5,920 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

My fiance has called CSC 3 times today and unfortunately they didn't help to transfer a call to tier 2 officer. but one thing we laughed was he called 3 times and the same person picked up the call twice,haha!! we really hope they understand our pain that we can not see our love one for long time and they even don't give us hope “when”.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I asked this before in case someone knew, but in the flurry of new posts I think it got buried. I'm hoping someone can direct me!

Literally on the same day I sent our petition, I accepted a new, higher paying job and as of last week, I moved. Obviously I need to fill out a new G-925, right? When do I send that in? At the interview? We just got our NOA2 recently. 

Soeaking of the job, I used a tool in the Rapid Visa page and I make more than enough without a cosponsor (if the tool was correct). However, I lived abroad with my fiancée in Argentina and earned pesos for seven years prior. In dollars, it was near nothing and I had my father lined up as the cosponsor. However, will they even look at that or only my current earnings? I've never seen a clear answer.

Anyone?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Latvia
Timeline
11 hours ago, KozmicBlues said:

I remember seeing someone post about using Skype credits to make international calls to the USCIS and they said it was pretty reasonably priced. I've never used Skype phone calls so not sure of all the details, but probably worth looking into! 

I usually call with Skype. Call per minute cost me 0.03 cents really easy and even if u are 30 mins on line u pay just less than dollar

12 hours ago, TriloByte said:

My fiancee wants to call USCIS herself, but from the UK, that's quite expensive. Does anyone know of any cheap international phone services? Maybe some online setup?

Im just catching up on this forum, so this may be late but I use skype a lot but Google offer free calls to the USA via hangouts. 

If you use skype you can get a skype number which means they have a US based number to call you back on. Unlike Google which doesnt provide you with an individual number. But since they ask you for a number to call back on you could possible cite your UK number at that point.

Hope this helps. :)

It's been 102 days and counting for me and I feel like this past couple of days have been way harder to cope with. Every day feels like 102 days now. My I-129F file has been received on Feb 24th and the NOA1 has been sent on the 1st of March. However my case has been touched on the 23rd of March because they wrote my name wrong. My biggest fear now is my case being forgotten on the count that it's been touched so early. I don't really have an argument for this, it's just my paranoia saying workers at the USCIS are gonna take fresh untouched files and process them and my touched one is gonna be left for dead in a ditch somewhere. 

Could anyone tell me how accurate the vj timeline data is? I wanna know experiences...did the NOA2 come anywhere around the few days VJ estimate for you February fillers?

Edited by AnnieBee

33 minutes ago, FlashLG said:

I've been quietly following this thread since February and have found it a great comfort knowing there are so many others going through the same journey that we are.

Well yesterday it was our turn to receive our NOA2 notification in the post! Received date was 27th February and NOA2 date was 31st May - 92 days in total. Then we received the letter 6th June. 

Incidentally, I checked one of the reports regularly published on here a few days ago and my case was showing as untouched, and the USCIS Case Status is still not updated either.

My VJ timeline estimated I'd receive the NOA2 between 10th-15th June, so it was almost spot on (it had estimated a little ealrier in June but that had increased in the last few weeks).

Good luck to everyone still waiting for their NOA2!

This is really helpful. Thank you and congradulations! 

9 hours ago, cocobean said:

Thanks girlfriend! But seriously no need to be jelly. Everything will work out in perfect time. In the mean time, start preparing all the neccesary documents you'll need for the interview as well as evidence of ongoing relationship. Practice interview questions with your fiancé and address any other concerns that you may have. Once you got your NOA2 (which should be any day now) you'll look back and think it all went so fast. It speeds up so much more after NOA2. Actually rather quickly 🤔Now I'm struggling to keep up 😅

Hey good advice.... anyone has any sample interview questions? 

YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl0TydLCMPdH4G2gnzC2b8A

INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/find_her_keep_her/  

i-129F Sent:                                                                  2017-01-25

I-129F NOA1/NOA2:                                                   2017-02-01/2017-05-30  
NVC Received: 2017-06-09
Date Case # assigned: 2017-06-12
NVC Left: 2017-06-19
Consulate Received: 2017-06-20
Packet 3 Received/Sent: 2017-06-22

Packet 4 received:

Medical Appointment

Interview date and result:  

Visa Issued Notice:

Visa in hand:

US Entry:

Marriage:

AOS package posted to USCIS:

Acceptance notice i485:

Biometrics:

Acceptance notice i765:

RFE for i765:

Approval for i765 and AP:

Received card for i765 and AP

2017-06-27

2017-07-04

2017-07-21 Approved🎉🎉😊🌈❤️ (see my timeline for breakdown)

2017-08-17

2017-08-21

2017-08-22

2017-09-23❤️❤️❤️❤️

2017-10-20

2017-11-27

2017-12-22                

2018-01-11

2018-04-16

2018-06-07🎉🎉😊

2018-06-13🎉🎉😊

2 hours ago, FlashLG said:

I've been quietly following this thread since February and have found it a great comfort knowing there are so many others going through the same journey that we are.

Well yesterday it was our turn to receive our NOA2 notification in the post! Received date was 27th February and NOA2 date was 31st May - 92 days in total. Then we received the letter 6th June. 

