dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2017

1,353 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Just now, Saheed said:

why are you still on immigration process since 2013?what brings about the delay?

Multiple denials and restarting the process

Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2014-06-07
I-129F NOA1 : 2014-06-11
I-129F NOA2 : 2014-11-21

NVC Received : 2014-12-09

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned: 2014-12-10

NVC Left: 2014-12-11

Consulate Received: 2014-12-17

Packet 3 Received: 2014-12-29

Interview Date: 2015-01-12

Refusal due to failed drug test, required one year of drug tests

Final Drug Test: 2016-01-21; PASSED

A few days later the embassy called:

PETITION EXPIRED - RETURNED TO USCIS

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Married : May 7, 2016

I-130 Sent : 2016-05-20

I-130 NOA1 : 2016-05-23

Transferred : 2016-10-12

I-130 NOA2 : 2016-11-08

NVC Received : 2016-12-01

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2016-12-03

Pay AOS Bill : 2016-12-03

Send AOS Package : 2016-12-08

Submit Ds-261 : 2016-12-03

Receive IV Bill : 2016-12-03

Pay IV Bill : 2016-12-30

Send IV Package: 2016-12-08

Checklist: 2017-03-31

Case Completed at NVC2017-05-01

Interview Date: 2017-06-06

Interview Result : Administrative Processing 

Visa In Hand: September 28, 2017

POE: October 19, 2017 - JFK

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 hour ago, alicia98981 said:

That sounds so painful! I really hope you get CC soon! I wouldn't worry too much about how many weeks someone on the phone on NVC says it will take - since they seem to know about as little as we do. This 6+6 week and now 8 week thing is just their estimate, and it doesn't seem very accurate at that.

As you can see in this (and the January) NVC Filers thread currently the waiting time for those with Nov/Dec scan dates has been around the 12 week mark - hopefully it will start to come down a bit as NVC catches up. Hang in there!

/S

-- IR1 for Wife and Son
 11/28 NVC Scan date
  1/11 Flagged for Supervisor
  1/18 "Sent to review team"
  2/15 Wife CC, Son checklist for missing I864W

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congrats on CC guys :wub:

Love logging in and seeing those posts. Makes my day sooo good. 

From what I can guess, they are working on cases from December 6th - 8th. I can't wait for more CCs this week. Hopefully by tomorrow they will get to January LOL ;) ( girl can dream ) 

Scan Date January 18th.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Scan Date:  12/02/2016

Supervisor Review:  01/23/2017

"Review Department":  02/13/2017

I check the website several times a day plus call everyday and get the same thing....

I am losing hope and getting anxious. :unsure::wacko:

2 hours ago, alicia98981 said:

did they drug test at the interview?  Is that normal, or specific to Morocco Consulate?  That sounds so painful, I can't even imagine the psychological torture of immigration taking so long!

Married: April 20th, 2016

I-130 Petition Sent: April 24th, 2016

NOA1 Received: May 17th, 2016

NOA2 Received: Sept 12th, 2016

----------

NVC Received: October 11th, 2016

NVC Case Number Assigned: October 19th, 2016

IV and AOS Fees Paid: October 28th, 2016

DS-260 Submitted: November 4th, 2016

Scan Date: November 9th, 2016

Supervisor Review: December 21st, 2016

Medical Exam Complete: January 9th, 2017

Checklist Received: January 10th, 2017

New Scan Date: January 24th, 2017

Contacted Congressman Aid: February 24th, 2017

Expedite Approved; Case sent to Auckland Consulate: March 27th, 2017

Interview Scheduled: 4/3/17 

----------

Interview Date: 4/18/17

Visa in Hand:

Date of US Entry:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Just now, Andy & Mike said:

did they drug test at the interview?  Is that normal, or specific to Morocco Consulate?  That sounds so painful, I can't even imagine the psychological torture of immigration taking so long!

No, it was before the interview a couple of years ago. The doctor didn't deliver the medical until after the interview and we got the bad news about a week later. We were told his visa would be put on hold for a year but once that year was complete, they then told us that the petition had already expired. The kicker is that we got the letter a few months later, that the petition had been returned to the US AFTER we contacted the embassy for his 3rd interview.

Service Center : Texas Service Center
I-129F Sent : 2014-06-07
I-129F NOA1 : 2014-06-11
I-129F NOA2 : 2014-11-21

NVC Received : 2014-12-09

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned: 2014-12-10

NVC Left: 2014-12-11

Consulate Received: 2014-12-17

Packet 3 Received: 2014-12-29

Interview Date: 2015-01-12

Refusal due to failed drug test, required one year of drug tests

Final Drug Test: 2016-01-21; PASSED

A few days later the embassy called:

PETITION EXPIRED - RETURNED TO USCIS

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Married : May 7, 2016

I-130 Sent : 2016-05-20

I-130 NOA1 : 2016-05-23

Transferred : 2016-10-12

I-130 NOA2 : 2016-11-08

NVC Received : 2016-12-01

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2016-12-03

Pay AOS Bill : 2016-12-03

Send AOS Package : 2016-12-08

Submit Ds-261 : 2016-12-03

Receive IV Bill : 2016-12-03

Pay IV Bill : 2016-12-30

Send IV Package: 2016-12-08

Checklist: 2017-03-31

Case Completed at NVC2017-05-01

Interview Date: 2017-06-06

Interview Result : Administrative Processing 

Visa In Hand: September 28, 2017

POE: October 19, 2017 - JFK

Filed: IR-2 Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 hours ago, Lion Star said:

Just called NVC, lady replied me that your scan date is 1st December, 2016 and documents has forwarded to supervisor for review on 19th January 2017. She said me you have to wait eight(8) weeks and your 8 weeks time starts from 19th January, 2017. 

