern that the approval was taking so long and I wanted to see if there was anything I could do to push it along. Then she gave me the story that they are currently processing Dec cases. I thanked her for the info and told her that a lot of February cases are being approved, so who can I talk to, to get some more info. She said she could transfer me to the CSC center to speak with a supervisor. I gladly said yes.!! She transferred me and I scheduled a call back and it said my wait time would be 7 minutes. I got a call back in 5 minutes!! 

A guy came on the phone, so I explained to  him the same thing I explained to the Rep and he told me the same story. "We are currently processing Dec 15 cases. Then I said " I am very disappointed because from what I know the CSC has a stellar track record for processing I-129  petitions at an impressive rate. The most anyone had to wait was 60 days before his/her petition was approved. Only those who received REF waited 80 to 90 days for approvals. I have been waiting for 94 days"

Then he said me " I am going to put you on hold and try to locate your petition"

I waited no more than 5 minutes before he came back and said he found my petition and it's in process. Before I could say anything he placed me on hold again and when he came back he just said "thank you for holding and have a nice day".  In my mind I was thinking "that's all he is going to tell me". Anyway, I said thank you for checking but I am still disappointed because I haven't heard anything concrete about the status of my case. Then there was a good 7 to 8 seconds pause. Then he said " Ms xxxxx  one day one day your approval will come in the mail and you are going to be pleasantly surprised".  I said thank you and we ended the call. I kinda felt that was a "hint" but didn't wanted to get my hopes up too much.

Well, I am happy to report that TODAY I was pleasantly surprised!!!!!!! 

Received date: February 23

NOA 1 date: February 28

NOA 2 date: June 2 (last FRIDAY, the very same day that I called)

For those who are still waiting:

-Try to reach a Tier 2, this just might help get you petition approved faster

- Try early in the morning when they open. I called at 8:09am EST and when I got off the phone it was 8:28am EST (might be luck but still worth a try)

-  Be professional and courteous. I thanked them every time hey gave me some info.

- Do whatever you can  from your end if you figure that you are waiting too long. But whatever you do DON'T GIVE UP!!

We are all in this together.

I hope this will help someone.

Well, that's clever. I may rehearse and try that myself. Only, it's tough to have tier 2 say, "Your case is still received.", which is what I got a month ago. I going on 130 days waiting now.

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, pajobra said:

HAHAHA one of my best friends lives in Texas and my first time visiting her from Canada it was 110F everyday I was there. I nearly did melt. Then I went in October the next year and it was 25C and they were all wearing pants and sweaters to my shorts and tank top. The lady at the store said to me you must be canadian. LMAO I was thinking gee how can you tell. lol

I will likely also stick around although I am not going to melt where I am going but also for the same reason what else well I do while waiting for my EAD. :D

hahaha,that's funny story! I will be living in Texas too,I visited my fiance for 4 months from Sep. to Jan. it's really hot until Nov. Every day we went out at noon,I felt I melted in the car when I just sit into the car,LOL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
2 hours ago, JayeBird said:

Hello All,

I have been following this forum since the very beginning but have remained in the shadows until now. You are all so helpful and sooooooooo supportive!!!!

I would like to say there might be some truth to getting your petition approved faster if you are able to reach a Tier 2. Below is my experience.

I called uscis last Friday, June 2 at 8:09am EST. After getting to the option to speak to a rep, the phone rang only twice before she answered. I explained to her that I was concern that the approval was taking so long and I wanted to see if there was anything I could do to push it along. Then she gave me the story that they are currently processing Dec cases. I thanked her for the info and told her that a lot of February cases are being approved, so who can I talk to, to get some more info. She said she could transfer me to the CSC center to speak with a supervisor. I gladly said yes.!! She transferred me and I scheduled a call back and it said my wait time would be 7 minutes. I got a call back in 5 minutes!! 

A guy came on the phone, so I explained to  him the same thing I explained to the Rep and he told me the same story. "We are currently processing Dec 15 cases. Then I said " I am very disappointed because from what I know the CSC has a stellar track record for processing I-129  petitions at an impressive rate. The most anyone had to wait was 60 days before his/her petition was approved. Only those who received REF waited 80 to 90 days for approvals. I have been waiting for 94 days"

Then he said me " I am going to put you on hold and try to locate your petition"

I waited no more than 5 minutes before he came back and said he found my petition and it's in process. Before I could say anything he placed me on hold again and when he came back he just said "thank you for holding and have a nice day".  In my mind I was thinking "that's all he is going to tell me". Anyway, I said thank you for checking but I am still disappointed because I haven't heard anything concrete about the status of my case. Then there was a good 7 to 8 seconds pause. Then he said " Ms xxxxx  one day one day your approval will come in the mail and you are going to be pleasantly surprised".  I said thank you and we ended the call. I kinda felt that was a "hint" but didn't wanted to get my hopes up too much.

Well, I am happy to report that TODAY I was pleasantly surprised!!!!!!! 

Received date: February 23

NOA 1 date: February 28

NOA 2 date: June 2 (last FRIDAY, the very same day that I called)

For those who are still waiting:

-Try to reach a Tier 2, this just might help get you petition approved faster

- Try early in the morning when they open. I called at 8:09am EST and when I got off the phone it was 8:28am EST (might be luck but still worth a try)

-  Be professional and courteous. I thanked them every time hey gave me some info.

- Do whatever you can  from your end if you figure that you are waiting too long. But whatever you do DON'T GIVE UP!!

We are all in this together.

I hope this will help someone.

Awesome! Congratulations!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, eastcoastgroove said:

I will likely stick around..... Because as the beneficiary.... What else am I going to do while I wait for my EAD??!! Especially as a Canadian moving to Texas.... Can't go outside or I'll melt lol. 

I think I'll stick around as well. Can't work and I'm so grateful for this forum! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I will probably stick around to get more information on the processes. I'm an accountant and actually enjoy these governmental puzzles of mass paperwork. Just cross your t's and dot your i's. From my experience working with governmental departments is that the majority of workers go at a slow speed but steady. You do have the occasional few who enjoy what they do and really try to push themselves. I wouldn't worry too much about a case being lost in the process because with most of these organizations they have way too many controls that actually slow down the process. What will day 127 bring :o

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Update for the second time.

I-129F Sent from Thailand:

18 Feb 2017

I-129F Received Date :

21 Feb 2017

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:

24 Feb 2017

23 May 2017  < 88 days > 

I-129F NVC Received:

Case number:

06 June 2017 <14 days  >

07 June 2017 <At NVC>

Consulate Received:

Interview Date:

Interview Result:

US Entry:

Marriage:

:D:D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.