dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2017

1,353 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Fost04mach said:

Looks like all of my bitching and whining has finally paid off.  3rd n/a shows up, confirmed with them.  

i130 date: Jan 22nd 2016

Original scan date Sept 22nd 2016

2nd scan date Nov 25th 2016

Supervisor review Jan 6th 2017

Review dept Jan 12th 2017

Case Complete Feb 15th 2017

Asked what dates they're currently scheduling for, no idea.  I need to call and get a different guy, usually they can tell.. Guy couldn't tell if my expedite request was approved or not.  I've been so bitter for the past few months it's hard to crack a smile and enjoy this...   Let's hope for more CCs today, especially for those waiting the longest... 

Did you request an expedite and not get a reply? Or was it a confusing reply?  If you got approved for interview at consulate level, you would receive an email back from the NVC email address confirming it's approved. Did you receive any correspondence from them?  The wording for expedite approved for the interview stage would read "The U.S. Embassy or Consulate is willing to expedite this case when we have all the fees, forms, and documents"

Got married: 26th Sep 2013 

I-130 Petition Process:

Sent petition to USCIS Chicago lockbox (via in-laws to put check in US$): 11 Mar, 2016

NOA1: 24 Mar, 2016 (email notification 30 Mar. Hardcopy 11 Apr)

Service Centre: NEBRASKA

NOA2: 3rd Aug 2016

Petition sent to NVC: 18th Aug 2016

NVC Stage

Case number assigned: 8th Sep 2016

Paid AOS Fee: 9th Sep 2016

Paid IV Fee: 14th Sep 2016

DS-260 submitted: 25th Jan 2017

AOS & IV Package sent: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite requested: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite approved (consulate only): 1st Feb 2017

Scan Date: 31st Jan 2017

Case Complete: 14th April 2017 (10 weeks 4 days)

Full expedite approved (bypass NVC to send file to embassy), however too late as I already had case complete 17th Apr 2017

Case arrived at Embassy: 21st April 2017

P4 letter received: 26th April 2017 (expedite at embassy stage so this came from the consulate, not NVC)

Medical date: 26th April 2017

Interview date: 4th May 2017 APPROVED!!

Visa received: 8th May 2017 

POE (entered the USA): 15th May 2017 

so the other day our case was completed, but today I got an email about a checklist. I thought it was complete?? and also its asking me for things that I am positive that I included... like the cover sheet..... anyone been through this too? are they just losing documents on their desks?

Just now, Riann&Adam said:

so the other day our case was completed, but today I got an email about a checklist. I thought it was complete?? and also its asking me for things that I am positive that I included... like the cover sheet..... anyone been through this too? are they just losing documents on their desks?

I saw something on a forum a while ago about if you get a checklist after case complete it's a "false checklist". I hope this is the case for you, I suggest giving them a call!!

Got married: 26th Sep 2013 

I-130 Petition Process:

Sent petition to USCIS Chicago lockbox (via in-laws to put check in US$): 11 Mar, 2016

NOA1: 24 Mar, 2016 (email notification 30 Mar. Hardcopy 11 Apr)

Service Centre: NEBRASKA

NOA2: 3rd Aug 2016

Petition sent to NVC: 18th Aug 2016

NVC Stage

Case number assigned: 8th Sep 2016

Paid AOS Fee: 9th Sep 2016

Paid IV Fee: 14th Sep 2016

DS-260 submitted: 25th Jan 2017

AOS & IV Package sent: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite requested: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite approved (consulate only): 1st Feb 2017

Scan Date: 31st Jan 2017

Case Complete: 14th April 2017 (10 weeks 4 days)

Full expedite approved (bypass NVC to send file to embassy), however too late as I already had case complete 17th Apr 2017

Case arrived at Embassy: 21st April 2017

P4 letter received: 26th April 2017 (expedite at embassy stage so this came from the consulate, not NVC)

Medical date: 26th April 2017

Interview date: 4th May 2017 APPROVED!!

