dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2017

1,353 posts in this topic

I forgot to send my w2 with my original AOS packet which was received dec 21 by the NVC.  I called to find out what I needed to do. The rep told me to get them there ASAP.  She explained to me that since my documents are flagged for superviser review(feb 3), and are still waiting to be reviewed, that the additional documents I sent should "catch up" with my original documents that were scanned  dec 21?   

I lost now as to what will happen???  Anyone know about how this will work??

1 minute ago, lsu_mike said:

I forgot to send my w2 with my original AOS packet which was received dec 21 by the NVC.  I called to find out what I needed to do. The rep told me to get them there ASAP.  She explained to me that since my documents are flagged for superviser review(feb 3), and are still waiting to be reviewed, that the additional documents I sent should "catch up" with my original documents that were scanned  dec 21?   

I lost now as to what will happen???  Anyone know about how this will work??

Typically that is not the case. 

If you have to send in additional paperwork either because you remember (in your case) or they send you a checklist, that "resets" your scan date to whatever date they receive that last bit of mail. So you would start over whenever they receive your W-2.

If they are going to make an exception and keep your original scan date then you are very lucky because that is not standard practice, even if you notice the missing document before you get a checklist. Either way still better to send it in now than wait for a checklist, but I would just warn you that once they receive it they may turn around and say that you have a new scan date.

You could try to speak to a supervisor now, get them to say that it won't restart your scan date and then take down their name. At least that way if they try to change later on you can specifically reference a person, a date, and a conversation.

I just hit week 8 from my original date, so buy the 12 week average it's taking to review, maybe I saved myself 6 weeks by not waiting for a checklist.  

3 hours ago, bcking said:

Called and confirmed confirmed case complete :)

The lady said they are still doing March interviews. Have other people heard that? She said she assigned 8 yesterday. Couldn't speak specifically regarding embassies.

Yay!!  Contratulations!!  Hopefully your wife will still get a March interview!

:D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 minute ago, lsu_mike said:

I just hit week 8 from my original date, so buy the 12 week average it's taking to review, maybe I saved myself 6 weeks by not waiting for a checklist.  

In my opinion don't send anything, most of the time they ask to bring W2 to the interview,  it will reset your scan date if you send anything now , you almost there I will just wait and see what happens. 

10 minutes ago, aidensbubba said:

Yay!!  Contratulations!!  Hopefully your wife will still get a March interview!

:D

It's funny at this point we were preparing for April so March would seem very sudden. We are going away again in early March so hopefully scheduling a medical exam won't take too long (Really don't want to cancel our trip, we are going to the Amazon for a week).

43 minutes ago, AMINE1980 said:

In my opinion don't send anything, most of the time they ask to bring W2 to the interview,  it will reset your scan date if you send anything now , you almost there I will just wait and see what happens. 

Too late, I've already sent at the advice of the Rep I asked about it. 

So I'm  wondering what will happen with my packet that's already flagged for supervisor review?  Will that get pulled out of the que?  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
14 minutes ago, lsu_mike said:

So I'm  wondering what will happen with my packet that's already flagged for supervisor review?  Will that get pulled out of the que?  

I don't know how that works but i dont think so , hopefully you documents will still get reviewed Without getting  a checklist, if you do get one, just call and tell them you already sent it.

Edited by AMINE1980

14 minutes ago, lsu_mike said:

"Typically" (is there anything Typical at the NVC? I don't know) anytime they receive mail from you no matter what it is that will "reset" the scan date, since that is the date that they LAST received mail for your case. However, typically sending new mail occurs after you receive a checklist. In your case, you are sort of "preemptively" mailing it in.

I do recall people in the past saying that when they did this it still changed their scan date, but I can't remember who they were. Perhaps someone else will see this and relay information from personal experience. I only have second hand knowledge.

EDIT: Also keep in mind that "supervisor review" is just that it is "flagged" saying it has been 6 weeks. It still remains in the same queue it has always been in. Hopefully it won't get put back to the bottom of that queue. If someone told you it wouldn't, and they end up doing it, then argue with them. It would be nice to have gotten the information from a supervisor, or at least taken down the name of the person who told you but technically their calls are all recorded so it should be on record.

Edited by bcking

6 minutes ago, bcking said:

"Typically" (is there anything Typical at the NVC? I don't know) anytime they receive mail from you no matter what it is that will "reset" the scan date, since that is the date that they LAST received mail for your case. However, typically sending new mail occurs after you receive a checklist. In your case, you are sort of "preemptively" mailing it in.

I do recall people in the past saying that when they did this it still changed their scan date, but I can't remember who they were. Perhaps someone else will see this and relay information from personal experience. I only have second hand knowledge.

EDIT: Also keep in mind that "supervisor review" is just that it is "flagged" saying it has been 6 weeks. It still remains in the same queue it has always been in. Hopefully it won't get put back to the bottom of that queue. If someone told you it wouldn't, and they end up doing it, then argue with them. It would be nice to have gotten the information from a supervisor, or at least taken down the name of the person who told you but technically their calls are all recorded so it should be on record.

At this point, I really don't rely on anything I'm told from the NVC.  I've mentally prepared myself for the additional wait time.  

One rep said it would be placed with it since it's flagged, another said it's a possibility that it will catch it up to it in the next few weeks.  

Im guessing I was still 3-4 weeks out from being reviewed anyways from 1st scan date, so this should add another 4-6 weeks to that.  

I either saved anorher 8 weeks by sending it before I received a checklist or added another 4 by creating a new scan date. It sux big time, but it is what it is. 

Filed: IR-2 Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, bcking said:

Called and confirmed confirmed case complete :)

The lady said they are still doing March interviews. Have other people heard that? She said she assigned 8 yesterday. Couldn't speak specifically regarding embassies.

Congratulations to you!!! :)

I-130 for " Chicago Lock-box "

Applying for my 2 children...

Sent I-130 to Chicago Lock-box

Sent on --- 08/29/2016

Received --- 08/31/2016

NOA 1 : 09/01/2016

Sent to : Potomac Service Center

NOA 2 : 01/03/2017

NVC:

Sent AOS & IV Packets:02/01/2017
Scan Date: 02/10/2017
Case Complete: 04/24/2017
Interview Date: **/**/****
Visa Approved: **/**/****
Visa In Hand: **/**/****

********************************************************************************************************

~"Our willingness to wait reveals the value we place on what we are waiting for..."~

~Charles Stanley~

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Scan Date:  12/02/2016

Supervisor Review:  01/23/2017

"Review Department":  02/13/2017

CASE COMPLETED 02/17/2017!!

Tomorrow is my birthday and this will be on yet list of one of the best birthday presents!

Wishing everyone a speedy process!!!:wub:

6 minutes ago, Ordonez08 said:

Tomorrow is my birthday and this will be on yet list of one of the best birthday presents!

Congratulations :)

1 hour ago, bcking said:

It's funny at this point we were preparing for April so March would seem very sudden. We are going away again in early March so hopefully scheduling a medical exam won't take too long (Really don't want to cancel our trip, we are going to the Amazon for a week).

My interview date is March 28th and I scheduled my medical 1 week before 20th, so if she gets end of march she can make her appointment for the week before.

Has to be at least 5 days before interview is what the receptionist at Knightsbridge medical told me.  You shouldn't have to cancel your trip if it's march ending.....

I checked ceac website to see if our file had been received by the embassy yet as for the last week or maybe more it has said in Transit.  Now today it says Ready, meaning they received file and all is set for interview day.  I am so excited, not nervous yet!!

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Ordonez08 said:

Congratulations!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.