dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2017

1,353 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline
7 minutes ago, LilyAR said:

I has a similar conversation with a supervisor yesterday and this morning my case was completed! Hang in there it will happen.

Awesome!!!!!! Congrats to you and thanks for giving me some hope. Also, what happens after out case is completed? Is that when we get an email w interview date and details or we will get that by mail? Do you know if we will have to wait another 200 weeks ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
On 2/21/2017 at 9:49 PM, Ahmed & Amy said:

When you see us speaking about 3 N/A's, it means case complete. When you only have 2 then your case is not complete. You will see your 3rd N/A when you see under 'Affidavit of Support Fee' change from  'PAID' to 'N/A'.

I hope this helps. :)

Untitled.jpg

Thanks for this, it's very helpful.

Any idea of what the logic is of changing the Affidavit of Support Fee from PAID to N/A??

Doesn't seem intuitive.

October 2011: Met in Spain

2012-2014: Video chat + visas + visits and vacations = we made it through!

June 2014: Moved to Spain, got engaged 

December 31, 2015: got married

April 20, 2016: sent I130 package

May 2, 2016: package received in Chicago Lockbox - - - 12 days for delivery!! Don't use TNT couriers!! 

May 2nd or 5th, 2016: email NOA1... accepted and sent to.... NEBRASKA 

And now.... breeeeeeathe..... be like water my friend....

October 26th, 2016: NOA2 [We had waited almost 6 months. Received notification from the phone app, never got an email.]

November 9th 2016: USCIS sent the petition to NVC (app notification) [waited 2 weeks after approval for this]

November 25th 2016: NVC received and created account for our petition [waited 16 days after USCIS sent it, for NVC to acknowledge receipt]

Dec 1st 2016: Chose agent online DS261 [a few days later than it could've been since the above NVC email went to SPAM!]

Dec 6th 2016: Case available for paying fees. That was fast, I think! 5 days!

Took a long time to get package out because... life... and husband's family in Morocco had to travel to get police document.

Feb 20th 2017: Scan date at NVC, received weird email.

April 28th 2017: CHECKLIST. Moroccans are required to send a Court Report regardless of Police Record status. My husband had to go back to Morocco to get it in person. Also, NVC wants a 2016 tax return now that is 2017. My bad.

September 15th 2017: 2nd Scan Date at NVC. Sent for document review October 20th.

Nov 10th 2017: Email requesting document be brought to interview. Will schedule interview.

Case complete date??: TBD :clock:.... November 8th!!

Interview date : January 18, 2018!!           Result: Administrative Processing      :mellow:

Embassy called for new medical last week of August. New Medical Sept 10.

Visa ISSUED September 14, 2018. :blink:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Mojk said:

Omg same here :( I keep refreshing the page over and over again hoping to see the 3 N/A. I feel a little crazy to be honest ..

Yes my husband told me to stop refreshing it I'm making myself crazy. But I can't help it !!! Now I'm leaving work and am going to call them 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Just now, aspoison22 said:

Awesome!!!!!! Congrats to you and thanks for giving me some hope. Also, what happens after out case is completed? Is that when we get an email w interview date and details or we will get that by mail? Do you know if we will have to wait another 200 weeks ?

It will happen just wait and see. I would check tonight too. I have seen people get their cases completed minutes AFTER they get off the phone with a supervisor. We are suppose to received a letter/email from the NVC letting us know of our case being completed and then of our interview as soon as the embassy has opening but they typically start scheduling the last two days of the month and can run up to the first week of the new month (per what I have seen here)...luckily because February is a shorter month I have a feeling they may start as soon as Friday. I will be calling Friday to ask...no waiting for the letter as I have also seen people get their appointment over the phone before getting an email/letter.  Keeping my fingers crossed that you get case completed no later than tomorrow.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tanzania
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Spencerburgess said:

I am very confused and frustrated. We are doing EP as well and going through the Rio Embassy and we are now on our 9th week without a word.

Are we doing something wrong? Is anyone else in their 8+ weeks and doing Electronic processing?

How does this Electronic processing work?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 minute ago, Zee02 said:

How does this Electronic processing work?

