dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2017

1,353 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
20 minutes ago, bcking said:

I think it is incredibly unprofessional for them to be overly positive to people.

The average time to CC right now seems to be 8-10 weeks. To say they expect you to be done in 6 is unfair to you. It sets unrealistic expectations.

Exactly! And all they say is "we are not sure about how long more it will take" like really??? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
56 minutes ago, bcking said:

I think it is incredibly unprofessional for them to be overly positive to people.

The average time to CC right now seems to be 8-10 weeks. To say they expect you to be done in 6 is unfair to you. It sets unrealistic expectations.

and their website still says " Once received, it will take the NVC 2 to 4 weeks to review your case. "......absolutely unacceptable.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Now that I am done with the process and have safely arrived in the USA, my husband and I are really wanting to make some noise about the delays. We didn't want to do that while we were still stuck at NVC in case it jeopardized our case. My green card still hasn't arrived - paid on December 13. Entered the USA on December 19. I can't imagine it takes more than 20 minutes to make a plastic card.  My USCIS status is still "payment received". I can assure you that if I took payment from one of my customers and 7.5 weeks later still hadn't done anything with their order that takes 20 minutes to complete I'd probably not have a job to go to tomorrow. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

CC TONIGHT, 2/1. Received a call from a supervisor this evening and said she reviewed a completed our case. 15 mn later i jumped on the site and boom: the magical 3rd N/A. She said we are in line for an interview.    

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
21 minutes ago, James-Bond007 said:

CC TONIGHT, 2/1. Received a call from a supervisor this evening and said she reviewed a completed our case. 15 mn later i jumped on the site and boom: the magical 3rd N/A. She said we are in line for an interview.    

Congrats!!!  What was your scan date and supervisor review?

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

Timeline

Regardless of any embassy, no Jan Ccs' have received interview P4 fom nvc. So its delay from nvc not from embassies.

Reason stays Unknown like always from nvc.

Timeline
1 hour ago, JFH said:

Now that I am done with the process and have safely arrived in the USA, my husband and I are really wanting to make some noise about the delays. We didn't want to do that while we were still stuck at NVC in case it jeopardized our case. My green card still hasn't arrived - paid on December 13. Entered the USA on December 19. I can't imagine it takes more than 20 minutes to make a plastic card.  My USCIS status is still "payment received". I can assure you that if I took payment from one of my customers and 7.5 weeks later still hadn't done anything with their order that takes 20 minutes to complete I'd probably not have a job to go to tomorrow. 

I believe everything has been halted or delayed because of new admin. Else GC took 20 to 25 days max

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Duncan21 said:

Congrats!!!  What was your scan date and supervisor review?

thx... scan date 10/27/16; sup review 12/13. it was a lonnnng wait. 

Edited by James-Bond007

Filed: Timeline
4 minutes ago, Nauman sh said:

Regardless of any embassy, no Jan Ccs' have received interview P4 fom nvc. So its delay from nvc not from embassies.

Reason stays Unknown like always from nvc.

Makes sense; I just called the NVC to inquire about my wife's interview date, they told me that her case is ready and waiting for interview, I asked when should we expect to get an email, they said we can't give you a time, it all depends on the embassy!!! 

CC 1/11

Hello everyone. 

The National Visa Center has officially stopped processing all pending green card applications from citizens belonging to one of the 7 banned countries. In addition, they have cancelled all February interviews in these countries as well.

In addition, Hammond Law Group got a "tip" that these are the countries included in the next wave of immigration bans:

Egypt

Lebanon

Afghanistan

Pakistan

Colombia

Venezuela

Southern Philippines

trans-Sahara

Sulu

Sending my thoughts and prayers to everyone who are affected and will be affected by this ban. This is just crazy. 

Edited by thegreatphoenix

USCIS Timeline

09-13-2016: ___________ I-130 Mailed to Chicago Lockbox from Japan

09-21-2016: ___________ NOA1

10-27-2016: ___________ NOA2

11-07-2016: ___________ Case sent to NVC

NVC Timeline   

11-14-2016: ___________ Case received by NVC

11-21-2016: ___________ Case number and IIN assigned

11-23-2016: ___________ DS-261 completed online

11-26-2016: ___________ AOS fee unlocked and paid / welcome email from NVC received

11-30-2016: ___________ IV fee unlocked and paid / barcoded cover sheets for AOS and IV received

12-04-2016: ___________ DS-260 completed online

12-19-2016: ___________ AOS and IV packets mailed to NVC

12-23-2016: ___________ Scan Date

02-08-2017: ___________ Escalated to supervisor review

02-27-2017: ___________ Review Department
03-06-2017: ___________ Case Complete (10 weeks from Scan Date)

Interview and US Timeline 

03-13-2017: ___________ Interview date found out by calling NVC

03-16-2017: ___________ Interview letter received

03-21-2017: ___________ Medical Exam in Tokyo

04-03-2017: ___________ Interview in Tokyo (APPROVED!!!) 
04-05-2017: ___________ Passport with immigrant visa stamp received in the mail
04-25-2017: ___________ POE (LAX)

05-15-2017: ___________ Green Card in the mail (20 days after POE)

05-24-2017: ___________ Filed for social security number at a physical office (21 working days after POE as per their policy)
06-06-2017: ___________ Social Security Card (with number) in the mail 

ROC Timeline

03-19-2019: ___________ I-751 delivered at USCIS Phoenix

03-21-2019: ___________ Check cashed

03-22-2019: ___________ Text notification of Receipt Number

03-26-2019: ___________ Form 797 (NOA) and extension letter received in the mail

Sometime in April: _____ Missed Biometrics appointment (never got the letter)

08-05-2019: ___________ Rescheduled Biometrics appointment

08-09.2019: ___________ Notified USCIS of address change

08-21-2019: ___________ Case status "Ready to Schedule Your Interview"

I am freaking out.