Visa received: 8th May 2017 

POE (entered the USA): 15th May 2017 

21 minutes ago, Thesmiths2016 said:

I saw something on a forum a while ago about if you get a checklist after case complete it's a "false checklist". I hope this is the case for you, I suggest giving them a call!!

il give them a call today! but also wondering, I found out about my case complete over the phone, not by email. So im wondering if because I hadnt recieved the case complete email yet, that this might be a real checklist? Il call any way... thanks :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
53 minutes ago, Thesmiths2016 said:

Did you request an expedite and not get a reply? Or was it a confusing reply?  If you got approved for interview at consulate level, you would receive an email back from the NVC email address confirming it's approved. Did you receive any correspondence from them?  The wording for expedite approved for the interview stage would read "The U.S. Embassy or Consulate is willing to expedite this case when we have all the fees, forms, and documents"

I didn't receive anything yet; it was sent out Monday when the NVC was closed because of snow, so I imagine they didn't forward it to the embassy until Tuesday at the earliest if not Wednesday.  

Filed: Timeline

Congrats on all of the CC's guys, Im so happy ! :D

So when we should expect to get our interview dates, in the first week of march?

December 2009 - First met.

February 2010 - Start of our relationship <3
January 7 2016 -Our Wedding in a romantic town of Aeroskobing <3

April 1 2016 - Sent CR1 package to RapidVisa.

April 18 2016 - CR1 Package delivered to USCIS Phoenix lock box.

April 22 2016 - Acceptance notification received by email. Case sent to Nebraska Service Center.

May 03 2016 - NOA1 hard copy received.

May 24 2016 - Return to the US to reestablish domicile.

August 3 2016 - Case transferred to Texas Service Center.

August 29 2016 - I-130 approved! (NOA2) <3 <3 <3

September 30 2016 - NVC Recieved.
November 14 2016 - Sent AOS and IV packages to Rapidvisa! :D
November 29 2016 - SCAN DATE!
February 15 2017 - Case Complete at NVC (11 weeks)
March 28 2017 - My Interview Day! :D (APPROVED!!!)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
2 hours ago, Riann&Adam said:

Sometimes they do give you a checklist, even with a case complete, but it is for things that you should bring to the interview and not to mail back to NVC.  What did the instructions say on the checklist?  And yes, it is best to confirm via phone.

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Scan date: around Dec 13th 2016 - I didn't get an email about it.

We called in late January and they said that they received our package. They also said that the 6 weeks ended on February 8th. 

We called on February 8th and a lady said that we were over the 6 week period and apologized. She forwarded our case to a supervisor and said we should receive an answer in the next couple of days. Haven't heard from them. CEAC says at NVC, only 2 N/A still.

On February 11th I received an answer to an email that I sent ages ago where I asked about our flipping visa status. Their answer was "The correspondence submitted is currently under review. An appropriate action will be taken once this review is completed."

Called back yesterday (February 15th) and a lady said that our case hasn't been reviewed, please allow another week. My husband asked "what happens if I call back in a week and there is still nothing new?" She said " I'm sorry but that's a possibility" :huh:

Anyone in my same situation? What's going on?

We call them every day, and every day they have a different answer. It's really hard to stay positive :wacko:

I'm happy that a lot of you are having their cases completed though. 

USCIS

I-130 Sent: 05-02-2016

I-130 NOA1: 05-10-2016

I-130 Approved: 07-14-2016

NVC

NVC Received: 08-10-2016

Pay AOS Bill: 10-03-2016

Pay IV Bill: 10-03-2016

Submit DS-260: 11-01-2016

Send AOS & IV Package: 12-02-2016 

Scan Date: 12-28-2016

Supervisor Review: 02-08-2017

Case Complete: 03-01-2017

Interview Date: 04-05-2017 APPROVED 😁

Visa Received: 04-10-2017

POE: 05-09-2017

SSN Received: 06-06-2017

Green Card Received: 06-23-2017

1 minute ago, lbrt said:

Scan date: around Dec 13th 2016 - I didn't get an email about it.

We called in late January and they said that they received our package. They also said that the 6 weeks ended on February 8th. 

We called on February 8th and a lady said that we were over the 6 week period and apologized. She forwarded our case to a supervisor and said we should receive an answer in the next couple of days. Haven't heard from them. CEAC says at NVC, only 2 N/A still.

On February 11th I received an answer to an email that I sent ages ago where I asked about our flipping visa status. Their answer was "The correspondence submitted is currently under review. An appropriate action will be taken once this review is completed."