I don't think that's accurate. The whole point was that you past the wait time, which is now 8 weeks from the old 6 weeks... Why make you wait another 8 weeks!... I would let others weigh in on this. Let's all hang in there.. Hopefully we all get past this stage soon and some great CHANGE happens at NVC soon, as this current process is dragging too long...

I-130 for " Chicago Lock-box "

Applying for my 2 children...

Sent I-130 to Chicago Lock-box

Sent on --- 08/29/2016

Received --- 08/31/2016

NOA 1 : 09/01/2016

Sent to : Potomac Service Center

NOA 2 : 01/03/2017

NVC:

Sent AOS & IV Packets:02/01/2017
Scan Date: 02/10/2017
Case Complete: 04/24/2017
Interview Date: **/**/****
Visa Approved: **/**/****
Visa In Hand: **/**/****

********************************************************************************************************

~"Our willingness to wait reveals the value we place on what we are waiting for..."~

~Charles Stanley~

1 minute ago, Wizzle said:

I don't think that's accurate. The whole point was that you past the wait time, which is now 8 weeks from the old 6 weeks... Why make you wait another 8 weeks!... I would let others weigh in on this. Let's all hang in there.. Hopefully we all get past this stage soon and some great CHANGE happens at NVC soon, as this current process is dragging too long...

I was told the same thing. Once I hit 6 weeks, I called and NVC put in a supervisor review request, told me that it would take up to 6 weeks for review/case complete. When I called them yesterday to check the status, they told me if was in the review department, but because they changed their review times, it could take up to 8 weeks for review. My original scan date is 12/29, but now they restarted the clock from 02/10. I called another time yesterday and was told the same thing twice. :unsure: The rep said that it shouldn't take 8 weeks, that I should hear something soon. 

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
49 minutes ago, Ahmed & Amy said:

I was told the same thing. Once I hit 6 weeks, I called and NVC put in a supervisor review request, told me that it would take up to 6 weeks for review/case complete. When I called them yesterday to check the status, they told me if was in the review department, but because they changed their review times, it could take up to 8 weeks for review. My original scan date is 12/29, but now they restarted the clock from 02/10. I called another time yesterday and was told the same thing twice. :unsure: The rep said that it shouldn't take 8 weeks, that I should hear something soon. 

Oh God, they are totally incompetent. That's what happened when government hires some contractor without controlling them the proper way. They take significant money from you and torture you the most sophisticated way. Franky speaking if somebody described me this situation "as is" I'd be sure that is some anecdote, very evil anecdote.

Don't we have any possibility to sue them? Or may be we should write to Secretary of State? 

1 minute ago, AlexUA said:

Oh God, they are totally incompetent. That's what happened when government hires some contractor without controlling them the proper way. They take significant money from you and torture you the most sophisticated way. Franky speaking if somebody described me this situation "as is" I'd be sure that is some anecdote, very evil anecdote.

Don't we have any possibility to sue them? Or may be we should write to Secretary of State? 

To be honest I have not an idea of what we should do about this. Where to begin, who to contact? So much has changed in the last months, I can't even compare what we experience presently to what other members experienced only 4-6 months ago. 

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Just now, Ahmed & Amy said:

To be honest I have not an idea of what we should do about this. Where to begin, who to contact? So much has changed in the last months, I can't even compare what we experience presently to what other members experienced only 4-6 months ago. 

I just hope we are very close to the end of this nightmare and understand our enquires will be reviewed too long to help us.

But it may help others in future. Unfortunately I'm not qualified with all formalities, probably same as you.  But may be somebody here is doing this procedure with an attorney or is an attorney himself they can comment on the possible steps?

2 minutes ago, Ahmed & Amy said:

Hey guys. We are on week 12 as of yesterday and  every time we call NVC we get the same old response that case is under review. I've been told to get your local  congressman involved. They have people specifically dealing with nvc delays and actually might help process the case faster 

26 minutes ago, Mojk said:

Hey guys. We are on week 12 as of yesterday and  every time we call NVC we get the same old response that case is under review. I've been told to get your local  congressman involved. They have people specifically dealing with nvc delays and actually might help process the case faster 

Yes, at this moment in time I would suggest contacting your regional congressman/woman or your state senator involved. Some member who were 12 going to 13 weeks just got CC, so hopefully you will be next. But it doesn't hurt to get your congressman or senator involved to help you in the mean time. 

Just landed in Houston. While waiting in line at immigration (takes longer to enter the US as a citizen than it does to enter UK as a visitor) I loaded up the website on my phone.

3 N/A's :)

Will try to sit on hold using Bluetooth in my car to confirm. Must have happened en route back since I checked before I left.

Scan date 11/28

Seems like NVC has stepped it up a little with the cc's posted on here in the last few days. Maybe they're trying to catch up. It seems that 10-12 weeks is about the "wait time" currently.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.