meemee1

I-130 February 2017 filers

1,117 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi, I'm so happy that I found some Feb fliers so I don't feel so alone in this whole process.

Edited by luvzclarinet

CR2

Step -Child

PD           10/2/17

Approval  3/23/18

NVC Received 4/12/18

Case # Received 6/11/18

2 hours ago, luvzclarinet said:

Hi, I'm so happy that I found some Feb fliers so I don't feel so alone in this whole process.

I'm sure it's how we all feel :)

Some January filers told me that we can start looking at NVC preparation while we sit and wait around.

Maybe we should start talking about plans we have apart from sitting at home waiting for the approval for ourselves / our spouse!

I'm planning to complete 2 short courses starting from May and it will occupy a good 16 weeks for me :D

Please share!

Timeline
6 hours ago, Nattie_Bry said:

Some January filers told me that we can start looking at NVC preparation while we sit and wait around.

Maybe we should start talking about plans we have apart from sitting at home waiting for the approval for ourselves / our spouse!

I'm planning to complete 2 short courses starting from May and it will occupy a good 16 weeks for me :D

Please share!

Oh that sounds great!  Waiting around not being occupied makes the wait feel so much longer. 

I work, so that takes up a pretty good chunk of my time but would like to start studying as well. 

CR2

Step -Child

PD           10/2/17

Approval  3/23/18

NVC Received 4/12/18

Case # Received 6/11/18

On 3/22/2017 at 3:12 AM, Nattie_Bry said:

It's indeed unusual but have you also tracked other cases (put a number from 1 to 200 in the box next to your case number) , what is the result?

For example if you put 10, you will get results of my number and the next 10 case numbers (if my number is ABC12345, i will get results from ABC12345 to ABC12354)

I tried that as well and within 50 cases only 3 did not have validation errors. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
10 hours ago, Nattie_Bry said:

Please share!

That's good I am planning on working and going to visit my husband for a few weeks in June. I also have been looking into planning for NVC and sideloading.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

So I just checked my timeline and noticed the estimated approval date went up by 2 weeks. Before it was August 20th something through September 5th and now it's September 1-15. Did anyone else's change? 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Cuba
Timeline
2 hours ago, scarlett262004 said:

So I just checked my timeline and noticed the estimated approval date went up by 2 weeks. Before it was August 20th something through September 5th and now it's September 1-15. Did anyone else's change? 

Mine moved forward by two weeks (March 28th-April 13th). That seems really fast. I hope it's right, but I'm doubting it :)

CR-1 Visa

Service Center: Texas

Consulate: Cuba  Colombia. Thanks, Trump!

Marriage: 12/31/2016

I-130 Sent: 3/2/2017

I-130 NOA1: 3/8/2017

USCIS Approval Date: 8/29/17

NOA2 hardcopy received: 9/5/2017

NOA2 issued date: 8/26/2017

Notice from USCIS Sent to NVC: 9/11/2017

NVC Received: 9/21/2017

Case Number and Invoice Number Available: 9/22/2017

Welcome Letter: 9/27/17

Received Invoices for AOS and IV and Paid Both (No DS-261 as I have a lawyer): 9/27/2017 

DS-260 Unlocked: 9/29/2017

DS-260 Submitted: 10/5/17

IV & AOS Packages Mailed: 10/5/17

Packages Physically Arrived at NVC10/10/17

Scan Date: 10/11/17

Case Complete: 11/20/17

Case Complete Email: 11/28/17

Interview Date Received: 1/31/18

Interview: 3/27/18- Approved!

POE: 4/5/18, LAX

SSN Card Received: 4/16/18

2-Year Green Card Received: 4/21/18

ROC

Package Sent: 1/13/20

NOA1 (MSC): 1/16/20

Biometrics Notice: 1/31/20

Biometrics Appt: 2/12/20 (walked in early 2/6)

Interview Ready to Be Scheduled: 10/21/20

Interview Scheduled: 5/12/21

Interview Date: 6/17/21 - Approved!

New Card is Being Produced: 6/17/21

Card Was Mailed to You: 6/21/21

Case Was Approved: 6/22/21

Card Was Picked Up by USPS: 6/23/21

Card in Hand: 6/24/21

7 hours ago, scarlett262004 said:

I think it should be faster than that! I was reading some other threads those Sep 16' filers said once their case hit 6 months USCIS will have to do something to speed it up and now they got transferred and are getting approved!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Good evening my fellow February Filers, I've taken up a part time job to occupy my time, so I won't be sitting around my place waiting on this process to end quickly so that my baby and I can finally be together...The best part of this waiting period, I will be seeing him in 5 months while in process...So excited!! My suggestion is to pick up a hobby or part time job to keep busy and plus it never hurts to make extra money...

Timeline

Gym 6 times a week for me ... im getting ripped for my wife lol 

Planning to see her couple of times in the next 6 months though :)

26 minutes ago, lazybones18 said:

Gym 6 times a week for me ... im getting ripped for my wife lol 

Planning to see her couple of times in the next 6 months though :)

Wow that's a good plan, my husband and i also planning to get very fit while we wait.

I have not felt the desperation yet as he will leave me and head home in 5 weeks but i cannot imagine how it is gonna be for us after...

Timeline
20 hours ago, scarlett262004 said:

I think this thing is a little wacky, my original estimated approval date was March 26th - Mar 28th. Now its at Feb 28th -March 16th. ? Which has already passed.

I'm not placing much reliance on this though.

CR2

Step -Child

PD           10/2/17

Approval  3/23/18

NVC Received 4/12/18

Case # Received 6/11/18

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

hey guys! our packets were mailed feb 22 and in receipt of uscis feb 24. hard copy noa1 dated march 6 and just today our case status is finally searchable on the website so thats nice!! lol. biometrics appt is set for this monday, then comes the rest of the waiting game : ) good luck everybody, glad to be here with you all

married! , 18 nov 16
vwp aos priority , 27 feb 17 {1}
noa1 , 6 mar 17
biometrics , 27 mar 17
rdy for interview , 1 may 17
interview , 26 oct 17 {241} ezpz!
approved! , 17 nov 17 {263}
gc rec'd , 27 nov 17

Timeline
2 minutes ago, oncoming traffic said:

hey guys! our packets were mailed feb 22 and in receipt of uscis feb 24. hard copy noa1 dated march 6 and just today our case status is finally searchable on the website so thats nice!! lol. biometrics appt is set for this monday, then comes the rest of the waiting game : ) good luck everybody, glad to be here with you all

biometrics appt ?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, lazybones18 said:

biometrics appt ?

yeah for photos and fingerprints and stuff. for concurrent 485 filing

married! , 18 nov 16
vwp aos priority , 27 feb 17 {1}
noa1 , 6 mar 17
biometrics , 27 mar 17
rdy for interview , 1 may 17
interview , 26 oct 17 {241} ezpz!
approved! , 17 nov 17 {263}
gc rec'd , 27 nov 17

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.