dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2017

1,353 posts in this topic

When you call and speak with a superviser does this hurry the cc any?  What i am asking, is it worth doing or should i just wait for cc naturally?  Coming up to 11 weeks now and it's totally

ridiculous!!

7 hours ago, James-Bond007 said:

CC TONIGHT, 2/1. Received a call from a supervisor this evening and said she reviewed a completed our case. 15 mn later i jumped on the site and boom: the magical 3rd N/A. She said we are in line for an interview.    

Congratulations. :) 

6 hours ago, thegreatphoenix said:

Hello everyone. 

The National Visa Center has officially stopped processing all pending green card applications from citizens belonging to one of the 7 banned countries. In addition, they have cancelled all February interviews in these countries as well.

In addition, Hammond Law Group got a "tip" that these are the countries included in the next wave of immigration bans:

Egypt

Lebanon

Afghanistan

Pakistan

Colombia

Venezuela

Southern Philippines

trans-Sahara

Sulu

Sending my thoughts and prayers to everyone who are affected and will be affected by this ban. This is just crazy. 

I read something similar to this last night from an Egyptian American on a facebook group, he shared a message from his attorney.

16423108_10154097012960047_2568238863169800625_o.jpg

Edited by Ahmed & Amy

13 minutes ago, Ahmed & Amy said:

I read something similar to this last night from an Egyptian American on a facebook group, he shared a message from his attorney.

My source is a well-known immigration law firm in the US. It's probably being circulated among the immigration law firms in the US to give a warning to their clients: http://hammondlawgroup.com/healthcareblog/2017/02/01/hlg-issues-updated-alert-regarding-possible-addition-of-more-countries-to-travel-ban/

USCIS Timeline

09-13-2016: ___________ I-130 Mailed to Chicago Lockbox from Japan

09-21-2016: ___________ NOA1

10-27-2016: ___________ NOA2

11-07-2016: ___________ Case sent to NVC

NVC Timeline   

11-14-2016: ___________ Case received by NVC

11-21-2016: ___________ Case number and IIN assigned

11-23-2016: ___________ DS-261 completed online

11-26-2016: ___________ AOS fee unlocked and paid / welcome email from NVC received

11-30-2016: ___________ IV fee unlocked and paid / barcoded cover sheets for AOS and IV received

12-04-2016: ___________ DS-260 completed online

12-19-2016: ___________ AOS and IV packets mailed to NVC

12-23-2016: ___________ Scan Date

02-08-2017: ___________ Escalated to supervisor review

02-27-2017: ___________ Review Department
03-06-2017: ___________ Case Complete (10 weeks from Scan Date)

Interview and US Timeline 

03-13-2017: ___________ Interview date found out by calling NVC

03-16-2017: ___________ Interview letter received

03-21-2017: ___________ Medical Exam in Tokyo

04-03-2017: ___________ Interview in Tokyo (APPROVED!!!) 
04-05-2017: ___________ Passport with immigrant visa stamp received in the mail
04-25-2017: ___________ POE (LAX)

05-15-2017: ___________ Green Card in the mail (20 days after POE)

05-24-2017: ___________ Filed for social security number at a physical office (21 working days after POE as per their policy)
06-06-2017: ___________ Social Security Card (with number) in the mail 

ROC Timeline

03-19-2019: ___________ I-751 delivered at USCIS Phoenix

03-21-2019: ___________ Check cashed

03-22-2019: ___________ Text notification of Receipt Number

03-26-2019: ___________ Form 797 (NOA) and extension letter received in the mail

Sometime in April: _____ Missed Biometrics appointment (never got the letter)

08-05-2019: ___________ Rescheduled Biometrics appointment

08-09.2019: ___________ Notified USCIS of address change

08-21-2019: ___________ Case status "Ready to Schedule Your Interview"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
8 hours ago, afortunada said:

I am freaking out.

I have to schedule my case through the consulate because we have an expedite through them. My case was received at the embassy two days ago. At the suggestion of another VJ member, I kept checking my availability to schedule an interview on the ais.usvisa-info site.. First, it told me I wasn't able to proceed because my case wasn't ready for an interview. Then I checked randomly two hours later and it let me in! However, all the dates were blacked out - no appointments were available. I read that this was normal but to keep checking back.

I refreshed not even a half hour later and an appointment opened up for February 21st!!! Someone must have canelled! I selected it as well as selected the biometrics appointment. I wasn't hopeful that it would let me proceed. But it DID. I still couldn't believe it. But then I received an e-mail from the consulate a few minutes later saying that our appointment was confirmed and it had all of my husband's information from his DS-260.

This has to be real, right? Someone pinch me. I am so excited but so scared that something will happen. Please God let this be real!!!!!

I'll keep updating as I find out more!

This is great!  Congrats!  Let us know if the 3rd N/A changed to PAID again.

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

4 hours ago, aidensbubba said:

When you call and speak with a superviser does this hurry the cc any?  What i am asking, is it worth doing or should i just wait for cc naturally?  Coming up to 11 weeks now and it's totally

ridiculous!!

