5,920 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Has anyone had any issues calling the NVC? I keep getting a message saying something like they have a high call volume, and in the meantime to visit their website, then the call drops.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, ChrisandNaomi said:

Has anyone had any issues calling the NVC? I keep getting a message saying something like they have a high call volume, and in the meantime to visit their website, then the call drops.

That is their way of controlling their hold time.  I had heard that message and called right back and got through.  And have called in the evening and gotten to an agent much quicker.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Now that we have NOA2, I really need to start reading the other month's threads to know what is coming up. I think I was so focused on this step that I couldn't see past it too well. 

One question, though: Literally the day I sent in my petition, I accepted another, higher paying job and that is not listed on my G-325. My address will be different now as well, as I am moving into our new place tomorrow. When do I submit my new information...with the packet she takes to the interview? Anyone know?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Latvia
Timeline
4 hours ago, ChrisandNaomi said:

I called them Tuesday 

Hi everyone. 

I've been reading the forums for a few months but this is my first post. I'm loosing hope in this process. Our received date was Feb 7th, and our noa1 Feb 10th. 

I have called both the USCIS and NVC with no news. As per usual the USCIS just recite the information we get online which as well all know (their staff don't) is wrong. Even the their tier 2 was of no use, despite us being nice.

The NVC wouldn't talk to me without an NOA2 date, and the way she spoke to me was so demoralising. If it wasn't for these forums I would have pulled my hair our at the lack of communication from the US government. 

Our whole lives are in the ballence and they really don't care enough to even keep their systems online. It's really despressed. 

Still I'm trying to stay positive. I know it will all be worth it in the end. It's the not knowing that seems to be driving us all crazy. 

For those with their NOA2 congratulations, for the rest of us. Stay strong. Theirs always tomorrow!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, DylanMc93 said:

Hi everyone. 

I've been reading the forums for a few months but this is my first post. I'm loosing hope in this process. Our received date was Feb 7th, and our noa1 Feb 10th. 

I have called both the USCIS and NVC with no news. As per usual the USCIS just recite the information we get online which as well all know (their staff don't) is wrong. Even the their tier 2 was of no use, despite us being nice.

The NVC wouldn't talk to me without an NOA2 date, and the way she spoke to me was so demoralising. If it wasn't for these forums I would have pulled my hair our at the lack of communication from the US government. 

Our whole lives are in the ballence and they really don't care enough to even keep their systems online. It's really despressed. 

Still I'm trying to stay positive. I know it will all be worth it in the end. It's the not knowing that seems to be driving us all crazy. 

For those with their NOA2 congratulations, for the rest of us. Stay strong. Theirs always tomorrow!!!

Stay positive and try not to stress too much.  It will come.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
6 hours ago, Angel&Eric said:

That is their way of controlling their hold time.  I had heard that message and called right back and got through.  And have called in the evening and gotten to an agent much quicker.

Ok thank  you!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Would requesting a case inquiry on their website make any difference? They say 'our goal is to make a decision on your application within 6 months of filing. Please wait six months before submitting an inquiry'

Think it wouldn't hurt to try.. we have been waiting a long time and I hope we all get to hear something soon

02/08/2017- I-129F packet received

02/10/2017 -NOA1

02/18/2017 - NOA1 Letter 

Waiting for NOA2

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
2 hours ago, mkr1990 said:

Would requesting a case inquiry on their website make any difference? They say 'our goal is to make a decision on your application within 6 months of filing. Please wait six months before submitting an inquiry'

Think it wouldn't hurt to try.. we have been waiting a long time and I hope we all get to hear something soon

I asked that question and people told me it takes them two weeks to respond back.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
14 minutes ago, TriloByte said:

Hey everyone who is still waiting for NOA2. I just had an emotional breakdown this morning after seeing yet another day with no letter in the mail. This is on top of one of my kids moving on to middle school and leaving elementary school behind. In many ways, I feel like my class (all of my friends here who have their NOA2s) are my graduating class, and I have been left behind. It's a tough road, this is, being separated from the love of my life, with all of the emotional torment that comes along with it, and still trying to keep up with my daily life. There's nothing magic here that I am trying to say. I guess I just wanted to say that I have picked myself up off the floor again, and am trying to carry on. To anyone else out there that's suffering like me, you are not alone, and I understand what you are going through.

I understand you very well, we are also waiting for noa2 and sometimes its getting pretty hard and i lose control and my mood goes just to zero...but! every moment of our life we have choice - to be at peace or to be in resistance. Always keep peace and save your positive energy, always do this. and this time of waiting will be even nice))) its just our mission, and this is possible! so at the end you feel like real hero and you can tell everyone - YES I DID IT!!! because not all people can come through this, but you CAN, so be happy and patient even at the time of waiting, at the hardest time, and you will win! you are not alone.

I-129F Sent :                 2017-02-16

I-129F NOA1 :               2017-02-22

I-129F RFE(s) :              2017-06-15

RFE Reply(s) :               2017-06-20

APPROVED :                  2017-07-07  (135 days)

NOA2 hard copy:           2017-07-13

NVC received:                2017-07-19 (12 days)

NVC case # received:    2017-07-19

Left NVC:                    2017-07-22

Consulate received:    2017-07-24

Interview date:              2017-08-31 APPROVED

Visa in hands:                2017-09-23

US entry:                         2017-09-30

Wedding:                        2017-10-21 Las Vegas!

21 minutes ago, TriloByte said:

Hey everyone who is still waiting for NOA2. I just had an emotional breakdown this morning after seeing yet another day with no letter in the mail. This is on top of one of my kids moving on to middle school and leaving elementary school behind. In many ways, I feel like my class (all of my friends here who have their NOA2s) are my graduating class, and I have been left behind. It's a tough road, this is, being separated from the love of my life, with all of the emotional torment that comes along with it, and still trying to keep up with my daily life. There's nothing magic here that I am trying to say. I guess I just wanted to say that I have picked myself up off the floor again, and am trying to carry on. To anyone else out there that's suffering like me, you are not alone, and I understand what you are going through.

HUGS Although I have not waited as long as you yet I so understand. I have my good days and bad days as does my fiance. This is definitely the biggest life trial I have gone through as of yet. Hang in there! We are all in this together. :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.