dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2017

1,353 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-5 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Nitchie22 said:

HELLO,

I have 3 N/As what does it mean? I'm on the phone right now. I can't keep calm. I notice the change just now.

Congratulations!! It means you likely have a Case Complete. Whats your scan date?

2 hours ago, AlexUA said:

Well, I'm at the 12th week but anyway, call each day, sometimes twice per day.  And fear what happens if the just lost it. 

I'm  on week 13. Hang in there!

2 hours ago, TeeA10 said:

Does anyone else, know that their cases are likely not completed (week 9), but still call NVC and stay on hold for 35+mins, to hear their case is on queue to be reviewed and so, no updates available? Or am i the only crazy one here?

You aren't crazy. I'm also getting the same response. I'm 10 weeks yesterday since scan date. I only call on Tuesdays and Thursdays and just check the website for the 3 N/As all other times.

I just try to stay positive knowing that other people who got their files scanned a week before mine are getting CC'd. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I just noticed today that the "Paid" status went to "N/A". After reading on here what that could mean, I called and was told my case completed today.

I am a little shocked because we had just submitted everything last week, so it seems like It could be a mistake because I see others here who have been waiting weeks.

Is it possible they made a mistake?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, lsu_mike said:

Update to an earlier post:

So, at week 7 I couldn't rmber if I had submitted my W2's with my AOS packet.  I called the NVC and the Rep told me to get them in ASAP if I didn't know for 100% sure if I included them.  I sent these before my  initial packet was reviewed, which has a scan date of 12/21. 

My concern was rhat that by doing this it would reset my original scan date.  After a few calls over 3 days and speaking with different reps, I found this not to be the case. 

I called this morning to verify they did receive the additional documents I sent.  Those were scanned on Friday, and my original package the was scanned 12/21 is still with a supervisor awaiting review.  

The rep did say that if the latest docs i sent are required, that the "8 week clock" started for them on Friday.   So by sending those in it did not reset

1 minute ago, Charlie_AnaLynn said:

You aren't crazy. I'm also getting the same response. I'm 10 weeks yesterday since scan date. I only call on Tuesdays and Thursdays and just check the website for the 3 N/As all other times.

I just try to stay positive knowing that other people who got their files scanned a week before mine are getting CC'd. 

Seeing all the cc's are making me check my n/a's over and over again. I'm so desperate to see it close. I'm on my 11th week ?

Filed: EB-5 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 minutes ago, lawsarcasm said:

I just noticed today that the "Paid" status went to "N/A". After reading on here what that could mean, I called and was told my case completed today.

I am a little shocked because we had just submitted everything last week, so it seems like It could be a mistake because I see others here who have been waiting weeks.

3 minutes ago, lawsarcasm said:

Did you do EP? That takes a couple of days to about a week.

4 minutes ago, lawsarcasm said:

Did you use email processing? If that is the case, cases with email processing are generally processed much faster than those processed through the mail.

CR-1 Visa Timeline

USCIS

7/27/2016: I-130 mailed.

8/02/2016: NOA1.

2/17/2017: NOA2.

2/24/2017: I-130 sent to NVC.

NVC

3/03/2017:  I-130 received.

3/09/2017: Case # and invoice # received, AOS and IV fees paid.

3/16/2017: DS-260 submitted; AOS and IV packets sent with EP.

4/06/2017: Case complete.

Consulate

4/15/2017: Interview email (P4).

5/09/2017: Medical.

5/15/2017: Interview.

5/19/2017: Visa in hand.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USA

5/20/2017: POE.

6/10/2017: Green card received.

7/05/2017: SSN card received (had to apply in person).  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lifting Conditions

4/19/2019: Filed I-751

5/01/2019: NOA (CSC)

7/22/2019: Case transferred to National Benefits Center

12/20/2019: Biometrics Appointment

2/12/2020: Interview Date

3 minutes ago, vintash said:

Omg same here :( I keep refreshing the page over and over again hoping to see the 3 N/A. I feel a little crazy to be honest ..

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 minute ago, cordoba2015 said:

Did you use email processing? If that is the case, cases with email processing are generally processed much faster than those processed through the mail.

Yes, I did do email processing. I guess that explains it?

Just now, lawsarcasm said:

Yes, I did do email processing. I guess that explains it?

Yep, Rio embassy? One of the few on the list allowed to use EP. We will be using it too once we get to that stage.

CR-1 Visa Timeline

USCIS

7/27/2016: I-130 mailed.

8/02/2016: NOA1.

2/17/2017: NOA2.

2/24/2017: I-130 sent to NVC.

NVC

3/03/2017:  I-130 received.

3/09/2017: Case # and invoice # received, AOS and IV fees paid.

3/16/2017: DS-260 submitted; AOS and IV packets sent with EP.

4/06/2017: Case complete.

Consulate

4/15/2017: Interview email (P4).

5/09/2017: Medical.

5/15/2017: Interview.

5/19/2017: Visa in hand.

USA

5/20/2017: POE.

6/10/2017: Green card received.

7/05/2017: SSN card received (had to apply in person).  

Lifting Conditions

4/19/2019: Filed I-751

5/01/2019: NOA (CSC)

7/22/2019: Case transferred to National Benefits Center

12/20/2019: Biometrics Appointment

2/12/2020: Interview Date

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
4 hours ago, LilyAR said:

OMG OMG OMG! Just I have 3 N/A's! I can't believe it! I knew it was going to happen this week! Calling NVC to confirm.

