5,920 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, ChisolmTrail said:

I wonder if the RFE regarding IMBRA only pertains to "dating" websites like OKCupid as an example.  We met on a messaging app called Tango.  I wonder too if I will get an RFE about that. But this is what I find odd.  Certainly online socializing, whether it occurs via a dating site or some other venue, is very common now.  I struggle to understand why USCIS would ask the petitioner for a copy of the site's T&Cs when:

1. It is easily available for them to check

2. by now they should know about the most common sites, why ask for something they have already seen countless times

3. Shouldn't it be their due diligence to verify if a site is IMBRA?

Perhaps I am not understanding something...

LOL  I don't think I am either 

Timeline
2 hours ago, ChristaandJosh said:

Thank you! Just your comment had made me feel better! I'm the benificary from the UK and I see you are too? Thank you so much ☺☺

I am! I'm from London, where are you from? And where are you moving to? 

Good! Glad you feel better! It's nothing to worry about :) 

My fiancé was able to get ahold of someone at NVC and he got my case number (still at the NVC). I made sure he called today since its a long weekend. Hopefully many of you in here got some good news in one form or another before the long weekend begins. If not, enjoy the weekend, stay busy and occupied. The next business day will roll around before you know it. 

Note: NOA2 May 10th

5 hours ago, TriloByte said:

Another week of no approval and no mail at all (what's that all about???). Not getting any mail for one day is bizarre, but a whole week?

Same here! I normally get loads of mail. Mostly junk mail...but still! I've received absolutely nothing in the mail this week. Scratching my head. The mailman is in on it. Lol

02/08/17    I-129F Mailed to Lewisville, TX
02/10/17    i-129F Received Date

02/14/17    NOA1 Date on Hard Copy Notice
02/15/17    NOA1 Text and E-mail. Case sent to CSC

02/15/17    Check deposited

02/22/17    NOA1 Hard Copy Received

8 minutes ago, tevans2 said:

Same here! I normally get loads of mail. Mostly junk mail...but still! I've received absolutely nothing in the mail this week. Scratching my head. The mailman is in on it. Lol

The mailman is def in on it!!! haha

The good news about it is, I will turn lemons into ice cold lemonade, and enjoy seeing no bills in the mail :D

Edited by TriloByte

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Timeline
1 hour ago, prish17 said:

I am! I'm from London, where are you from? And where are you moving to? 

Good! Glad you feel better! It's nothing to worry about :) 

Im from north east England and I'm moving to Louisiana! Deep south! 😁😁 where you going? 

Thanks. Honestly. I worry about everything and anything. 🙈

4 hours ago, ChisolmTrail said:

I wonder if the RFE regarding IMBRA only pertains to "dating" websites like OKCupid as an example.  We met on a messaging app called Tango.  I wonder too if I will get an RFE about that. But this is what I find odd.  Certainly online socializing, whether it occurs via a dating site or some other venue, is very common now.  I struggle to understand why USCIS would ask the petitioner for a copy of the site's T&Cs when:

2. by now they should know about the most common sites, why ask for something they have already seen countless times

this! for the life of me i still cannot believe how they could NOT be aware of that these very common sites are not IMBRA. they ARE USCIS...who adjudicates hundreds of thousands of case where couple meet on these online dating sites. it is impossible they are not aware right?!

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

2 hours ago, Angel&Eric said:

It does.  But we may need to tap the brakes a little bit.   Angels dad is in the hospital with severe pneumonia.  Trying not to get too many mixed emotions going on there.  

We will see how this all turns out.

Oh no. =( i hope her dad recovers and gets well soon!

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
3 hours ago, Me and her said:

I really hope so :) thank you for your beautiful words. I hope you have yours tomorrow :)

Thank you !! And i really hope we all recieve something soon ! What we are going through with all this waiting is painful and quite stressful! It'll all be worth it at the end, we just have to keep thinking positive ! 😊🤞🏽

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, iamdegie said:

this! for the life of me i still cannot believe how they could NOT be aware of that these very common sites are not IMBRA. they ARE USCIS...who adjudicates hundreds of thousands of case where couple meet on these online dating sites. it is impossible they are not aware right?!

My thought exactly. I-129f question 34a, 35, and 35a ask specifically to annotate the circumstances if you met via an international marriage broker.  If one answers no, and you indicate an online dating site, especially one they have seen countless times; then why ask for the T&Cs?  If USCIS is not sure, then why not they investigate? They do personal background checks. Lastly, there is no guidance I found regarding the I-129f form where it directs you to provide Dating site T&Cs. (I may be wrong, since we did not meet via IMB, so admittedly I did not look that hard) One would only know to provide if they got an RFE

Timeline
1 hour ago, ChristaandJosh said:

Im from north east England and I'm moving to Louisiana! Deep south! 😁😁 where you going? 

Thanks. Honestly. I worry about everything and anything. 🙈

I'm going to Los Angeles! 

Im like that too, I cannot wait to just be with him already ! :( 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
3 hours ago, TriloByte said:

Yup. Like I have said before. I am irritated with it all, from a case worker, all the way to the top. The top defined as the ethos of society itself which manifests into these systems of cr@pola. It's not like we live in a reality of inadequate resources and technology. What we live in is a system born out of 2000+-year-old ideas that no longer align with the technical and scientific potential of today.

I rarely deal with the governments, for this reason. I will be so glad to fade away into obscurity once this is over.

Aaaaamen!!!!!

Timeline
7 hours ago, ChisolmTrail said:

Why do my job when i can frustrate couple by making them wait months longer after i just made them wait 4+ months to see their lovers

K-1 Visa

03/27/17 - I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
03/29/17 - Delivered at Lewisville, TX

04/04/17 - Check cashed

04/05/17 - NOA1
04/06/17 - NOA1 Text 
04/10/17 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received
08/11/17 - NOA2 APPROVED

08/15/17 - NOA2 Text and Email
08/17/17 - NOA2 Hard Copy Received 
08/24/17 - NVC Received I-129F 
08/25/17 - Case Number Received

08/31/17 - Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC

09/01/17 - Embassy Received. Case status set as Ready
09/27/17 - Medical

10/06/17 - Interview - APPROVED 
10/11/17 - Visa Issued

10/16/17 - Visa in Hand

10/26/17 - POE - Atlanta 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.