dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2017

1,353 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Fost04mach said:

Rep wouldn't say anything other than it's been escalated to a supervisor on january 6th.  they said 6 weeks hadn't expired yet... and kept repeating that, no matter what question I asked.  I even asked what's causing the slowdown and she said the same thing.  Basically this went on until she got pissed and hung up on me.  

I cannot wait to take them to court...  

Crazy! Are you not 11 weeks already? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Dre876 said:

Okay so let me get this straight, as soon as i my AOS bill says "paid" I should call the to let them review my ds-261 so i can get my iv bill and ds-260 faster???

I would call. I remember calling them in the morning and the IV fees became available that very day.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Riann&Adam said:

3 n/as!!!!!!! wooohoooo!!! on hold now to confirm!!! :)

YaSSSssssssssss !! Congratulations :wub:

Hoping to see a few more CC today. I would be a happy girl .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Ahmed & Amy said:

Crazy! Are you not 11 weeks already? 

working on finishing the 12th week; 11 weeks and 4 days.  12 full weeks is up on Friday.  

I'm gonna start writing to media outlets I think maybe one of them will expose this thing to the masses so we can get some attention...  

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mushtaha said:

congrats, soo glad to see Cc. 

scan date: Nov 18

i'm on my 13 week ?

Jesus... we must be in the same pile of papers... in the same drawer, with the guy who went on vacation.  

Did you call to tell them it's been over 12 weeks/6 weeks on supervisor review?  Did they say anything different?

10 minutes ago, Fost04mach said:

working on finishing the 12th week; 11 weeks and 4 days.  12 full weeks is up on Friday.  

I'm gonna start writing to media outlets I think maybe one of them will expose this thing to the masses so we can get some attention...  

Well I'm sure many media outlets would be interested in this... But most media do not care about the lives of human beings, as long as they can make a buck or create some type of scandal out of it.  Maybe I'm wrong.

Edited by Ahmed & Amy

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Ahmed & Amy said:

Well I'm sure many media outlets would be interested in this... But most media do not care about the lives of human beings, as long as they can make a buck or create some type of scandal out of it.  Maybe I'm wrong.

Well, if you play their games and write it's Trump who ordered to stop processing all the cases and sent all Review Department staff selling Ivanka's merchandise by direct marketing surely some nationwide agencies will consider giving this story a first page!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, Fost04mach said:

I sent a bit different letter to the congresswoman - her office actually helped with USCIS and replied back to me last time.  With USCIS I mailed my senators and never heard from their offices, so I gave up on them this time.  The congresswoman sent a standard response letter (which I also got last time) saying they will try and contact the NVC.  I did mention in there they should talk to Peter Whateverhisnameis - the Director of the NVC instead of going through the general customer service number... We'll see. 

@Fost04mach What if we all try to call him directly instead of waiting on hold with NVC & being hung up on!?...

4 hours ago, Ahmed & Amy said:

It was the exact opposite for me. My regional congressman never contacted me back, although his automatic response said he would. Both senators for GA contacted me back, I continued with the one who contacted me back first. My senators liaison was awesome and so helpful, he constantly stayed in contact with me throughout the whole ordeal with USCIS (even during the elections). 

I'm thinking when I hit 8 weeks (Feb 23rd) and have not had CC, I will go ahead and send the liaison I have contacts with a a privacy release form to get the ball rolling. Right now I've already began filling the form out and am saving it for later... just in case.^_^ 

Please do let us know if your congresswoman was able to help you. Good Luck :) 

@Ahmed & Amy I also had a similar problem with my congressman when trying to request an expedite at USCIS stage. I tried to enlist his help & his liaison told me that "there's nothing much she can do, but will try" & then started telling me stories that "with these things, it can take a long time, even years & years. If they're not in a good mood, they can just throw your file away & not look at it. So can't give you a time frame"

Luckily my USCIS file was completed in a relatively good time, about 5 months & 2 weeks total, but I've given up on my congressman at that point itself. Am now considering enlisting my senators' help. 1 of them already has a disclaimer on their site, but let's see what they can do!

