meemee1

I-130 February 2017 filers

1,117 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Tquan said:

Hi to all quick question do u think all those documents are necessary I mean chat logs, rental agreement, I mean I believe we all would have originally submitted most of those documents prior. Pictures and what not are they necessary as well???? I'm just asking I've been married for 6yrs together for 14 with 3 children but this process requires so much. I plan going back for the interview as well. Guess I need to start gathering more documents if they are needed😞

Don't worry  much :) But I get it, this process is super stressful. 6 years, together for 14 and 3 kids is a lot! and that's good. I'm sure you have more than enough co-mingling /financial evidence, which bares way more weight for immigration than pictures. A good combination of it all is desired, but there's no rule that says you need to send/show a certain amount of evidence or photos of you guys together. If you did send most, especially those showing your lives together I'm sure you'll be just fine. It's always a good idea to keep saving those, and anything new you gather, for the interview stage. But since you are an R1, you won't have to go trough removal of conditions like many of us. Which is also a huge positive!  

3 hours ago, Loray Thomas said:

@Dilorena I am going back to Lagos in August, so I will be adding new pics, submitting new chat logs, phone logs, Rental lease agreement, recent bank joint account, Visa stamp for this last trip, etc...I am going to send that off with the AOS and IV packages...Basically just submitting new stuff to show our ongoing marital union..I also plan on going back for his interview when that time comes as well...Lagos is a very difficult Consulate, so one must be very prepared..Also a big thanks to dwheels because this woman is very knowledgeable when it comes to this process...As you said it is all about doing it the legal way and being honest...Wishing you and yours some luck and let's keep in touch with our process....

I've read how it's such a complicated, tough Consulate :( I'm so sorry you have to go through that. Every embassy is different, I have to go through Juarez which isn't as bad, but they are disorganized and have issues regarding tattoos and I'm... a tattoo artist, fun. That's good! From what I've heard, traveling to see each other and documenting said trips is a big part of it, a lot of couples can't make it due to financial difficulties and unfortunately immigration doesn't care if you can't visit your spouse. I'm glad you can :) and being there for the interview is also a big plus. You'll see how it all works out for the best and this eventually will be a distant memory, that will help you appreciate your marriage even more. 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

➺ 01/07/17 Got married in Cozumel

➺ 02/04/17 Petition mailed 

➺ 02/08/17 Case Assigned to USCIS Nebraska, sigh. 

➺ 02/13/17 We got our NOA1! PD: February 8th 

➺ 12/15/17 NOA2 finally! after 10 1/2 months. 

➺ 12/21/17 NVC confirmed they received our file 

➺ 01/22/18 Documents sent to Rapidvisa 

➺ 02/05/18  NVC received our package 

03/15/18 Case complete! 

06/27/18  We got our Interview date! August 28th 

08/30/18 The package arrived (waited at Juarez)

08/31/18 Entered the U.S with my husband 

➺ 02/13/19 Husband confesses he cheated, leaves

➺ 02/16/19 Husband decides to abandon the marriage

➺ 05/13/19  I am officially divorced. 

➺ 07/03/20  I file to remove conditions on my own     

➺ 08/13/21 I finally get my biometrics appointment 

➺ 02/26/22 I got my interview assigned: March 31st. 

💜Owner of Miss Lore Tattoos 💜

www.missloretattoos.com   Instagram.com/missloretattoos 

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

200w.gif

7 minutes ago, Dilorena said:

Don't worry  much :) But I get it, this process is super stressful. 6 years, together for 14 and 3 kids is a lot! and that's good. I'm sure you have more than enough co-mingling /financial evidence, which bares way more weight for immigration than pictures. A good combination of it all is desired, but there's no rule that says you need to send/show a certain amount of evidence or photos of you guys together. If you did send most, especially those showing your lives together I'm sure you'll be just fine. It's always a good idea to keep saving those, and anything new you gather, for the interview stage. But since you are an R1, you won't have to go trough removal of conditions like many of us. Which is also a huge positive!  

I've read how it's such a complicated, tough Consulate :( I'm so sorry you have to go through that. Every embassy is different, I have to go through Juarez which isn't as bad, but they are disorganized and have issues regarding tattoos and I'm... a tattoo artist, fun. That's good! From what I've heard, traveling to see each other and documenting said trips is a big part of it, a lot of couples can't make it due to financial difficulties and unfortunately immigration doesn't care if you can't visit your spouse. I'm glad you can :) and being there for the interview is also a big plus. You'll see how it all works out for the best and this eventually will be a distant memory, that will help you appreciate your marriage even more. 

