meemee1

I-130 February 2017 filers

1,117 posts in this topic

On 4/5/2017 at 10:40 PM, Kesi said:

I'll be travelling under the VWP so thats fine. Apart from a return flight, I don't know how else to show them I'll be leaving. Just don't want to jeopardise the whole process

I don't think it would jeorpadize the process becasue we all have freedom to travel but i read from other threads that people has been denied entry or denied boarding the plane because they failed to convince the officer their intention for travel instead of overstaying.

I also read that you should bring along the NOA1 letter so you can explain you have been following the rules.

Some people who has visited during the process said the key is to always tell the truth.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
49 minutes ago, Lora18 said:

A lot of people from my FB group (november and december filers) are getting their NOA2's. Hang on guys, we're gonna be next soon!:rolleyes:

whats the FB group ?

Texas seems to be slowing down to me :(

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Received text msg Friday night that my wife's father's I-130 application was approved. Yah! Also, my wife told me that her father already received a letter from USCIS at his home in Manila.

IR5 - (Father-In-Law)

Feb. 2018 - Interview - Approved

Feb. 2018 - VISA Received!

May 6, 2018 - Arrived in the  U.S.! 

16 hours ago, Bruin85 said:

Received text msg Friday night that my wife's father's I-130 application was approved. Yah! Also, my wife told me that her father already received a letter from USCIS at his home in Manila.

Nice! Who is the petitioner, you or your wife?

How long did it take in total?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 4/9/2017 at 1:16 AM, Lora18 said:

A lot of people from my FB group (november and december filers) are getting their NOA2's. Hang on guys, we're gonna be next soon!:rolleyes:

Hey.. which facebook group are you talking about? 

Processing time on uscis website is updated and in the Texas service center it seems that they are processing spouse petitions for residents faster than citizens ? I don't see how that makes sense 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 4/18/2017 at 10:17 AM, Kevin and Belda said:

Processing time on uscis website is updated and in the Texas service center it seems that they are processing spouse petitions for residents faster than citizens ? I don't see how that makes sense 

Yes, i checked yesterday and noticed that as well...have no idea how that is possible!!

As of February 28, they are processing Sept 2, 2016 for US citizens and for permanent residents Oct 2, 2016. Does not make sense at all.

58f810554d43a_ScreenShot2017-04-19at9_34_53PM.png.e1c72d31d9ab4da4696ec4899771896c.png

CR2

Step -Child

PD           10/2/17

Approval  3/23/18

NVC Received 4/12/18

Case # Received 6/11/18

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 4/18/2017 at 10:17 AM, Kevin and Belda said:

Yes, i checked yesterday and noticed that as well...have no idea how that is possible!!

As of February 28, they are processing Sept 2, 2016 for US citizens and for permanent residents Oct 2, 2016. Does not make sense at all.

58f810554d43a_ScreenShot2017-04-19at9_34_53PM.png.e1c72d31d9ab4da4696ec4899771896c.png

CR2

Step -Child

PD           10/2/17

Approval  3/23/18

NVC Received 4/12/18

Case # Received 6/11/18

16 hours ago, waitin4mylove said:

It is probably because there are more filers who are US citizens than permanent residents. The workload is less and can move faster

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country:
Timeline

unfortunately no updates. i sent in my i-130 app on Feb 25, 2017. got my reciept letter in mail on March 6, 2017. have not heard anything since. getting super stressed. anyone got any updates? please keep me informed. thanks

Edited by skhal625

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.