5,920 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, mkr1990 said:

It shouldnt have an effect since the b2 is for another purpose to travel to the US, the officer said that himself. Don't worry about that! 

I'm just thinking he may get delayed to if the embassy in croatia has to final approve too....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
2 hours ago, twinee said:

For the affidavit of support if you make a good salary do you still need to list all your assets? 

Rapid Visa told me that as long as i had an income 125% of poverty, was all I needed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We got our NOA2 on the 10th May, my partner called NVC today and they stated they haven't received our case yet. Is this normal? I noticed that a few people with NOA2 dates after us have already had their case numbers assigned from NVC

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Dave&JoJo said:

We got our NOA2 on the 10th May, my partner called NVC today and they stated they haven't received our case yet. Is this normal? I noticed that a few people with NOA2 dates after us have already had their case numbers assigned from NVC

It does seem to be the norm.  I've seen some people get a case number in 12 days, while others wait a month or more.  I'm not sure how or why that happens. 

Edited by eastcoastgroove

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello, everyone. I am February filler as well and was reading posts from this forum every day for a month or two. You are guys very helpful, I learned a lot about USCIC processing time))). Just want to up date.

Send I-129 Form on 02/09/17

Received date- 02/16/17

NOA 1 receipt- 02/22/17

Got RFE notice on 05/30/17, received by mail on 06/06/17

Sent respond to RFE on 06/07/17 overnight, check status on USCIC web site, still not update, but USPS tracker shown that they received.

When I got RFE i could not wait to see what exactly they want. Honestly its surprise me, as soon as I opened up letter. They need MY PHOTO!!!! I am a petitioner. So stupid, and I know I sent my photo, they probably lost it, because it did not tell on RFE that is incorrect format. 

Just curious, how long I suppose to wait until they will change the status for RFE is received.  

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Julia&Andrei said:

Hello, everyone. I am February filler as well and was reading posts from this forum every day for a month or two. You are guys very helpful, I learned a lot about USCIC processing time))). Just want to up date.

Send I-129 Form on 02/09/17

Received date- 02/16/17

NOA 1 receipt- 02/22/17

Got RFE notice on 05/30/17, received by mail on 06/06/17

Sent respond to RFE on 06/07/17 overnight, check status on USCIC web site, still not update, but USPS tracker shown that they received.

When I got RFE i could not wait to see what exactly they want. Honestly its surprise me, as soon as I opened up letter. They need MY PHOTO!!!! I am a petitioner. So stupid, and I know I sent my photo, they probably lost it, because it did not tell on RFE that is incorrect format. 

Just curious, how long I suppose to wait until they will change the status for RFE is received.  

Mine was recieved 25 may....still waiting :( 

Memorial Day didn't help with delays either! 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, prish17 said:

Mine was recieved 25 may....still waiting :( 

Memorial Day didn't help with delays either! 

Ps your actual question : if it's csc it'll change to recieved tomorrow- unless the trackers broken AGAIN. 

Dont rely on it! :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline
7 hours ago, mkm1993 said:

106 days of waiting... Feb 21 received date with a notice date of feb 24... I know there are ones that have been waiting 20 days longer than me. But I think the most frustrating part about this is the fact that there are people ahead of feb 21 that have already received their approvals and are already at NVC?? It makes absolutely no sense professionally wise. Then again we are talking about the United States government!! If they had any decency and order to the way they process cases there wouldn't be chaos... starting with Feb 01 and moving forward  consecutively should be the only way they process cases... not random  sporadic working of cases. This leaves people waiting sometimes 6 months for their approvals as we can very well see based on the fact that people from December and January that have yet to be approved. Yes 6 months is the standard wait time but tell me how in the hell it takes HALF a year to process 1 months worth of fiancé visas. It's totally ridiculous to say the least... even if they had a increase of applicants. This process is the biggest load of crock I've probably ever witnessed... also for the amount of money that we pay for the petition it ought to be FedExed over night to the NVC and also priority to the country of origin where it's going to the embassy!! These workers are paid by our tax dollars yet they charge an outrageous fee to process some piddly ol paperwork. The process is out dated at minimum. I've had and still maintain a strong conservative stance on immigration including illegal immigration and now I see why people come here illegally after only beginning this process... Just a little frustrated today y'all. I'd hate to hear the horror stories of years past of people who have dealt with this process. 