Thanks so much for the words of encouragement 😊. I'm watching Nebraska still slowly moving through November 2016. Hoping everyday I get that approval notice update. Trying to make it to Trinidad for that interview hoping it's this yr an not next year. So unpredictable. Best of luck to all. I promise I learn something new from someone every day on this forum 😊😊

@Tquan Nebraska really is a horrible center to be stuck at, I can't believe they haven't finished November applications! ugh ugh ugh.

that'd be great, never been to Trinidad! I bet it's amazing. I hope you do make it soon, Best of luck for you as well <3 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

➺ 01/07/17 Got married in Cozumel

➺ 02/04/17 Petition mailed 

➺ 02/08/17 Case Assigned to USCIS Nebraska, sigh. 

➺ 02/13/17 We got our NOA1! PD: February 8th 

➺ 12/15/17 NOA2 finally! after 10 1/2 months. 

➺ 12/21/17 NVC confirmed they received our file 

➺ 01/22/18 Documents sent to Rapidvisa 

➺ 02/05/18  NVC received our package 

03/15/18 Case complete! 

06/27/18  We got our Interview date! August 28th 

08/30/18 The package arrived (waited at Juarez)

08/31/18 Entered the U.S with my husband 

➺ 02/13/19 Husband confesses he cheated, leaves

➺ 02/16/19 Husband decides to abandon the marriage

➺ 05/13/19  I am officially divorced. 

➺ 07/03/20  I file to remove conditions on my own     

➺ 08/13/21 I finally get my biometrics appointment 

➺ 02/26/22 I got my interview assigned: March 31st. 

💜Owner of Miss Lore Tattoos 💜

www.missloretattoos.com   Instagram.com/missloretattoos 

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

200w.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
12 hours ago, Tquan said:

Hi to all quick question do u think all those documents are necessary I mean chat logs, rental agreement, I mean I believe we all would have originally submitted most of those documents prior. Pictures and what not are they necessary as well???? I'm just asking I've been married for 6yrs together for 14 with 3 children but this process requires so much. I plan going back for the interview as well. Guess I need to start gathering more documents if they are needed😞

@Tquan I front loaded for the I-130 heavily, but since my husband lives in a very high fraud country, it is very necessary for me to side load with new evidence showing an ongoing union..I don't know what country your spouse resides in because it doesn't say on your timeline, so I am not sure what or how much documents are necessary for you ....This was just something suggested to me and that I wanted to do since submitting documents with the I-130 back in February, we have accrued more evidence after the fact that will definitely be very beneficial to us...Also keep in mind that it's about quality and not quantity when submitting documents...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
9 hours ago, Dilorena said:

Very tough Consulate..I'm leaving no room for errors...😊😊

Hey so while us Feb filers are still waiting, does anyone know what other personal documentation is needed for the next phase after one receive's the NOA2?  Thanks!

7 minutes ago, Santorini622 said:

Hey so while us Feb filers are still waiting, does anyone know what other personal documentation is needed for the next phase after one receive's the NOA2?  Thanks!

This is the list you get with the NVC welcome letter! 

Edit: ignore the red circle I was asking about what it meant in another post - it means birth cert, passport and any previous marriage documentation! Fyi! 

IMG_7774.JPG

Edited by larnar1309

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
21 hours ago, Dilorena said:

@Tquan Nebraska really is a horrible center to be stuck at, I can't believe they haven't finished November applications! ugh ugh ugh.

that'd be great, never been to Trinidad! I bet it's amazing. I hope you do make it soon, Best of luck for you as well <3 

I know man , This sucks my PD is April 3rd and it went to Nebraska , of course,    seeing how Nebraska is still working on November files since last 2-3 months ,  seems like we won't be together for first marriage anniversary ( on Feb. 3rd )   ,  at this rate I'll get my NOA 2 around November to early December .... which will be like 8-9 months .. :(:(:(  

12 minutes ago, harsh2010 said:

I know man , This sucks my PD is April 3rd and it went to Nebraska , of course,    seeing how Nebraska is still working on November files since last 2-3 months ,  seems like we won't be together for first marriage anniversary ( on Feb. 3rd )   ,  at this rate I'll get my NOA 2 around November to early December .... which will be like 8-9 months .. :(:(:(  

Hopefully it's less than that for you , I know how it would feel to miss a wedding anniversary as mines is coming up too in September. But be hopeful 🙏🏼😕

Staying positive in this situation is hard. We were apart for our anniversary jus a few months ago but I did visit a month after. So try ur best to stay positive an take advantage of the time u do spend together when u make the trips😉

1 hour ago, Santorini622 said:

Hello there! It's rare to see fellow HKers!!

49 minutes ago, Tquan said:

Staying positive in this situation is hard. We were apart for our anniversary jus a few months ago but I did visit a month after. So try ur best to stay positive an take advantage of the time u do spend together when u make the trips😉

I cannot agree more. You think about what you want to get and we will be there very soon!

I got a bit upset i parted with husband again yesterday after visiting him for a week and it's been the greatest time ever.

Checking-in has been a bit of a hiccup but got in no problem. Now looking forward to see him in 3 months and we believe by then we will have moved on to the next process already!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.