meemee1

I-130 February 2017 filers

1,117 posts in this topic

On 2/24/2017 at 9:46 PM, MrChamploo said:

I will follow this thread and help where i can. Any questions i will answer.

Be patient and keep busy! Plan ahead always look towards the next step.

Make sure you have a basic knowledge what is needed through the entire process,educate yourself.

I did my i130 application back in February 2017 and got an noa1 on February 27. But I did it with an immigration agency, I wanted to send photos but they suggested I do that when nvc contacts me. My wife is from the Philippines and we've been married since September 2016. 

And my case was sent to Texas, justvworried they won't send me an RFE 

and i I wanted to prepare for my nvc documents early, would I have to get a copy of both my W2 for last 3 years and also tax scripts or just either one? 

Im hoping they go based on me making really good enough on my pay stubs instead of what's in my banks account too . 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Dilorena said:

http://www.***removed***/directory/servicecenters.html

in theory, you should get assigned a service center based on where you live, although it is not always the case. 

but it makes sense that different centers process specific regions. They say they try to balance their workload (or so they think they do) so you can get assigned a different service center at random. That's your opinion, fine. Even if it's a long shot, I'm calling to see if there was a mistake and we can get sent to Texas which is our jurisdiction.  If not, then I'll continue to wait. No harm done.  

you should definitely try ..

i would try ANYTHING to save time right now lol ...

6 minutes ago, Dilorena said:

http://www.***removed***/directory/servicecenters.html

in theory, you should get assigned a service center based on where you live, although it is not always the case. 

but it makes sense that different centers process specific regions. They say they try to balance their workload (or so they think they do) so you can get assigned a different service center at random. That's your opinion, fine. Even if it's a long shot, I'm calling to see if there was a mistake and we can get sent to Texas which is our jurisdiction.  If not, then I'll continue to wait. No harm done.  

No harm in checking... this process is so random and nothing is by the book, maybe you will talk to someone in a good mood that day :)

@lazybones18 @injejo14 I know it's quite unlikely, but still, it takes one phone call and hopefully someone in a good mood like you said.  Everything about this seems surreal. I try to remain positive and travel as much as I can, but the only thing I want (and I'm sure this is true for most) is to be with my husband :( 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

➺ 01/07/17 Got married in Cozumel

➺ 02/04/17 Petition mailed 

➺ 02/08/17 Case Assigned to USCIS Nebraska, sigh. 

➺ 02/13/17 We got our NOA1! PD: February 8th 

➺ 12/15/17 NOA2 finally! after 10 1/2 months. 

➺ 12/21/17 NVC confirmed they received our file 

➺ 01/22/18 Documents sent to Rapidvisa 

➺ 02/05/18  NVC received our package 

03/15/18 Case complete! 

06/27/18  We got our Interview date! August 28th 

08/30/18 The package arrived (waited at Juarez)

08/31/18 Entered the U.S with my husband 

➺ 02/13/19 Husband confesses he cheated, leaves

➺ 02/16/19 Husband decides to abandon the marriage

➺ 05/13/19  I am officially divorced. 

➺ 07/03/20  I file to remove conditions on my own     

➺ 08/13/21 I finally get my biometrics appointment 

➺ 02/26/22 I got my interview assigned: March 31st. 

💜Owner of Miss Lore Tattoos 💜

www.missloretattoos.com   Instagram.com/missloretattoos 

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

200w.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

It's true if go on the USCIS website and go to service centers then you can enter your zip code and it will tell you what service center is for that area. As you can see in the pic for Missouri it's Nebraska service center for me. 

IMG_3570.PNG

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
14 minutes ago, skarim6 said:

WE JUST GOT APPROVED!!!!!!!! PD was February 22nd and NOA2 is July 17th, 2017. 

Wuhuuuu! Congrats and thanks for sharing (:  

Kudos to Potomac. 

19 minutes ago, skarim6 said:

WE JUST GOT APPROVED!!!!!!!! PD was February 22nd and NOA2 is July 17th, 2017. 

Congratulations @skarim6

Edited by Alan & Alicia

3 hours ago, lazybones18 said:

you should definitely try ..

i would try ANYTHING to save time right now lol ...

I sure wish that was the case I live in TX and mine was sent to Nebraska 🙈🙈🙈

18 hours ago, Mr and Mrs Eze said:

It's 5 months plus now...Potomac 15th February 2017 and  no response yet. 

my heart beating fast...

can't wait to get off this stage. 

God knows the best.. 

Am still waiting and my pd is feb9 in potomac

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

As of july 14, 2017, our case has been approved. PD: February 16, 2017. You guys is so supportive. You never see post because im a little shy. Anyway, this journey is not over for all of us. I wish everyone the best and many blessings :wub:

6 hours ago, lazybones18 said:

I am from california and was sent to Texas service center ... people are getting assigned service centers that do not correspond to their geographical location ...

I do see some patterns in there, at least for our month, California usually got sent to Texas and i saw other people from Texas got sent to Nebraska...

Got to be some location thing just not any would make sense to us though.

6 hours ago, Dilorena said:

@lazybones18 @injejo14 I know it's quite unlikely, but still, it takes one phone call and hopefully someone in a good mood like you said.  Everything about this seems surreal. I try to remain positive and travel as much as I can, but the only thing I want (and I'm sure this is true for most) is to be with my husband :( 

Hey Dilorena

Please make sure you check with them and ask around up front before you make any moves. I randomly cruise around this forum and i remember seeing people mentioning the below:

- Congressman inquiry will delay the case for 30 days if it's not already approved because it would take time for USCIS first reply to congressman then look at your case

- You can always request a transfer, but it would reset your queue in the centre 

I do not have enough knowledge to verify these sayings but i just feel it's safer to stay put..... But i do understand you would want to try everything to get the process done and be with your husband.

Hopefully you will hear good news soon!

Edited by Nattie_Bry

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.