Some of the instructions are found on this page: https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Submit_documents.html

If your case number is listed under email processing, you can submit your AOF, IV, and other documents through email to the NVC and it is supposedly quicker, some cases are approved within days, ours is on the 9th week (So far on track for the same timing as most of those who submitted through mail).

Interview date: April 19th, 2017

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tanzania
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Spencerburgess said:

Some of the instructions are found on this page: https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Submit_documents.html

If your case number is listed under email processing, you can submit your AOF, IV, and other documents through email to the NVC and it is supposedly quicker, some cases are approved within days, ours is on the 9th week (So far on track for the same timing as most of those who submitted through mail).

18 minutes ago, SabrinaJerome said:

Thanks for this, it's very helpful.

Any idea of what the logic is of changing the Affidavit of Support Fee from PAID to N/A??

Doesn't seem intuitive.

You're welcomed.

I don't know honestly :P But what I do know is that it's a sure way of knowing that you're case is complete once it changes to N/A.

Edited by Ahmed & Amy

1 hour ago, Nitchie22 said:

HELLO,

I have 3 N/As what does it mean? I'm on the phone right now. I can't keep calm. I notice the change just now.

Congratulations!! You got CC :) 

1 hour ago, Mojk said:

Omg same here :( I keep refreshing the page over and over again hoping to see the 3 N/A. I feel a little crazy to be honest ..

I know easier said than done, but keep your head up. You're almost there, I'm sure you will have your case complete any day now. Stay positive, and keep calling them. I wish you luck :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Duncan21 said:

I suggest you call NVC because it's been quite some time since your scan date.  Ask for a supervisor call back if none are available to speak.

Thanks for the advice! I just got off the phone with NVC rep. I asked to speak to a supervisor but she told me none are available. She said her supervisor told her to put another "supervisor review" flag on my case. Does that mean I have to wait another 6 weeks? o_O"

- scan date: Nov 15

- supervisor review: Jan 10

- review department: Jan 12

- 2nd supervisor review: Feb 22

Filed: EB-5 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
8 minutes ago, iristan said:

Thanks for the advice! I just got off the phone with NVC rep. I asked to speak to a supervisor but she told me none are available. She said her supervisor told her to put another "supervisor review" flag on my case. Does that mean I have to wait another 6 weeks? o_O"

Got the same response today. Another supervisor review. Thought i'd been on supervisor review for 3 weeks.

Edited by TeeA10

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 minutes ago, iristan said:

Excellent questions! I just got off the phone with them as well. Our case was already on "Supervisor review" and every-time we call they try to bring up the false checklist we got at the beginning, they put it on second supervisor review to find out what in the world is going on and I was told that because it was already on supervisor review it wouldn't restart the time. During our call today the rep said that because it was put on another supervisor review the time started over for six more weeks. 

They give such conflicting answers I wish they would just update their website with a SET standard and not just make guesses for each call. Our Congressman called today and got the same standard reply we always get. I am going to call back my congressman and speak with him directly to see if he can do anything more. What a mess.

Interview date: April 19th, 2017

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just called, got a supervisor. He was really nice. Told me it's still in the review department and just waiting to be looked at. He said I could call him back if anything but right now it's just waiting. Very vague and didn't give any timing just that it could be any day. They process it by dates but can't tell me what date they're on. ...

Filed: IR-5 Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline
52 minutes ago, LilyAR said:

It will happen just wait and see. I would check tonight too. I have seen people get their cases completed minutes AFTER they get off the phone with a supervisor. We are suppose to received a letter/email from the NVC letting us know of our case being completed and then of our interview as soon as the embassy has opening but they typically start scheduling the last two days of the month and can run up to the first week of the new month (per what I have seen here)...luckily because February is a shorter month I have a feeling they may start as soon as Friday. I will be calling Friday to ask...no waiting for the letter as I have also seen people get their appointment over the phone before getting an email/letter.  Keeping my fingers crossed that you get case completed no later than tomorrow.

That is very sweet of you! Thank you so much for all the good wishes and kind words. I will be praying for your interview to be scheduled as quick as possible too! Keep me updated about it all so i can send good vibes and prayers! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.