5,920 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
6 hours ago, mkm1993 said:

Hello everyone-

little more progress on my end... I got my case number this morning from the NVC and changed my girlfriends address in their system as she had moved right after we submitted the petition in Feb. Anyways... we are in admin processing at NVC and it will be electronically sent to Rio de Janeiro Brazil after that. Do we need to wait till we get something in the mail or email before we do whatever the next steps are. I'm a little cloudy on everything going forward... I think the d160 is next and all of that but not sure? I've looked at the embassy website in Rio but they make it sound like you can't do anything until it arrives at the embassy which I don't have a problem waiting to do that but just wanting some clarity. Thanks y'all. We will be together in December... I'll be in Brazil for 3 weeks. Can't wait. 

Whats track number. I got mail from uscis. but no email from nvc, I don't know our nvc number.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, RaptureSongbird said:

Case number received from NVC today.  I tracked it and it's listed as "At NVC".  One step closer...

Wow, that's awesome! Much quicker than the "2-3 weeks" they keep telling people. Meanwhile, our petition still hasn't been received :(

Timeline
6 hours ago, aradracing02 said:

Thanks! It took i think 4 days after my case said "Ready" on CEAC page , i believe it arrives to the consulate last thursday and we received the email on monday.  

There were dates available from the 18 onwards , but only every Tuesday is when they conduct the K interview , we scheduled for the 25 at 7:40 am , pretty early. 

When I check my Caec page it says ready.but we didn't get any e mail from embassy.do I need to call the embassy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
27 minutes ago, manisali45 said:

When I check my Caec page it says ready.but we didn't get any e mail from embassy.do I need to call the embassy.

Same here. Imagine doing this horrible process before the internet...or before VJ was created. I wouldn't have gone mad. 

Timeline
29 minutes ago, tab0712 said:

Same here. Imagine doing this horrible process before the internet...or before VJ was created. I wouldn't have gone mad. 

Did you call the embassy. I don't know how long we suppose to wait for e mail

Timeline
4 minutes ago, manisali45 said:

Did you call the embassy. I don't know how long we suppose to wait for e mail

I haven't. I will try tomorrow, but I can only call from work. 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, tab0712 said:

I haven't. I will try tomorrow, but I can only call from work. 

I live in USA.I text to my fiancee to call the embassy.hopefully she will get an answer tomorrow.can you let me know after you call the embassy.thanks

Edited by manisali45

13 hours ago, Missabc said:

As if things couldn't get more stressful, my fiance just called me saying he has had to call in sick to work today as he's been sick all morning. His employers are AWFUL to say the least and have given him grief for having just this day off, bare in mind he hasn't had a sick day since he started working at this company (July 2016). He's only had a holiday to fly to the UK in February which they are now holding against him, oh and not to mention they are moaning about him having 4 days of in October for our wedding and haven't even approved it yet. He's really stressed out now because he thinks they are going to fire him for having a day off. I'm absolutely panicking now being so close to our approval, all my mind is thinking now is 'I'm never going to be with him' 

Does anybody have any advise for if the worst does happen... he gets fired? :(

I have some advice, But first, I would like to say I am sorry that you are having to deal with both the waiting and the slave drivers he works for that belong back in the 1800s on a plantation. When are we going to wake up as collective humans and realize that with all of the current technology, computers, automation, most all of this unnecessary work, stress, money, labor for a wage, the wage for the things could be made obsolete?! Restricting access to things, people, etc based on money is just another form of discrimination that's yet to be acknowledged. 

Ok, done with my rant!

If you have done the I-134 (affidavit of support), my lawyer said it's good for a year. I really don't trust him, but it's something. 

I have worried about the same thing. I think it's one of the main things I have been stressing about for the past year.

Edited by TriloByte

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

5 minutes ago, R❤️S said:

Hi sis and brothers! Thank God and Praise the lord! My interview goes well in US Embassy. My result is APPROVED! :jest:

That is GREAT! Best feeling ever?

