dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2017

1,353 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ahmed & Amy said:

Just called NVC. Spoke to a very cheery rep (not really). My scan date is Dec/29. She told me that my case is in the review department and does not know when the case will be complete; that I should receive an email once it is. When I told her that this Thursday I will be 8 weeks since my scan date, she quickly told me I have 'up to' 6 more weeks for a CC because on Feb/10 is when the supervisor request was made, that basically the clock starts over again. 

I also mentioned to her that when I log in to ceac and check the visa application status, two weeks ago it showed "At NVC", and now it says that I need to submit the supporting DS-260 documents. She said that this is just an error in the system because they have not reviewed my documents since it has gone past the original review times, she told me that they do have our documents and that they are in the review department, either being reviewed or will be reviewed soon. 

I want to be hopeful and optimistic that we are close to CC, but some days it's just difficult. 

I just saw this... I saw the same thing. I think I'll call them and see if it's in the review department early ;-)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, IA0217 said:

Hello guys,

Does anyone know how long does it take for them to review the case if it's already in the review department? My case is in the review department since feb. 17 but didn't hear anything from them yet :(

Hey,

what is your scan date ? The wait these days is 10-11 weeks if not more from your scan date. I hate to say this but, review department/ supervisor review is basically a RED FLAG telling them your case is past that 6 weeks time frame ( well... they have changed it to 8 now ) . I am sorry but, just hang in there. Hopefully you will see CC soon.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Zee02 said:

Hi everyone!!

I am new here... Beeing following this posts for a few days now.. I had a quick question if I could get a little help with. Our approved petition was sent to the nvc on the 02/10 and I saw on one of the post that they take around 10days to get a case number...

Do I have to call them to get the case number or will they mail it to us?

My husband is being trying to call them since morning but he can't get through :huh:

Hello and Welcome ,

I would not wait for the email or the snail mail. It can take forever. I would be proactive and call. I called them a week after my case was sent to NVC and was able to get the NVC Case Number and Invoice ID Number over the phone. I got the email 2 days after the phone call lol ! They are pretty busy today as they were off yesterday. Maybe try calling later tonight. 

Timeline
38 minutes ago, vintash said:

Has anyone gotten cc today? ?

Yes, I got CC 3 N/A today my Scan date was 12/06/2016. supervisor review 01/17/17. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Zebracakex said:

Hey,

what is your scan date ? The wait these days is 10-11 weeks if not more from your scan date. I hate to say this but, review department/ supervisor review is basically a RED FLAG telling them your case is past that 6 weeks time frame ( well... they have changed it to 8 now ) . I am sorry but, just hang in there. Hopefully you will see CC soon.

Hi,

scan date:12/20

supervisor review: 02/01

Review department : 02/17

Man that's sucks!!!! ? i hope they will complete it by this week. I am so done with this wait?

Thank you and you too good luck with this process what's your scan date?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi, I just discovered this forum today after 3 months of frustration waiting for the NVC. I am learning a lot from what to expect.

I just called today after yet another 6 weeks of waiting and was told they don't have a timeline, sounds like I will have to wait indefinitely. My timeline with NVC are as follows:

- Documents received: Nov 15

- Supervisor review: Jan 10

- Review department: Jan 12

Due to personal reasons, my father (the petitioner) needs to come to the US now. He currently resides in Taiwan, so usually he can just visit without a VISA, and just apply for the electronic waiver ESTA. Can anyone enlighten me whether or not he can just come to the US via ESTA?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, smikoq said:

Yes, I got CC 3 N/A today my Scan date was 12/06/2016. supervisor review 01/17/17. 

Congratulations ??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 minute ago, IA0217 said:

Hi,

scan date:12/20

supervisor review: 02/01

Review department : 02/17

Man that's sucks!!!! ? i hope they will complete it by this week. I am so done with this wait?

Thank you and you too good luck with this process what's your scan date?

We have the exact same dates, we are doing electronic processing. With a baby on the way in July this last little stretch has been the most stressful by far!

Interview date: April 19th, 2017

1 minute ago, Spencerburgess said:

We have the exact same dates, we are doing electronic processing. With a baby on the way in July this last little stretch has been the most stressful by far!

Electronic processing and it is taking two months? Thought with email it was much faster than that at NVC stage.

CR-1 Visa Timeline

USCIS

7/27/2016: I-130 mailed.

8/02/2016: NOA1.

2/17/2017: NOA2.

2/24/2017: I-130 sent to NVC.

NVC

3/03/2017:  I-130 received.

3/09/2017: Case # and invoice # received, AOS and IV fees paid.

3/16/2017: DS-260 submitted; AOS and IV packets sent with EP.

4/06/2017: Case complete.

Consulate

4/15/2017: Interview email (P4).

5/09/2017: Medical.

5/15/2017: Interview.

5/19/2017: Visa in hand.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USA

5/20/2017: POE.

6/10/2017: Green card received.

7/05/2017: SSN card received (had to apply in person).  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lifting Conditions

4/19/2019: Filed I-751

5/01/2019: NOA (CSC)

7/22/2019: Case transferred to National Benefits Center

12/20/2019: Biometrics Appointment

2/12/2020: Interview Date

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Just now, cordoba2015 said:

Electronic processing and it is taking two months? Thought with email it was much faster than that at NVC stage.

We thought so too! Is this common??? I swear I see others getting approved via EP much faster!

Interview date: April 19th, 2017

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Spencerburgess said:

I thought electronic process would be a bit faster but i guess it's not..

Good luck with this process i hope we hear back soon!!! 

Congratulations and stay safe..

Timeline
1 minute ago, vintash said:

omg congrats!!! I have the similar dates!!!

I hope you going to get it soon. I haven't seen anyone passing the 12 weeks mark

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
20 minutes ago, smikoq said:

What OMG! Congratulations! I have the exact same dates! So mine should be coming soon!

Edited by LilyAR

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.