meemee1

I-130 February 2017 filers

1,117 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
1 hour ago, Nattie_Bry said:

Happy new year all!! Husband was originally planning on picking me up on this trip, but i have to round up work and family stuff but hey, VISA ON HAND!!!!!!:jest:

Wish everyone a speedy approval along the journey and thanks again for all supports and blessings we have received!!!:dance:

Congrats!🍾🥂

How was the interview? If u dnt mind me asking.

2 hours ago, Achibaibe said:

Congrats!🍾🥂

How was the interview? If u dnt mind me asking.

Thanks! Interview went well i posted the detailed report on my timeline. Since my country is one of a few new paperless system i received no package just a piece of paper and the visa.

They also used my case as training purpose during the interview which made me extra nervous but the questions were pretty standard.

One thing to note is they automatically assign a translator to everyone but i deliberately spoke to the local officers who collected my documents in English so they wont assign me a translator because i noticed that they sometimes leave out information during translation. (and there is no privacy it's a big room everyone in the line get to witness your interview lol)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 1/4/2018 at 7:29 PM, Lazybones18 said:

Morning -

Birth Certificate (NADRA) , NIkkah Namma (Nadra, Urdu, English ), I-864EZ, passport page of beneficiary and petitioner, 2 pictures of beneficiary, I sideloaded the application ( Further proof of bonafide marriage) W2, tax transcripts, job letter, pay stubs

Why w2?  if you send irs tax transcripts then there is any need of w2?? nvc did not ask for bonafide marriage proof. 

On 1/6/2018 at 4:47 AM, meemee1 said:

No there we're no extra documents required  but we did send some more of our  chat logs, pictures, letters from our family and boarding passes just to send more evidence.

Ok great thanx again!

On 1/7/2018 at 10:16 PM, Nattie_Bry said:

Happy new year all!! Husband was originally planning on picking me up on this trip, but i have to round up work and family stuff but hey, VISA ON HAND!!!!!!:jest:

Wish everyone a speedy approval along the journey and thanks again for all supports and blessings we have received!!!:dance:

Congratulations!!! What a great way to start the new year. 

Quick question for anyone who may know. I called NVC yesterday an was told they still have no case # for me but I did receive 1 this morn as it was forward to a supervisor yesterday. How long until I receive a email with the next steps from them???

4 hours ago, Tquan said:

Quick question for anyone who may know. I called NVC yesterday an was told they still have no case # for me but I did receive 1 this morn as it was forward to a supervisor yesterday. How long until I receive a email with the next steps from them???

Did they give you a case # + invoice #? I had the invoice# when i called them then it took a while for them to create a case# but turns out the email came right after they created it before we tried to call.

If you already have both numbers you can just start logging in to the system. https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx

5 hours ago, Tquan said:

if you have your  invoice number and case number, then check if they unlock DS-261 and AOS payment portal for you. You can start with that

link for  nvc process: https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/

Then also go through this link and get an idea about NVC process

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

6 hours ago, Pavel1982 said:

if you have your  invoice number and case number, then check if they unlock DS-261 and AOS payment portal for you. You can start with that

link for  nvc process: https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/

Then also go through this link and get an idea about NVC process

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Ok great so no need to wait for a email or welcome packet??

5 hours ago, Tquan said:

Ok great so no need to wait for a email or welcome packet??

As I have mentioned before, if  they have unlock the portal, then you don't have to. You can just go ahead start the process

Edited by Pavel1982

Hi to all hope the new year is bringing approvals for all. If anyone is familiar with the same situation please assist. As the US citizen I filed i -130 for my husband an I'm trying to collect financial documents for the NVC but I was residing outside of the US for yrs how or what documents can I submit???? NVC rep. Wasn't that helpful.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, np2fast said:

Received our interview date. 1 month out but super excited that this is the last of it. 

Medical is next week. 

Looks like we were both booked at the same time! Congrats!!!!!!

I woke up to the most wonderful news our interview is booked for Feb 13! It took a full month from case complete to when I received the interview email. I can't begin to explain how relieved we are to finally get to this stage (370 days from NOA1).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Ok i know this has nothing 2 do with the petition i was approved bck in oct. For the i130 we been working on weiver .601a There was a misunderstood so we got 3 months behind meaning we didnt do nothing for 3 months abput it so till now we still waiting and papers medical records . Has anybody go tru this?? The weiver? I enter illegally been married with us citizen for almost 5 years now and have 3 kids together. How long weiver is been taking 2 get approved once sent? 

I'm wondering if anyone has come across an issue w/ NVC? We are using an attorney, and they told me not to call NVC because they were going to do that for us. Our NOA2 was dated 12/08/2017. My patience ran out yesterday and I called NVC only to find out that they don't have any record of our case. I immediately contacted our attorney and they have now sent an email to nvcresearch@state.gov. 

My concern now is if my case is...lost...(God forbid that!). Has anyone had this issue? What should we expect? I'm a wreck here. Our case took FOREVER to get approved and now NVC doesn't have it. :(  

Thanks again for your input on this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.