I don't think it will do anything. I just got off the phone with a supervisor and she said they wouldn't do anything until 12 weeks is up. I asked her what would happen then, and initially she said "Well your case will be finished before that" but then when I asked again she said 'We would pull your case ourselves to review it'.

So even though at 6 weeks we call it "supervisor review", really a supervisor doesn't actually review it unless it gets to 12 weeks. Before that we can call as much as we like (I know I am), but it doesn't do anything.

I finally got someone to tell me that my case has been in the "review department" for the last 2 weeks...it's a single piece of paper needing to get reviewed.

I also asked for clarity about the order that they go in, since they always like to say that there is a queue based on scan date. I mentioned that there are people getting cases complete with scan dates in December despite people in November who haven't been addressed yet, and they "couldn't talk about that because it violates privacy". I asked just generally about the rules and the supervisor "couldn't speak to that". Very cagey.

Second Scan Date 11/28

Supervisor review 1/10

"Review Department" ~1/16 (they didn't give me a date but just estimating)

4 hours ago, Ahmed & Amy said:

This is so disturbing :(... God help us all

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
1 hour ago, bcking said:

I don't think it will do anything. I just got off the phone with a supervisor and she said they wouldn't do anything until 12 weeks is up. I asked her what would happen then, and initially she said "Well your case will be finished before that" but then when I asked again she said 'We would pull your case ourselves to review it'.

So even though at 6 weeks we call it "supervisor review", really a supervisor doesn't actually review it unless it gets to 12 weeks. Before that we can call as much as we like (I know I am), but it doesn't do anything.

I finally got someone to tell me that my case has been in the "review department" for the last 2 weeks...it's a single piece of paper needing to get reviewed.

I also asked for clarity about the order that they go in, since they always like to say that there is a queue based on scan date. I mentioned that there are people getting cases complete with scan dates in December despite people in November who haven't been addressed yet, and they "couldn't talk about that because it violates privacy". I asked just generally about the rules and the supervisor "couldn't speak to that". Very cagey.

Second Scan Date 11/28

Supervisor review 1/10

I think they cherry pick to be honest, no-one on the phone would say, "Sir, our staff is lazy, so are choosing the easiest cases first".   of my 3 documents, 2 of the original docs are in Japanese with my translations.  I'm quite certain this is what is slowing my case down of course, I could never confirm it.   If they had a person(s) at the NVC that could read Japanese it would take them 2-3 minutes per document to review and verify. The last document is a copy of her passport (which is in English)  so in a nutshell, I've been waiting since 11/28 for someone to take 7 minutes to review my file and send me to CC.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
38 minutes ago, SMAlexander said:

This is so disturbing :(... God help us all

There is no change or no consideration for any change or restriction on visa policy for Pakistan. All such rumors are circulated for making new US govt controversial.

Statement Issued by US Consulate - Pakistan on 02-02-2017

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
6 minutes ago, TokyoHNL said:

I think they cherry pick to be honest, no-one on the phone would say, "Sir, our staff is lazy, so are choosing the easiest cases first".   of my 3 documents, 2 of the original docs are in Japanese with my translations.  I'm quite certain this is what is slowing my case down of course, I could never confirm it.   If they had a person(s) at the NVC that could read Japanese it would take them 2-3 minutes per document to review and verify. The last document is a copy of her passport (which is in English)  so in a nutshell, I've been waiting since 11/28 for someone to take 7 minutes to review my file and send me to CC.

I am Japanese so all most of documents are in Japanese (marriage certificate, birth certificate etc, with translations and certification of accuracy). My scan date is Dec 22, so I haven't waited that long..oh well... yes I agree, it would take less than 5 min to review/verify family register( koseki) and all that official documents in Japanese for Japanese speakers...

15 minutes ago, TokyoHNL said:

If they cherry pick they would have picked our case. Ours is complete except for a long form birth certificate from the UK, in "real" English ;)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
9 minutes ago, bcking said:

If they cherry pick they would have picked our case. Ours is complete except for a long form birth certificate from the UK, in "real" English ;)

Good point.  

ah, i'm just frustrated..... I left Japan 2 years ago for this job and never ever expected my family would be in 2 countries for this long.

15 minutes ago, TokyoHNL said:

Good point.  

ah, i'm just frustrated..... I left Japan 2 years ago for this job and never ever expected my family would be in 2 countries for this long.

I know how you feel. I am also frustrated. I got a little angry at the supervisor on the phone, I feel a little bad now. I basically led her into a trap by first asking "How do you decide which files to review?" knowing her answer would be "Well we go in order of the date we received the files", to which I replied "No you don't, I happen to know people are getting their cases complete with scan dates in December. How do you explain that?" to which she couldn't provide an answer.

2 hours ago, bcking said:

Second Scan Date 11/28

Supervisor review 1/10

I spoke to a supervisor and she said it is in the review department to be checked, but didn't know when that will be, before that i spoke to a really nice rep and he said that it is in the review department being checked but couldn't say when it will be completed, so I am not sure whether it is being checked or not as I got 2 different replies. 

You are right that speaking with a supervisor didn't get me anywhere.  I hoped it would as i've seen people on here saying they got cc shortly after talking to the supervisor....  wishful thinking on my part i guess.

Edited by aidensbubba

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.