Called back yesterday (February 15th) and a lady said that our case hasn't been reviewed, please allow another week. My husband asked "what happens if I call back in a week and there is still nothing new?" She said " I'm sorry but that's a possibility" :huh:

Anyone in my same situation? What's going on?

We call them every day, and every day they have a different answer. It's really hard to stay positive :wacko:

I'm happy that a lot of you are having their cases completed though. 

What they should have told you was the following:

They have 6 weeks after they receive your papers to review it

Once 6 weeks are up, they notify a supervisor. The department then has another additional 6 weeks to review the documents

Once 12 weeks is up, we don't know yet. I think there is one person around here right now at 13 weeks with no answer but generally they say it will be done in 12. I'm at 11 weeks a 5 days and still not done.

The problem is that each person, as you said, gives you a different answer. Saying "Should be a couple days" is so inappropriate in these situations given how far behind they are. Even saying "Check back in a week" is inappropriate. They need to be honest.

12 hours ago, parsha said:

oh my god oh my god

I think I saw 3 N/A!!! N/A!!!!!!

but I am at work, I can't call!!!

oh my!!! oh my!!!

7 hours ago, Slution said:

Congrats to all the CCs ??

I just called to confirmed my CC with 3 n/a on 2/10, interview date set for 3/28. I guess they still register March interviews during middle of the month.

It seems they finally speeding up, best lucks everyone, you all gonna get CC and interviews soon!!

Congratulations on your CCs :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Scan Date. 01/31/17

CC. 02/06/17

Interview date. March 23rd. ????

Edited by Samuelelbu1990

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

so i received 3rd checklist last night for my mother in law and father in law and this is the 3rd check list so far. My father in law case has been completed however they are asking to update I-864A with original sign and date and can bring to the interview and for my mother in law case is not complete yet, but receive the same check list and stats to send it to NVC and once its done then will schedule for interview. I asked the rep that how long it will take more now after receiving the 3rd checklist i mention 30 days which stats on the checklist letter and she said this is the old time frame and our new time frame is now to 8 weeks. I was like this is crazy so i have to wait another 8 weeks just to send this form again which i already submitted on the 1st place with all other documents. i am a half happy at least one case is now completed. I asked if i can email to them she said no send us by mail they require original document with original sig. i am just not happy with the process because she could have submit this form during interview because they ask the same form to my father in law to be submitted during interview. Should i call back and talk with supervisor please advice me <_<

Edited by Zaib212

Filed: IR-2 Country: Nigeria
Timeline
19 hours ago, Mushtaha said:

finally after 13 weeks i saw the famous 3 NA's. can't beleive my eyes. on the phone waiting for confirmation??????????

Congratulations on your CC. :)

I-130 for " Chicago Lock-box "

Applying for my 2 children...

Sent I-130 to Chicago Lock-box

Sent on --- 08/29/2016

Received --- 08/31/2016

NOA 1 : 09/01/2016

Sent to : Potomac Service Center

NOA 2 : 01/03/2017

NVC:

Sent AOS & IV Packets:02/01/2017
Scan Date: 02/10/2017
Case Complete: 04/24/2017
Interview Date: **/**/****
Visa Approved: **/**/****
Visa In Hand: **/**/****

********************************************************************************************************

~"Our willingness to wait reveals the value we place on what we are waiting for..."~

~Charles Stanley~

Filed: IR-2 Country: Nigeria
Timeline
21 hours ago, Renegade said:

Just saw my 3 NA's finally the wait is over!

Scan Date November 29

Congratulations!!! :)

I-130 for " Chicago Lock-box "

Applying for my 2 children...

Sent I-130 to Chicago Lock-box

Sent on --- 08/29/2016

Received --- 08/31/2016

NOA 1 : 09/01/2016

Sent to : Potomac Service Center

NOA 2 : 01/03/2017

NVC:

Sent AOS & IV Packets:02/01/2017
Scan Date: 02/10/2017
Case Complete: 04/24/2017
Interview Date: **/**/****
Visa Approved: **/**/****
Visa In Hand: **/**/****

********************************************************************************************************

~"Our willingness to wait reveals the value we place on what we are waiting for..."~

~Charles Stanley~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.