Incidentally, I checked one of the reports regularly published on here a few days ago and my case was showing as untouched, and the USCIS Case Status is still not updated either.

My VJ timeline estimated I'd receive the NOA2 between 10th-15th June, so it was almost spot on (it had estimated a little ealrier in June but that had increased in the last few weeks).

Good luck to everyone still waiting for their NOA2!

I'm not to sure if it's you or your fiance that's from the UK but i would really appreciate if you could keep us fellow UK'ers updated on how you get on with this next step :) I'm only a day after you so hopefully my fiance will get something in the post soon!

I-129F Sent: 21/02/2017                                                                                                                                                 Marriage: 12/01/2018

I-129F Received Date: 23/02/2017                                                                                                                               AOS/EAD/AP Sent :

I-129F NOA1: 28/02/2017

RFE: 12/07/2017

RFE Hard Copy Received: 17/07/2017

RFE Response Sent Back: 18/07/2017

RFE Received By USCIS: 21/07/2017

I-129F NOA2: 18/08/2017 (176 Days)

NVC Received: 31/08/2017 (13 Days)

NVC Left: 06/09/2017 (6 Days)

Consulate Received: 08/09/2017

Letter from embassy (Packet 3): 11/09/2017
Medical at Knightsbridge: 28/09/2017

Interview: 10/10/2017 APPROVED!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
9 hours ago, swalker said:

I asked this before in case someone knew, but in the flurry of new posts I think it got buried. I'm hoping someone can direct me!

Literally on the same day I sent our petition, I accepted a new, higher paying job and as of last week, I moved. Obviously I need to fill out a new G-925, right? When do I send that in? At the interview? We just got our NOA2 recently. 

Soeaking of the job, I used a tool in the Rapid Visa page and I make more than enough without a cosponsor (if the tool was correct). However, I lived abroad with my fiancée in Argentina and earned pesos for seven years prior. In dollars, it was near nothing and I had my father lined up as the cosponsor. However, will they even look at that or only my current earnings? I've never seen a clear answer.

Anyone?

You do not need to submit a new G-325. All of your financial information will be provided on the I-134 Affidavit of Support form, which will be needed at the interview.  

As far as earning go, they tend to look at what you have earned in the past 6 months to a year. This is part of the reason why the 2016 tax return is required if you filed taxes in the US, as well as bank statements and paystubs. People often bring 3 years worth of tax returns, however I am not sure if that is a requirement at every embassy. If you have been earning above the required poverty level for the past few months and can prove with an employer letter that you have a permanent position and stable salary, most likely you will be okay without a cosponsor. 

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
4 hours ago, AnnieBee said:

It's been 102 days and counting for me and I feel like this past couple of days have been way harder to cope with. Every day feels like 102 days now. My I-129F file has been received on Feb 24th and the NOA1 has been sent on the 1st of March. However my case has been touched on the 23rd of March because they wrote my name wrong. My biggest fear now is my case being forgotten on the count that it's been touched so early. I don't really have an argument for this, it's just my paranoia saying workers at the USCIS are gonna take fresh untouched files and process them and my touched one is gonna be left for dead in a ditch somewhere. 

Could anyone tell me how accurate the vj timeline data is? I wanna know experiences...did the NOA2 come anywhere around the few days VJ estimate for you February fillers?

The VJ timeline is just an estimate based on data that other users contribute by the timeline feature. For some it will be accurate and for some not so much. Unfortunately it has gotten really difficult to predict NOA2 arrivals these days. Some users have received NOA2 in a little less than 90 days, and some have been waiting 120+ days, and that's not even including RFEs. I don't think the name change will effect how long you are waiting, at least I hope not!

I understand that you are feeling frustrated with this long wait, but you are still within the average time frame for waiting. There are still a lot of February (and even some January and a tiny number of December) filers waiting with you, you are not alone in this journey. Hope you get some good news soon!

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
45 minutes ago, RJandHamid said:

You do not need to submit a new G-325. All of your financial information will be provided on the I-134 Affidavit of Support form, which will be needed at the interview.  

As far as earning go, they tend to look at what you have earned in the past 6 months to a year. This is part of the reason why the 2016 tax return is required if you filed taxes in the US, as well as bank statements and paystubs. People often bring 3 years worth of tax returns, however I am not sure if that is a requirement at every embassy. If you have been earning above the required poverty level for the past few months and can prove with an employer letter that you have a permanent position and stable salary, most likely you will be okay without a cosponsor. 

Thank you so much!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
3 hours ago, Williamsnelson said:

Hey good advice.... anyone has any sample interview questions? 

Here is what we did. Search YouTube for K1 Questions. There are severs videos. One I remember had 70 questions. I typed via email, 70 answers. Most questions are very simple. The ones we focused on the most were our home address, children's ages and birthdays.

May I suggest also, read on VJ, Embassy reviews. If you can show a reasonably solid relationship, the interview looks like a simple conversation. My Fiancé thinks is more of Interrogation. As long as our ducks are in order, nothing to fear.

Edited by WayneAdoresWendy

Another day, no approval. 

Toes, Legs, fingers, arms, eyes and butt cheeks crossed that the letter comes tomorrow. :blink:

Edited by TriloByte

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.