I have to schedule my case through the consulate because we have an expedite through them. My case was received at the embassy two days ago. At the suggestion of another VJ member, I kept checking my availability to schedule an interview on the ais.usvisa-info site.. First, it told me I wasn't able to proceed because my case wasn't ready for an interview. Then I checked randomly two hours later and it let me in! However, all the dates were blacked out - no appointments were available. I read that this was normal but to keep checking back.

I refreshed not even a half hour later and an appointment opened up for February 21st!!! Someone must have canelled! I selected it as well as selected the biometrics appointment. I wasn't hopeful that it would let me proceed. But it DID. I still couldn't believe it. But then I received an e-mail from the consulate a few minutes later saying that our appointment was confirmed and it had all of my husband's information from his DS-260.

This has to be real, right? Someone pinch me. I am so excited but so scared that something will happen. Please God let this be real!!!!!

I'll keep updating as I find out more!

Married: 5-July-2015
I-130 Petition Sent: 11-May-2016
NSC Received (Our Priority Date): 12-May-2016
NOA2 Received: 30-September-2016 141 days for I-130 approval
NOA2 Hard Copy Received: 06-October-2016
Petition Sent to NVC: 17-October-2016 17 days for petition to be sent to NVC
NVC Received: 21-October-2016 4 days to be received at NVC
NVC Case Number Assigned: 31-October-2016 10 days for case number to be assigned
NVC Welcome Letter Received: 3-November-2016 @ 12:10 AM 3 days from case number assigned until Welcome Letter received and invoices unlocked
IV and AOS Fees Unlocked: 3-November-2016 @ 7:00 AM
IV and AOS Fees Paid: 3-November-2016
DS-260 Unlocked: 7-November-2016 2.5 business days for DS-260 to be unlocked
DS-260 Submitted: 8-November-2016
AOS and IV Documents Sent: 9-November-2016
Scan Date: 14-November-2016 5 days to receive scan date due to a holiday/weekend
Medical expedite requested: 14-December-2016
Medical expedite approved at consulate: 19-December-2016 Expedite approved with consulate but denied at NVC; still need to wait for case complete
Case on Supervisor Review: 22-December-2016
Case sent to the Review Department: 13-January-2017
Case Complete: 24-January-2017     10 weeks and 2 days at NVC before case completed
Case arrived at consulate/CEAC status "Ready": 1-February-2017
Interview: 21-February-2017   We scheduled our own interview because we had an approved medical expedite with the consulate. By sheer luck we got such a quick interview date because someone cancelled their appointment less than 20 minutes prior
Interview Result: Approved!!
Visa Issued: 21-February-2017     Visa issued same day as interview
DHL tracking information received: 22-February-2017     DHL tracking number appeared 28 hours after interview, scheduled for delivery the next day
Visa in hand: 23-Feb-2017
US POE (Minneapolis): 26-Feb-2017

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
15 minutes ago, afortunada said:

I am freaking out.

I have to schedule my case through the consulate because we have an expedite through them. My case was received at the embassy two days ago. At the suggestion of another VJ member, I kept checking my availability to schedule an interview on the ais.usvisa-info site.. First, it told me I wasn't able to proceed because my case wasn't ready for an interview. Then I checked randomly two hours later and it let me in! However, all the dates were blacked out - no appointments were available. I read that this was normal but to keep checking back.

I refreshed not even a half hour later and an appointment opened up for February 21st!!! Someone must have canelled! I selected it as well as selected the biometrics appointment. I wasn't hopeful that it would let me proceed. But it DID. I still couldn't believe it. But then I received an e-mail from the consulate a few minutes later saying that our appointment was confirmed and it had all of my husband's information from his DS-260.

This has to be real, right? Someone pinch me. I am so excited but so scared that something will happen. Please God let this be real!!!!!

Thats absolutely awesome !  Congrats, you're journey is one step close to being over.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
9 hours ago, Kcaoagas said:

Same here!! 

scan date:12/5

sup review:01/19

no update yet. WAITING PATIENTLY? 

our schedule is similar!! hope u all got the CC soon!!!

5 hours ago, missileman said:

Checking in......Scan date 9 Nov  2016.....CC around 1/18/17........waiting for interview date..

oh my!!! ur case is completed!! hope it will be a good sign for me!!!

big congrate to u!!!!

N-400 Timeline

2022/03/01: 90 days filing window open

2022/03/20: Filed N-400 online

2022/03/21: Case received, no biometrics required

2022/03/21: Online status change to Case is being Actively Reviewed by USCIS

2022/08/15: Interview was scheduled

2022/09/20: Interview Date

2022/09/20: Citizenship Approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, afortunada said:

I am freaking out.

What!? Beyond excited for you! Yay! please continue to post as I pray to God every night that sooner rather than later we find ourselves in the same situation as you and on our way to CDJ! Congratulations and many blessings! 

Edited by LilyAR

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.