3 hours ago, Riann&Adam said:

3 n/as!!!!!!! wooohoooo!!! on hold now to confirm!!! :)

Finally some good news today! Congrats @Riann&Adam

1 hour ago, Mushtaha said:

congrats, soo glad to see Cc. 

scan date: Nov 18

i'm on my 13 week ?

I guess we'll finally get answer to our question: What happens after 12 weeks are over.... @Mushtaha Just curious, have you called to find out yet?

2016/05/20: NOA-1 - Petition accepted and sent to Nebraska Service Center... So begins the waiting game :clock:

2016/11/02: NOA-2 - Petition Approved (Had to call to find out, no e-mail or text) :dancing:

2016/11/15: NVC Received

2016/12/08: Sent AOS & IV Packages

2017/03/10: Case Completed :dance:

2017/04/24: Interview Scheduled

Congratulations, @Riann&Adam! What a perfect Valentine's Day! <3

USCIS Timeline

09-13-2016: ___________ I-130 Mailed to Chicago Lockbox from Japan

09-21-2016: ___________ NOA1

10-27-2016: ___________ NOA2

11-07-2016: ___________ Case sent to NVC

NVC Timeline   

11-14-2016: ___________ Case received by NVC

11-21-2016: ___________ Case number and IIN assigned

11-23-2016: ___________ DS-261 completed online

11-26-2016: ___________ AOS fee unlocked and paid / welcome email from NVC received

11-30-2016: ___________ IV fee unlocked and paid / barcoded cover sheets for AOS and IV received

12-04-2016: ___________ DS-260 completed online

12-19-2016: ___________ AOS and IV packets mailed to NVC

12-23-2016: ___________ Scan Date

02-08-2017: ___________ Escalated to supervisor review

02-27-2017: ___________ Review Department
03-06-2017: ___________ Case Complete (10 weeks from Scan Date)

Interview and US Timeline 

03-13-2017: ___________ Interview date found out by calling NVC

03-16-2017: ___________ Interview letter received

03-21-2017: ___________ Medical Exam in Tokyo

04-03-2017: ___________ Interview in Tokyo (APPROVED!!!) 
04-05-2017: ___________ Passport with immigrant visa stamp received in the mail
04-25-2017: ___________ POE (LAX)

05-15-2017: ___________ Green Card in the mail (20 days after POE)

05-24-2017: ___________ Filed for social security number at a physical office (21 working days after POE as per their policy)
06-06-2017: ___________ Social Security Card (with number) in the mail 

ROC Timeline

03-19-2019: ___________ I-751 delivered at USCIS Phoenix

03-21-2019: ___________ Check cashed

03-22-2019: ___________ Text notification of Receipt Number

03-26-2019: ___________ Form 797 (NOA) and extension letter received in the mail

Sometime in April: _____ Missed Biometrics appointment (never got the letter)

08-05-2019: ___________ Rescheduled Biometrics appointment

08-09.2019: ___________ Notified USCIS of address change

08-21-2019: ___________ Case status "Ready to Schedule Your Interview"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Samuelelbu1990 said:

How long is the usual wait from CC to get an interview date!??

They will start scheduling interviews for April the first week of March. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mr&MrsKhiladi said:

@Fost04mach What if we all try to call him directly instead of waiting on hold with NVC & being hung up on!?...

I'd be willing to bet money he tells us to call customer service... 

Timeline

Logged into CEAC and saw the famous 3 N/A's!! :D  Called and confirmed and the rep said our case is complete!! *takes deep breath*  

:dance:

Scan date: Nov. 18th

Supervisor review: Dec. 30th

Review department: Jan. 4th

CC: Feb. 14th

12/16/2015 Married

USCIS

06/15/2016 Priority mailed I-130

06/17/2016 Was delivered

06/22/2016 NOA1 via text and email

​06/27/2016 NOA1 Hardcopy received

08/11/2016 NOA2 Hardcopy (Approved!)

NVC

10/06/2016 Case received

10/19/2016 Case & Invoice number assigned

10/20/2016 Filled out DS-261

10/23/2016 Paid AOS fee

10/28/2016 IV Invoice

10/31/2016 Paid IV fee

11/10/2016 DS-260 Complete

11/16/2016 AOS & IV Packets sent

11/17/2016 NVC received AOS & IV packets

11/18/2016 Scan date

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.