5,920 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, swalker said:

Just got an email and am a bit confused. I called the NVC three or so days ago, and they said they hadn't gotten to our case yet. We weren't even in the system, supposedly. I want to update my timeline, because it keeps me on track/sane. What exactly is this (consulate received?) the email that states: 

Dear Madam:

The IV Unit in Buenos Aires received the I-129F petition that you filed for your fiancée. Please find attached the instructions and information to apply for the visa...

Still no NVC status for us 20 days after NOA2. Hopefully this means they're processing the cases even if they're not making it into the system... :clock:

Edited by kevination

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 minutes ago, kevination said:

Still no NVC status for us 20 days after NOA2. Hopefully this means they're processing the cases even if they're not making it into the system... :clock:

Did us February filers send their workers and systems into another dimension??? Nothing for us has been as formal and streamlined as any month prior to ours. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
5 minutes ago, xomwxot@yahoo.com said:

I even sent them an email and asked if our case is touched but not heard anything from them 

Don't hold your breath. I sent emails months ago. Still waiting for responses for some, and got a response that had nothing to do with my question to another. Ridiculous!!!!

10 hours ago, tab0712 said:

Don't hold your breath. I sent emails months ago. Still waiting for responses for some, and got a response that had nothing to do with my question to another. Ridiculous!!!!

This is really not the real face of the country I used to live there for a while. Everything was really nice. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
14 minutes ago, kevination said:

I think so. Our NOA2 was May 22 and it's been dead silence ever since.  Now to have our stuff literally sitting in Argentina after hearing earlier in the week NVC didn't know we even existed...it's a bit surreal.

16 minutes ago, tab0712 said:

Did us February filers send their workers and systems into another dimension??? Nothing for us has been as formal and streamlined as any month prior to ours. 

Right?!!

1 hour ago, tab0712 said:

I was just thinking the same damn thing. Everything worked a certain way for month and months until it was my turn (us feb. filers turn). Then the online tracker stopped working. Dealt with it. Then, NOA2 came, we expected the average wait time as months prior, nope, now there's a new electronic goof up system in place slowing things down again. And aren't electronic systems supposed to be better? Strange, strange, strange!

Edited by TriloByte

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Quick question. What is the NVC phone number that people here have had success with (the phone agent saying received)? 

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
16 hours ago, SugarLai said:

Hi all,do you know how long our non-criminal record will be available? Because I made 3 copies at the beginning when I applied for k1,I don't know if I need to renew or not,thanks

The best way, is check the embassy web site, they should provide that information. I know US embassy in Russia said is good for 1 year. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi. We sent our RFE this week and the usps tracking showed it was delivered today to California. Does anyone know:

• roughly how long it takes for them to update status to "response to RFE has been recieved"

• how long it takes for them to work on the RFE?

I'm such a nervous wreck all the time. 🙈 wish i wasn't such a worrier 

Timeline
23 hours ago, HoneyMar said:

I have a  NOA1 date of 2/28/2017.   Just sent in evidence re: an RFE.  It arrived at the CSC today.  I hope to be approved within a week.  But, no, at this point you are not the only one.  And I think there are quite a few Feb. folks still waiting for NOA2.  My prayers for you and us all.

Hey I our RFE was delivered to the uscis today. Waiting on some update on case tracker. Do you know how long it takes for them to notify you?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

So contacting congresswoman didn't help me. They emailed them and just quoted the processing times....And everytime I try to use infopass theres no available appointments....I am completely defeated...

Timeline
38 minutes ago, ChristaandJosh said:

Hi. We sent our RFE this week and the usps tracking showed it was delivered today to California. Does anyone know:

• roughly how long it takes for them to update status to "response to RFE has been recieved"

• how long it takes for them to work on the RFE?

I'm such a nervous wreck all the time. 🙈 wish i wasn't such a worrier 

They don't update the case tracker 😒 They only update it to "recieved" and nothing beyond for a RFE- mine was recieved 25th may.

it was approved on 5th June but we didn't get the letter until the 9th!

that tracker doesn't like good news!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hello everybody I have a question, my fiancé received a letter from NVC and in this letter I found a link, I opened this link and I wrote my number case, and it shows me  my case is READY, in other words, it arrived to the embassy in country, my question is I called my embassy of appointment and they said I need to pay 265$ for this appointment and register in a website, after that I can program my appointment. I am not sure if I need to pay, I felt DS 160, my attorney told me I need to wait, but I am not sure. Please someone received her letter with the date for the appoiment?? If yes, please tell me if in the requirement you need to pay 265$ and feel DS 160. 

I will be very greatful fot your help.

Thank you!

Mily

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Milyta said:

Hello everybody I have a question, my fiancé received a letter from NVC and in this letter I found a link, I opened this link and I wrote my number case, and it shows me  my case is READY, in other words, it arrived to the embassy in country, my question is I called my embassy of appointment and they said I need to pay 265$ for this appointment and register in a website, after that I can program my appointment. I am not sure if I need to pay, I felt DS 160, my attorney told me I need to wait, but I am not sure. Please someone received her letter with the date for the appoiment?? If yes, please tell me if in the requirement you need to pay 265$ and feel DS 160. 

I will be very greatful fot your help.

Thank you!

Mily

Every embassy is different, but I know that for India, the visa fee has to be paid before the interview can be made. After the payment is received, they give a receipt number that is used in setting up the appointment. Sounds like it is the same for Peru. The same goes for the DS160 - it has to be filled out online before making the appointment. I'm not sure why your attorney would tell you to wait... I would do whatever the embassy website tells you to do.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.