dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2017

1,353 posts in this topic

I emailed NVC 2 weeks ago to see whether they received my police certificate.  In NZ you don't request it then send it in, you request it and it goes straight to the NVC without you seeing it.   I got this response.  I guess I'm happy they gave a timeline at least :-)  And their email reply still says 6 weeks not 8 like their website.

"We received mail for this case. We are experiencing a high volume of incoming mail at this time. Please allow up to 6 weeks from the date we received your mail for NVC to review your documents. We are diligently working to reduce our review time and appreciate your patience. NVC will notify you after our review if there is additional information required or if we are able to schedule your case for an interview."

Got married: 26th Sep 2013 

I-130 Petition Process:

Sent petition to USCIS Chicago lockbox (via in-laws to put check in US$): 11 Mar, 2016

NOA1: 24 Mar, 2016 (email notification 30 Mar. Hardcopy 11 Apr)

Service Centre: NEBRASKA

NOA2: 3rd Aug 2016

Petition sent to NVC: 18th Aug 2016

NVC Stage

Case number assigned: 8th Sep 2016

Paid AOS Fee: 9th Sep 2016

Paid IV Fee: 14th Sep 2016

DS-260 submitted: 25th Jan 2017

AOS & IV Package sent: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite requested: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite approved (consulate only): 1st Feb 2017

Scan Date: 31st Jan 2017

Case Complete: 14th April 2017 (10 weeks 4 days)

Full expedite approved (bypass NVC to send file to embassy), however too late as I already had case complete 17th Apr 2017

Case arrived at Embassy: 21st April 2017

P4 letter received: 26th April 2017 (expedite at embassy stage so this came from the consulate, not NVC)

Medical date: 26th April 2017

Interview date: 4th May 2017 APPROVED!!

Visa received: 8th May 2017 

POE (entered the USA): 15th May 2017 

Filed: Timeline

Got my interview scheduled on March 28 , yoohoo :D

CC 15/02

December 2009 - First met.

February 2010 - Start of our relationship <3
January 7 2016 -Our Wedding in a romantic town of Aeroskobing <3

April 1 2016 - Sent CR1 package to RapidVisa.

April 18 2016 - CR1 Package delivered to USCIS Phoenix lock box.

April 22 2016 - Acceptance notification received by email. Case sent to Nebraska Service Center.

May 03 2016 - NOA1 hard copy received.

May 24 2016 - Return to the US to reestablish domicile.

August 3 2016 - Case transferred to Texas Service Center.

August 29 2016 - I-130 approved! (NOA2) <3 <3 <3

September 30 2016 - NVC Recieved.
November 14 2016 - Sent AOS and IV packages to Rapidvisa! :D
November 29 2016 - SCAN DATE!
February 15 2017 - Case Complete at NVC (11 weeks)
March 28 2017 - My Interview Day! :D (APPROVED!!!)

9 hours ago, AMINE1980 said:

I don't know how that works but i dont think so , hopefully you documents will still get reviewed Without getting  a checklist, if you do get one, just call and tell them you already sent it.

i called 4 different times today so I would get different reps and to see what each one would say about this.  All 4 said the same thing, it will not take my initial packet that was scanned in 12/19 out of queue.  That packet will continue to be processed as it was received.  2 of the reps went further to say that I will probably get a notice to send the w2s to my wife to bring to the embassy for her interview.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
3 hours ago, lbrt said:

Guys I just checked my Visa status (CEAC) and after weeks of saying "At NVC", today it changed to "Action Required: Submit Requested Documents".
It starts like this: "On 2016-11-01, the National Visa Center (NVC) received your Form DS-260 (Immigrant Visa Application)." and then it says "Next Steps:" and it lists all the documents that you need to collect and send to NVC (basically the AOS-Support Documents Package). Which of course, we already mailed.

Does this mean they are starting reviewing it? Is it a good sign? It seems like the Visa Status Check page just came back to life after weeks of "At NVC" status. I wonder if it's normal. We didn't receive a checklist email so I don't think it's that.

