stevensissy

London medical Question & thank you!!

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline
The medical for K1 visas is 170 pounds. I have no idea if it'd be the same for other visa types.

Apparently you can call ahead and book your medical if you have your London case number. I guess I'm old fashioned, just going to wait until we receive the instructions to do so (via packet 3). Thus, I've not looked up the number for the Knightsbridge Doctors yet. Looks like we're about a week behind you (NVC sent our case over on 3/29). :)

I have known people to recieve an interview date and then contact the embassy to say that date was not convenient for them - and they were assigned a new date. So that's a definite possibility for you (if it comes to that).

This may help too:

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/inde...&cty=London

Hi Tracey,

Thanks for your answer. I don't blame you waiting for packet 3. I will probably do the same. Something's bound to go wrong if I go ahead and book the medical's before they tell me.

Perhaps you could let me know when you hear from the Embassy? I will do the same for you if I hear first. At least it looks like I may be able to change the date of interview if I need to. Thanks.

Arnie.

Filed: Timeline
Helloooo

Yes we are another couple on the journey! We have only just dicovered the site in the last few weeks. We have found it so helpful and would like to say a big thank you to everyone fpr their contributions! and Goooood Luck!

So I have recieved here in the UK, Packet 3, I have returned step one forms to the London embassy and am now waiting on the return of my Police check so that I can get my interview date.

I called to the Knightsbridge office regarding my medical, as it says on my form to arrange medical asap as it is valid for one year etc. Anyways, I made appointment and the person took my cc details, then she asked me when my interview date is. Which at this point i do not have yet. The receptionist said sorry we cannot make any appointment until you have your interview date? Yet this is the opposite of what it says on the forms from the embassy!

I know in the whole scheme of things that this is a small question, yet i wanted to get the medical done asap!

Anyone else have this???

Thank you!

:D

Steve

The information we were given stated that you could schedule the medical yourself. The Embassy told us that you had to wait for your interview date to be set. In any case, you can have the medical AFTER the interview. We did and it was not a problem; our interview was on 11 Sep 2006 and the medical was later that afternoon; visa wasn't issued until 03 Oct.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

The medical for K1 visas is 170 pounds. I have no idea if it'd be the same for other visa types.

Apparently you can call ahead and book your medical if you have your London case number. I guess I'm old fashioned, just going to wait until we receive the instructions to do so (via packet 3). Thus, I've not looked up the number for the Knightsbridge Doctors yet. Looks like we're about a week behind you (NVC sent our case over on 3/29). :)

I have known people to recieve an interview date and then contact the embassy to say that date was not convenient for them - and they were assigned a new date. So that's a definite possibility for you (if it comes to that).

This may help too:

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/inde...&cty=London

Hi Tracey,

Thanks for your answer. I don't blame you waiting for packet 3. I will probably do the same. Something's bound to go wrong if I go ahead and book the medical's before they tell me.

Perhaps you could let me know when you hear from the Embassy? I will do the same for you if I hear first. At least it looks like I may be able to change the date of interview if I need to. Thanks.

Arnie.

That's sort of what I figured - that I'd somehow tick them off, or put the cart before the horse. Which might actually cause a delay (instead of speeding things along).

I'll keep my timeline updated - plus I'll probably post that in the UK forum here on the site. I think its taking about 2 weeks now to get in the system and receive the packet. My two weeks will be up Monday, but of course, we lost 2 days thanks to the Easter holiday. So my guess is sometime next week before we get the packet.

Good luck!

SA4userbar.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.