dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2017

1,353 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
28 minutes ago, TeeA10 said:

Always cheery to see CCs, at least we know they're working. so fingers crossed. i just the same generic response to my weekly email enquiry today.

I know right !! I just keep refreshing the thread until I see CC posts :D

Timeline
29 minutes ago, bcking said:

Everyone handles things differently, but if I were you I would try to expect case complete sometime in the end of March (March 29th, ~10 weeks from your scan date). That would mean you would likely get a May interview date.

If it happens sooner that is wonderful, but it may help to just plan ahead for what is expected based on the last few months. I hope they speed it up, but as you point out there are people in early December still waiting (My CC only came last week and I was November 28th). If they are really going in order, and early December is still waiting, then Mid-January will likely be more than a month+ away from now. YOu can hope for better, but plan for that so it doesn't disappoint you too much.

Sorry :(

Also I'm pretty sure it was my post about March interviews ending. I was told that this morning. They didn't specify whether that was for just London (where my wife will interview) or generally, but likely generally.

I know. I can only pray for April interview but, it doesn't seems hopeful. Most likely we will end up with May interview. Its crazy how they went from 4-6 weeks to 8 weeks to 10-11 weeks. smh... yes it was your post. My cousin called and confirmed it too. Her case isn't complete yet but, she asked them if it does get complete will they get March interview and was told no.

Good Luck. Hopefully she will get an early April interview :) 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

Writing this in hopes that someone who understands what everything means can help me figure out where my case stands.

received supporting doc: 10/13/2016

sent to supervisor: 12/9/2016

When I try to check my immigrant visa status it tells me the date they received my supporting documents but i do not see any N/A (unless im looking in the wrong place). I logged on to my summary information page and it shows n/a for the affidavid of support doc and supporting documents so i dont know what i should be looking at. I don't even know what the N/As mean? help me out please. I have been waiting for the day I get to reunite with my mother, and this process has exhausted my hopes and have made this experience so dreadful. Sending prayers for everyone waiting too!

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
25 minutes ago, mmadd636 said:

Scan date: December 6th

Week 12 begins today

Same for me :( Called today, they said when 6 weeks in the Review Department is reached I should call and ask to look at it. For my case it will be March 2nd. Totally crazy. Why we are still not CC if many other people got it?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
23 minutes ago, mmadd636 said:

Scan date: December 6th

Week 12 begins today

You and me both! Same scan date! I have not called today at all but last week they told me to call them on the 22nd if I do not hear from them by the end of business day today! I very tempted to call today anyway but instead have decided to simply check for the 3 famous N/A's and if nothing, I have already set my alarm to call the minute they open up the lines. So far I have not seen ANY CC's. Still keeping my fingers crossed.

Just called NVC. Spoke to a very cheery rep (not really). My scan date is Dec/29. She told me that my case is in the review department and does not know when the case will be complete; that I should receive an email once it is. When I told her that this Thursday I will be 8 weeks since my scan date, she quickly told me I have 'up to' 6 more weeks for a CC because on Feb/10 is when the supervisor request was made, that basically the clock starts over again. 

I also mentioned to her that when I log in to ceac and check the visa application status, two weeks ago it showed "At NVC", and now it says that I need to submit the supporting DS-260 documents. She said that this is just an error in the system because they have not reviewed my documents since it has gone past the original review times, she told me that they do have our documents and that they are in the review department, either being reviewed or will be reviewed soon. 

I want to be hopeful and optimistic that we are close to CC, but some days it's just difficult. 

1 hour ago, aspoison22 said:

Writing this in hopes that someone who understands what everything means can help me figure out where my case stands.

received supporting doc: 10/13/2016

sent to supervisor: 12/9/2016

When I try to check my immigrant visa status it tells me the date they received my supporting documents but i do not see any N/A (unless im looking in the wrong place). I logged on to my summary information page and it shows n/a for the affidavid of support doc and supporting documents so i dont know what i should be looking at. I don't even know what the N/As mean? help me out please. I have been waiting for the day I get to reunite with my mother, and this process has exhausted my hopes and have made this experience so dreadful. Sending prayers for everyone waiting too!

When you see us speaking about 3 N/A's, it means case complete. When you only have 2 then your case is not complete. You will see your 3rd N/A when you see under 'Affidavit of Support Fee' change from  'PAID' to 'N/A'.

I hope this helps. :)

Untitled.jpg

Edited by Ahmed & Amy

Filed: IR-5 Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Ahmed & Amy said:

When you see us speaking about 3 N/A's, it means case complete. When you only have 2 then your case is not complete. You will see your 3rd N/A when you see under 'Affidavit of Support Fee' change from  'PAID' to 'N/A'.

I hope this helps. :)

Untitled.jpg

Thank you so much. This is very helpful. Do you have any idea as to why it has taken since October and they still havent gotten to even complete my application? I haven't gotten a much different answer besides what anyone else has stated. Could it be because my case is for a parent instead of spouse? 

Timeline

Hello guys,

Does anyone know how long does it take for them to review the case if it's already in the review department? My case is in the review department since feb. 17 but didn't hear anything from them yet :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tanzania
Timeline

Hi everyone!!

I am new here... Beeing following this posts for a few days now.. I had a quick question if I could get a little help with. Our approved petition was sent to the nvc on the 02/10 and I saw on one of the post that they take around 10days to get a case number...

Do I have to call them to get the case number or will they mail it to us?

My husband is being trying to call them since morning but he can't get through :huh:

Good Afternoon to all.. Does anyone know if it is possible to reschedule an interview date after it has been scheduled? My marriage could not handle the distance and now some serious concerns have surfaced.  I am very hesitant of going through with this and would like to know how far back can I push this process back just until I get my thoughts together as to what I need to do.  I need to really be careful and not allow myself to be another victim of a possible opportunist.. Thanks in advance...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, LilyAR said:

Congratulations! So very happy for you two! Love reading all these positive posts! Thank you for your review (already read it). I'm till waiting for a CC....I can feel it though...IT WILL BE THIS WEEK!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hmmm... so when checking my visa application progress, I used to get "At NVC" or something like that. Now, I'm seeing this:

"Action required: Submit requested documents"

(I've already sent the DS-260 and have a scan date) - any idea why it would revert back to this status?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.