SCAN DATE: 12/6/16

SUPERVISOR REVIEW: 1/17/17

CASE COMPLETE: 2/22/17 (WILL CALL TO CONFIRM)

Very nice...congrats!

4 hours ago, Saheed said:

Glory be to Almighty God,I checked the website this afternoon and I got 3na's.i wish everyone that is waiting too to get their CC soon.Amen

Congratulations to you!

3 hours ago, Camdon said:

Yes got my cc today. 

Congrats!

3 hours ago, iristan said:

Congrats to everyone getting their CC's! Anyone else with a November (or earlier) scan date still waiting? My scan date is Nov 15.

I suggest you call NVC because it's been quite some time since your scan date.  Ask for a supervisor call back if none are available to speak.

3 hours ago, TeeA10 said:

Does anyone else, know that their cases are likely not completed (week 9), but still call NVC and stay on hold for 35+mins, to hear their case is on queue to be reviewed and so, no updates available? Or am i the only crazy one here?

Yep...that was my norm before my case was complete.

35 minutes ago, Nitchie22 said:

HELLO,

I have 3 N/As what does it mean? I'm on the phone right now. I can't keep calm. I notice the change just now.

Congratulations!

24 minutes ago, lawsarcasm said:

Congrats!!!  

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
11 hours ago, Thesmiths2016 said:

There's suddenly a lot more info available ... like when I log in to check my status it has links to information pages, and a case tracker "what's the next step" page. perhaps they've finally realised if they provide more information they get less enquiries.  Personally I'm quite impressed the changes, and I hope it allows them to have more time to get cases completed within the timeframe :-)
I think it probably was coincidental timing.
As a further piece of information .... I've submitted everything and today my case status showed from "AT NVC" to telling me to submit documents. Even though NVC has confirmed over the phone they received my packages.   I suspect they just keep telling you to make sure you've submitted everything until they've checked it all and given case complete.

I've just looked at the USPS mail tracker and it turns out the envelope was delivered AFTER the email was sent. So, indeed, it was a coincidence!!

They hadn't even seen our documents.

Whoda thunk it?

October 2011: Met in Spain

2012-2014: Video chat + visas + visits and vacations = we made it through!

June 2014: Moved to Spain, got engaged 

December 31, 2015: got married

April 20, 2016: sent I130 package

May 2, 2016: package received in Chicago Lockbox - - - 12 days for delivery!! Don't use TNT couriers!! 

May 2nd or 5th, 2016: email NOA1... accepted and sent to.... NEBRASKA 

And now.... breeeeeeathe..... be like water my friend....

October 26th, 2016: NOA2 [We had waited almost 6 months. Received notification from the phone app, never got an email.]

November 9th 2016: USCIS sent the petition to NVC (app notification) [waited 2 weeks after approval for this]

November 25th 2016: NVC received and created account for our petition [waited 16 days after USCIS sent it, for NVC to acknowledge receipt]

Dec 1st 2016: Chose agent online DS261 [a few days later than it could've been since the above NVC email went to SPAM!]

Dec 6th 2016: Case available for paying fees. That was fast, I think! 5 days!

Took a long time to get package out because... life... and husband's family in Morocco had to travel to get police document.

Feb 20th 2017: Scan date at NVC, received weird email.

April 28th 2017: CHECKLIST. Moroccans are required to send a Court Report regardless of Police Record status. My husband had to go back to Morocco to get it in person. Also, NVC wants a 2016 tax return now that is 2017. My bad.

September 15th 2017: 2nd Scan Date at NVC. Sent for document review October 20th.

Nov 10th 2017: Email requesting document be brought to interview. Will schedule interview.

Case complete date??: TBD :clock:.... November 8th!!

Interview date : January 18, 2018!!           Result: Administrative Processing      :mellow:

Embassy called for new medical last week of August. New Medical Sept 10.

Visa ISSUED September 14, 2018. :blink:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
35 minutes ago, lawsarcasm said:

I am very confused and frustrated. We are doing EP as well and going through the Rio Embassy and we are now on our 9th week without a word.

Are we doing something wrong? Is anyone else in their 8+ weeks and doing Electronic processing?

Edited by Spencerburgess

Interview date: April 19th, 2017

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, aspoison22 said:

I just got off the phone with a supervisor. She was super nice and helpful. She told me that she will personally make sure they review and complete my application by the end of this week and told me to check back with them everyday if necessary. She said she has no idea as to why my case has not been completed as of today. Well, im hopefull that this supervisor will actually follow up with my case and makes it happen. Otherwise i feel bad for the next supervisor i get to talk to! Anyway, id like to keep a positive mind and happy thoughts until i have to go there ?. ( the representative also told me that i was the calmest "mad" costumer she has ever talked to) I know we all want to yell at them but trust me it gets you no where. Also, i commented on how great my representative was (i figured an act of kindness could make anyone's day, and she got me on the phone with a supervisor within 5 minutes) so i completed my deed for today. 

Good luck to all of you and hopefully we all get to see our loved ones very soon!!! Blessings. 

I has a similar conversation with a supervisor yesterday and this morning my case was completed! Hang in there it will happen.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.