Same here. I've been seeing approvals for the dates that are later than mine and I'm completely discouraged. I'm definitely happy for them but I'm not happy with the way USCIS work. I've lost hope in this process a long time ago. Our received date is Feb 14th. 114 days so far. I am aware that this could take up to six months and we have planned to get married on September 23rd. But, now I'm doubtful if we can make it. So I'm preparing myself for the worst case scenario, waiting for 6 months. I feel sorry about me, everyone of us here who have literally invested all our energy on this process and waiting. It's hard.

Last couple of days has been easy for me because two weeks ago was my VJ predicted date and we didn't receive any notification, and that's when I decided to take a step back. I do want to be with my fiancé more than anything in this world. But, I thought to myself, there's so much to focus on, put my energy into and enjoy instead of being dragged down by this process. So, I started spending time learning things, hanging out with my family more, traveling with my friends and family, doing the hobbies I love and such. It works. I am more relaxed about the waiting now, I'm not saying it isn't painful but I'm mentally prepared if it takes even longer. Don't let the USCIS get the best of you. Put your energy into work, or something else that you enjoy. You cannot let some government stop you from living in the present and enjoying your life every minute of it.

Sending hugs and love to you and to everyone who are still in this waiting list. Keep calm and stay strong. Even if it takes 6 months (worst case scenario), know that you will be with person you love in a few months. Think of the reward, look at the bigger picture. Stay hopeful. 

K1 Visa

Service Center :California Service Center

Consulate :                      Sri Lanka

I-129F Sent :                     2017-02-07

I-129F NOA1 :                   2017-02-14

I-129F NOA2 :                   2017-06-02

NVC Received :                2017-06-16

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned :2017-06-20

NVC Left :                         2017-06-24

Consulate Received :      2017-07-07

Packet 4 Received :         2017-07-24

Interview Date :                2017-08-03  

Interview Result :

Marriage :                          2017-09-23
Estimates/Stats :Your I-129f was approved in 108 days from your NOA1 date. 
Your interview took 170 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

7 hours ago, TriloByte said:

I have considered making my solution available to someone who is skilled enough when I move on.  But for now, no. It's complex and requires money, time and IT knowledge to maintain. Money to create rotating IPs to prevent getting banned from the USCIS site when scraping, time to take the resulting data and update pivot tables and charts and IT knowledge to maintain the code and know what to do when it breaks. My solution is very raw and requires a high degree of knowledge of what data is being scraped and how the code is interacting with it.

Also, some people would likely scan non-stop all day, and that can't happen, else USCIS will probably become even less transparent and block the scanning.

That makes sense..my fiance is an IT. He doesnt like tracking the cases since he said its very dangerous. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
4 hours ago, Dave&JoJo said:

Just keep calling my friend. My NOA2 is 15th May and I got the same answer everyday - "We haven't receive your case yet, when did you get the approval? Please note it can take up to 6 weeks to process it." This is crazy!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Without this forum, which we started visiting months before we sent the actual petition, we would be lost in the process. After we all get married and work towards AOS, I'm wondering how many people will stick around here and help out the new people just starting? Granted, we may all still be here daily, going nuts while our 'visa journeys' continue (!!!), but maybe we'll be more confident and such since our loved ones will be with us? 

Good evening everyone:

I received my RFE in the mail today.  I need three things. The G325A for my fiancée but she has a 4 month gap in her addresses in filling out the form.  This was during a time period in which she returned back to the Phillipines after a contract, but didn't put her home address during that time period. Should I have her fill out a new G 325A. Secondly they need information that website that we met on is not international marriage broker. I got  a letter from website indicating they are not marriage broker. And lastly we need to establish circumstances of our meeting. I submitted passport stamps and itinerary for plane ticket. I do have some photos of us together as well as hotel receipts and receipts for engagement ring. Any advice in this regard would be greatly appreciated. I will go ahead and have fiancé send another G 325A by express mail. I don't want USCIS to trip over a 4 month gap in address.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.