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

13 hours ago, Missabc said:

As if things couldn't get more stressful, my fiance just called me saying he has had to call in sick to work today as he's been sick all morning. His employers are AWFUL to say the least and have given him grief for having just this day off, bare in mind he hasn't had a sick day since he started working at this company (July 2016). He's only had a holiday to fly to the UK in February which they are now holding against him, oh and not to mention they are moaning about him having 4 days of in October for our wedding and haven't even approved it yet. He's really stressed out now because he thinks they are going to fire him for having a day off. I'm absolutely panicking now being so close to our approval, all my mind is thinking now is 'I'm never going to be with him' 

Does anybody have any advise for if the worst does happen... he gets fired? :(

I'm sorry to hear that more stress has been added to your journey.  Hopefully his employer will get their collective heads out of their asses and learn how to treat employees.  In terms of his sick time here is what I found about Texas law:

"There is no Texas law requiring private sector employers to provide employees sick leave, paid or unpaid, although many employers do grant it as an important employee benefit. It is important to remember, however, that if sick leave is promised, an employer may have a legal obligation to grant it. Employers should regularly review policy statements made in handbooks or elsewhere to ensure that they accurately reflect current policies. If not, they should be changed, and employees must be notified of the changes."

So, if his employer does offer sick time and then tries to terminate him for using it, they will be in a heap of legal trouble.  I know that doesn't help to calm your nerves about what happens if they do fire him but I hope it shows that if they make the attempt, he would have some recourse against them depending on the company's sick time policy.

Now, worse case scenario, he is fired but is able to find another job.  As long as his new job is above the income guideline, you'll still be fine.  For London, all he will need is a letter from his employer stating his position and 2 pay stubs.  He might also want to give you an updated G325a to take to the interview with his new employer information.  I'm sure if you search the forums you'll be able to find other people who have changed jobs/been terminated during this process and were still successful in making it through.  I think you may even still be able to add a cosponsor if needed at the interview stage due to any changes in circumstances.  That could get you through a job transition phase as well while he finds a position that he likes and before you need to file for AOS.

I understand this is the last thing you need now added to the stress of waiting for your NOA2 but this is certainly not the end of your journey, just a potential hiccup in the road.  There are a few ways around it IF it happens but I have my fingers crossed that it won't be an issue.

K1 Condensed Timeline:

02/27/17 - I-129F sent; 03/10/17 - NOA1 hard copy received; 06/15/17 - NOA2 hard copy received; 07/16/17 - NVC processing completed; 08/24/17 - Interview (Approved); 09/04/17 - Visa in Hand; 10/26/17 - POE; 12/20/17 - Marriage

AOS Condensed Timeline:

02/06/18 - I-485 sent; 02/20/18 - NOA1 hard copy received; 03/09/18 - Biometrics Completed; 04/21/18 - Interview Appointment Letter Received; 05/14/18 - Interview; 06/08/18 - Approved/Card in Production; 06/16/18 - GC Received

RoC Condensed Timeline:

3/10/20 - I-751 sent; 3/20/20 - NOA received - LIN; 3/10/21 - Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Reused; 4/05/21 - New Card is Being Produced

N400

03/25/21 - Application filed online; 01/15/22 - Interview Scheduled Notification;  02/22/22 - Interview; 02/22/22 - Interview Passed and Same Day Oath Ceremony.  DONE!!!

Timeline

I posted this on the K1 main page, but I got one response and they said to read the guide. I did gaze at it, but as it's been mentioned, the guides on VJ are outdated and I rather get guidance from those going through or recently went through the application. It's long, so PLEASE, help where you can 

I-134 help needed and any other tips and tricks. Using my father as co sponsor who is retired. 

A- Do I put the USCIS number provided in the NOA1 on part 1 question 10 (USCIS online account number)? What about my father who is the co sponsor?
B- Do I enter information into part 1 question 12? "I am ____ years of age and have resided I-134... 
C- Do I put the USCIS number provided in the NOA1 on part 1 question 10 (USCIS online account number)? What about my father who is the co sponsor?
D- Do I enter information into part 1 question 12? "I am ____ years of age and have resided in the United States since_____"
E - Part 3 Income and Asset Information...do I leave my annual income at zero, as I haven't earned US dollars in 8years? I work and earn local wages in Mexico. For my father, would he put his yearly income her get from his Social Security from retirement? 
F - Part 3 question 26-29...does this pertain to the currant person I am petitioning? As a co sponsor, does my dad also fill this out for my fiance?
G- Question 38..seems like a trick question. Why would anyone check off "I do not intend to make specific contributions"?
H- Parts 5 and 6 and all places that pertain to children (since none are involved), do we leave these all blank, or put N/A into ever single cell? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.