5,920 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Estibaliz said:

This is a chaotic work process that however involves some logic. Groups of petitions getting RFE's or approved, with some other groups of them still untouched, could be explained by cases organized in boxes: agents pick boxes and work on them. Not all agents are equally fast. I guess some of them could leave some petition aside to work on 'easier' ones because their work is measured by productivity criteria (that's a fact I read somewhere around here... It's hard that productivity has to apply to a situation that ultimately involves human beings, real lives and feelings... But at the same time productivity means more cases would be touched average).

Since this process is performed by human beings, there will be mistakes and delays. I guess some cases get unlucky for reasons I can't picture. Do they even lose cases that fall behind the desk? Who knows... With my luck, I'm expecting to be left behind when my turn comes. Frustrating, specially when now they are even cutting off communication :(

Nothing of this is comforting, so I'll just say good luck to you all. 

You  are correct, but, there are easy cases where there is no criminal record, previous marriage or other factors that could play into the decision. You would think that background checks and other municipal documents would be easy for them to obtain, believe me it isn't always the case. Cases can sit on a desk for days waiting for information to come in. There is a great post on here somewhere, where they talked to someone who used to do this and it fills in some holes. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
19 hours ago, mkm1993 said:

Wow that's awesome that you took that step to do that... I'm just a ol' Mississippi boy that knows redneck English haha!! I'll use southern slang words like "I reckon so" and she has no clue what I'm saying lol... I also pronounce my days of the week different and I've tried to teach her the southern way to do it... Mundey, Tuesdey, Wensdey, Thursdey, Frydey, Saturdey, Sundey 😂 She thinks it's hilarious... so maybe I'll have some success turning her into a true southern belle but I have my doubts lol!! As for learning Portuguese I'm excited to do so... I want to be able to communicate with her folks... thank God for google translate 

Your post made me laugh. I'm from South Georgia and I use many of those same words. I'm in Ecuador right now visiting my fiancé'. I'll be here until June 28. We speak Spanish because he doesn't know any English. I am self taught in the Spanish department, but have a long way to go. I will say something in Spanish and by the end I'm speaking English (mainly because I don't know the words in Spanish). Anyway, I say "okey dokey" a lot to him and he understands that... lol 

01/27/2017:     I-129F Mailed

02/01/2017:     NOA1 (Receipt Date: Feb 01; Notice Date: Feb 03)

05/17/2017:     NOA2 (Received May 22, USCIS still shows as received)

05/23/2017:     Case mailed from California to NVC

06/02/2017:     Case Number Received (I called) from NVC

06/09/2017:     Case Status: Ready in Guayaquil, Ecuador

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
19 minutes ago, JayCee17 said:

Your post made me laugh. I'm from South Georgia and I use many of those same words. I'm in Ecuador right now visiting my fiancé'. I'll be here until June 28. We speak Spanish because he doesn't know any English. I am self taught in the Spanish department, but have a long way to go. I will say something in Spanish and by the end I'm speaking English (mainly because I don't know the words in Spanish). Anyway, I say "okey dokey" a lot to him and he understands that... lol 

Good for you on speaking Spanish! :D We speak English because my fiance doesn't speak any Spanish. Well, he knows very few works and also "Encantado de conocerte" (what he learnt last summer to tell to my parents, family and friends), "Que duermas bien, mi amor" (we usually are not that cheesy) and "Tengo pulgas" (don't ask, lol).

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, JayCee17 said:

Gotta love those phrases 😆😆

8 hours ago, SugarLai said:

ohh Congratulations!!! I am notstill ablewaiting and our NOA1 date nightis the same. I would like to know how could you reach tier 2 officer? my fiance has called him 3 times,but still has no chance talk to tier 2 officer.

Thank you! When you call uscis just tell them your concern about the case checker not working and when they insist that they are up to december 15 tell them that you know for a fact of february filers who received their noa2 and that you would like to speak to a tier2 officer about this problem and so there you ask them to please check your case status. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, Estibaliz said:

Good for you on speaking Spanish! :D We speak English because my fiance doesn't speak any Spanish. Well, he knows very few works and also "Encantado de conocerte" (what he learnt last summer to tell to my parents, family and friends), "Que duermas bien, mi amor" (we usually are not that cheesy) and "Tengo pulgas" (don't ask, lol).

No tengo pulgas.

Edited by Angel&Eric

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi all,

I know now everyone is anxiously awaiting their approval notices from USCIS. I wanted to share 2 items.

1. I spoke to a customer service agent at USCIS yesterday and was told that NOA2 will only be mailed. It will not be updated on the website, even if you have an

account. 

2. We received our NOA2 in the mailed today! Received date 2/17, approved date 5/19. Didn't get it in the mail until today.

I am over the moon happy, and have my fingers crossed that more and more approvals will be arriving soon. 

--------------------------------------
Our USCIS office is at California.. How about you?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi everybody.i was waiting for noa2 .last saturday i got rfe letter,its about I forgot to put check mark on the question about criminal record.I sent it back to Uscis.How long it will take to get noa2 now.so is this rfe gonna effect 1 or 2 months process?I am just hoping to get our noA2 in a month.We got noa 1  on feb17

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
40 minutes ago, manisali45 said:

Hi everybody.I was waiting for noa2 .last saturday i got rfe letter,I forgot to put check mark on the question about criminal record.I sent it back to Uscis.How long it will take to get noa2 now.So is this rfe gonna effect our process 1 or 2 months? I am just hoping to get our noA2 in a month.We got noa 1  on feb17.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline
13 hours ago, JulienneB said:

Hi all,

I know now everyone is anxiously awaiting their approval notices from USCIS. I wanted to share 2 items.

1. I spoke to a customer service agent at USCIS yesterday and was told that NOA2 will only be mailed. It will not be updated on the website, even if you have an

account. 

2. We received our NOA2 in the mailed today! Received date 2/17, approved date 5/19. Didn't get it in the mail until today.

I am over the moon happy, and have my fingers crossed that more and more approvals will be arriving soon. 

Hey, I have the same received date. Does your case fall in between 7616 and 7631? I am hoping that this cluster is all approved!!

IMG_3389.PNG

Timeline

Hi all,

account. 

Hey, I have the same received date. Does your case fall in between 7616 and 7631? I am hoping that this cluster is all approved!!

Timeline

Hi all,

account. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.