Hi! Just got off the phone with a rep. and asked about it...she said and I quote "it just means we have not yet reviewed your case" So frustrated! She told me to call back on Wednesday of next week if my case was not completed by the end of business day Tuesday as I would be at the 12 weeks. I asked what happens then and she said "we would take a closer look at your case" I then said but you just said you haven't even looked at my case and to this she replied "mam we have until Tuesday the 22nd if you don't hear from us please give us a call back have a good evening" and she hung up ?!

SCAN DATE 12/6/16

SUPERVISOR REVIEW: 1/17/17

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
27 minutes ago, lsu_mike said:

i called 4 different times today so I would get different reps and to see what each one would say about this.  All 4 said the same thing, it will not take my initial packet that was scanned in 12/19 out of queue.  That packet will continue to be processed as it was received.  2 of the reps went further to say that I will probably get a notice to send the w2s to my wife to bring to the embassy for her interview.  

That's good news good luck , hopefully you hear something soon .

Filed: IR-2 Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Renegade said:

Got my interview scheduled on March 28 , yoohoo :D

CC 15/02

Congratulations!!! :)

I-130 for " Chicago Lock-box "

Applying for my 2 children...

Sent I-130 to Chicago Lock-box

Sent on --- 08/29/2016

Received --- 08/31/2016

NOA 1 : 09/01/2016

Sent to : Potomac Service Center

NOA 2 : 01/03/2017

NVC:

Sent AOS & IV Packets:02/01/2017
Scan Date: 02/10/2017
Case Complete: 04/24/2017
Interview Date: **/**/****
Visa Approved: **/**/****
Visa In Hand: **/**/****

********************************************************************************************************

~"Our willingness to wait reveals the value we place on what we are waiting for..."~

~Charles Stanley~

Filed: IR-2 Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey i'm preparing to send my AOS and IV packages. I'm just confirming I just print off 2 cover sheets and put one with the AOS in one envelope and one with the IV in the other envelope and put both envelopes in one big shipping envelope right?

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Dre876 said:

Hey i'm preparing to send my AOS and IV packages. I'm just confirming I just print off 2 cover sheets and put one with the AOS in one envelope and one with the IV in the other envelope and put both envelopes in one big shipping envelope right?

Yes I just put both of them in one envelope. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, AMINE1980 said:

Okay but what confuses me is the cover sheet info, the one that's with the AOS, I'd still check photocopies of birth certificate, etc even though those documents aren't in the AOS envelope being that they're in the other IV envelope?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, AMINE1980 said:

Okay but what confuses me is the cover sheet info, the one that's with the AOS, I'd still check photocopies of birth certificate, etc even though those documents aren't in the AOS envelope being that they're in the other IV envelope?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Dre876 said:

No you just check what needs to be in the aos in one copy and what needs to be in iv on the the other copy separate both packages by paperclip on each and send in one envelope. 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Sweden
Timeline

I am not able to complete my  IV fee payment as it states "database error" when I try to log in. I already paid the AOS fee and everything went fine then a few days ago. Did this happen to anyone else? What does "database error" mean - is it my particular case or an issue at NVC?

Timeline

I am a USC filing for my stepson I'm preparing to send AOS and IV packages the documents I have are

AOS:

• My proof of U.S status

• My signed form I-864

• My financial docs

• Joint sponsor's proof of U.S status

• Joint sponsor's signed I-864

• Joint sponsor's financial docs.

IV:

• Copy of beneficiary's birth certificate

• Copy beneficiary's passport

• Copy of beneficiary's police certificate 

• Copy of my marriage certificate with his dad

Thats pretty much all there is right? Is there any more required documentation?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, ny2017 said:

I am not able to complete my  IV fee payment as it states "database error" when I try to log in. I already paid the AOS fee and everything went fine then a few days ago. Did this happen to anyone else? What does "database error" mean - is it my particular case or an issue at NVC?

To the best of my knowledge it means that NVC is preparing your invoice (That means by the next working day your IV fee should become available). It says the exact same thing for me and last night I got an email saying that NVC is currently processing my IV invoice.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.