5,920 posts in this topic

Omg i just called the nvc to check if they assigned a case # today and even though i know they had just received my case yesterday i still went ahead and called just for the heck of it and surprisingly they actually assign it today. I wasnt expecting it. Im so happy😃

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, pattyandvern said:

Thank You :) and yes, my Fiance received it recently, I think this or last week but forgot the date ;)

Thank you!

K1 Journey
Feb 04, 17: I-129F packet mailed
Feb 09, 17: I-129F packet delivered
Feb 14, 17: NOA1
May 18, 17: NOA 2 (98 days)
Jun 03, 17: NVC Receive
Jun 20, 17: Case Number assigned and NVC left
Jun 27, 17: "Packet 3" (email from consulate)
Jul 18, 17: Interview - APPROVED!

1 hour ago, L&y said:

Omg i just called the nvc to check if they assigned a case # today and even though i know they had just received my case yesterday i still went ahead and called just for the heck of it and surprisingly they actually assign it today. I wasnt expecting it. Im so happy😃

Told ya it was fast! 😀

Hey Friends! Hope you all are still getting those NOA2's and moving forward with this process which feels like one hundred years 😑. Anyways just a quick update! My case is finally showing ready at our embassy and medicals are up next. Hoping to do the interview in the next few weeks. Keep hope! Everything moves much much much faster after the NOA2. Good luck friends! 

57 minutes ago, cocobean said:

Told ya it was fast! 😀

Oh yes u did😁. So what can i get done now? Can i pay the visa fee so its at least paid by the time its in the embassy and this way when its ready i can just schedule the interview appointment? Or can i do the ds160? I mean what are the next steps to be ready for the interview?

7 minutes ago, L&y said:

Oh yes u did😁. So what can i get done now? Can i pay the visa fee so its at least paid by the time its in the embassy and this way when its ready i can just schedule the interview appointment? Or can i do the ds160? I mean what are the next steps to be ready for the interview?

You can track your case on the ceac site! Once it shows ready then you can proceed from there but you need to adhere to your specific Embassy instructions. I have to schedule my interview and medical by myself, versus the Embassy. Check for their requirements and wait till it's ready and go from there. In the mean time start collecting the documents you'll need for your interview. I.e. Affidavit of support and supporting docs for ongoing relationship! 

2 minutes ago, cocobean said:

You can track your case on the ceac site! Once it shows ready then you can proceed from there but you need to adhere to your specific Embassy instructions. I have to schedule my interview and medical by myself, versus the Embassy. Check for their requirements and wait till it's ready and go from there. In the mean time start collecting the documents you'll need for your interview. I.e. Affidavit of support and supporting docs for ongoing relationship! 

Ok yeah my fiance also have to schedule the interview by himself and once he got the interview appointment letter he needs to do medical 2 weeks before the appontment. Should i take a copy of all the evidence of ongoing relationship that i sent with the i-129f?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

So jelly of everyone getting their noa 2s and interviews...I hope my turn comes next...rec date feb 21st....happy for you guys....

1 minute ago, Lovemycroatianman said:

So jelly of everyone getting their noa 2s and interviews...I hope my turn comes next...rec date feb 21st....happy for you guys....

I am just pissed at USCIS. :)

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

3 minutes ago, L&y said:

Ok yeah my fiance also have to schedule the interview by himself and once he got the interview appointment letter he needs to do medical 2 weeks before the appontment. Should i take a copy of all the evidence of ongoing relationship that i sent with the i-129f?

Yes! You've got it! What I'm going to do is send an entire copy of the i129f Packet couple with any new evidence supporting an ongoing relationship 😃 Which clearly there would be new evidence since it's Been months now! 

Timeline

Believe me I feel your rage...but I've decided to let go of being mad cause it just takes all my energy.....and makes me kinda unmotivated for life and sad....if time must pass, I decided to do something productive with it...cuz obssessing about this could drive a person mad

4 minutes ago, Lovemycroatianman said:

Thanks girlfriend! But seriously no need to be jelly. Everything will work out in perfect time. In the mean time, start preparing all the neccesary documents you'll need for the interview as well as evidence of ongoing relationship. Practice interview questions with your fiancé and address any other concerns that you may have. Once you got your NOA2 (which should be any day now) you'll look back and think it all went so fast. It speeds up so much more after NOA2. Actually rather quickly 🤔Now I'm struggling to keep up 😅

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Good to know most people are getting their case number from NVC! On the other hand, mine is NOA2 5/15 but still calling and waiting... depressing....

Timeline

Yeah cause of this long wait I've already started organizing the next stage of documents and been in contact with his embassy in Croatia...luckily since they aren't a high risk country...and they aren't busy there ...the estimated time to interview is 21 days...and they don't have any weird or tight requirements...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.