dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2017

1,353 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Riann&Adam said:

just got off the phone with the NVC, After being super polite I was VERY rudely yelled at by a woman there, saying that things are backed up and she has no answers. I know their job is probably not easy, but being talked to like that is so out of line!! .... losing faith in humanity!!

The first time I got a rude person like that, I ended up downloading an app to record my calls.  I haven't had a single rude one since, nor do i tell them it's being recorded... but if I catch another one, there's gonna be hell to pay. 

18 minutes ago, AlexUA said:

You may laugh but I've sent this to Ask-NVC. I'm just exhausted :)

Dear NVC, I feel very sorry to fill this complaint. After learning from other people who are waiting for Case to be Complete that completed case takes about 5 days only to get confirmation e-mail I'm calling every single day to check the status of my case.

I should praise your phone representatives - most of them are very polite and helpful. Unfortunately, the Review Department is not reachable. As I understand representatives can do nothing but answer standard script "Your case is inside the review Department".

But today my case got 10 weeks and by the time you answer it will probably reach 11 weeks mark. Your processing time was stated as 6 weeks and I got Scan Date, now it increased to 8 weeks. But the problem is I'm not aware of anybody who got their case complete in 8 weeks at all. I'm checking with other people on different internet boards and some are almost 12 weeks, some 10 weeks, some 11. Almost nobody gets approved in 8 or even 9 weeks.

I appreciate your job and it's very hard and helpful to us and our families. I just ask can you please at least give realistic info on the process. If I know it'll be 12 weeks than ok but every day I check because your representative promised much faster review. I think several hours every day about my case, I just dream it to be completed and an interview scheduled.

I hope you should just tell applicants the true situation. Then we will stop calling and wait and you may even transfer people from phone to review.

And please, finally please, I beg you to give me 2 honest answers even if they will be painful:
1) When you are expecting to review my case?
2) Do I have any chances for the March interview?

I just ask you to reply at least something more than standard formal text.

Thanks a lot, surely you understand who I feel and how other people feel now
Alex

I wrote something similar, but much less nice, and much more angry...  I wish I could stay as nice as some of you.  The most I can do is make fun of them, and hopefully lighten up our moods on here.  I sent it to the expedite request email since that's the only one I know... even if the expedited part is the consulate interview and not the actual case complete.  I don't know if it'll do any good, but hopefully someone will read it in between their snow breaks.

To whom it may concern,

<case info>

I am writing to you requesting that my current case with the NVC be expedited.  Here is the timeline of this case so far:

January 22nd, 2016 - case received by USCIS at Potomac processing center.  Receipt Number YSCxxxxxxxxxxx.  
June 20th, 2016 - Congresswoman Kirsten Sinema, and Senators Jeff Flake and John McCain contacted
August 24th, 2016 - 7 months later, USCIS finally approves the case
August 30th, 2016 - case is sent to NVC for processing.
September 22nd, 2016 - Case number assigned by NVC and proper documents sent to NVC (1st scan date)
November 22nd, 2016 - a checklist is issued for wrong version of form I864 sent.  
November 25th, 2016 - correct form of i864 sent, new form has no new information other than a field that does not apply to my case. 
January 18th 2017 - requested a supervisor callback, none received.
February 2nd 2017 - requested another supervisor callback, none received.

NVC website says "Once received, it will take the NVC 2 to 4 weeks to review your case"  
When calling the customer service line, I am told 6 weeks.  
After 6 weeks passed, on January 6th 2017, the case got escalated to supervisor review.
I am told the case may take up to 6 additional weeks under supervisor review.  
When asking what happens if the 6 weeks of supervisor review expire, the agents have no idea and claim they have never seen a case go past that.  

I am currently in my 12th week of waiting, completing this 12th week on Friday February 17.
Nobody seems to have an idea what happens afterwards, it appears I will be setting a new record of processing times for the NVC.

I am currently at the point where I have to file for an IRS extension to be able to process my taxes - as my wife does not yet have her social security number, because of your department.  Let me rephrase that.  I have to ask for an extension from the federal government because the federal government is taking well over a year to process my case.  

If the situation was reversed, and I had gotten a letter from the IRS, and over a year later I told them I'm still reviewing their request, I would likely get arrested. 

The financial implications of your (in)actions is just staggering, and continues to mount up with every day that passes.  The pain of being away from my wife for so long, instead of starting our life together, is even harder to quantify. 

Please expedite this case.  If any information is needed, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Timeline
8 minutes ago, AlexUA said:

Heh thanks, if they respond with some standard text I'll cry :) But most probably they will reply exactly this way. 

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they respond to the emails saying they are too busy to answer emails.  

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
7 hours ago, mmadd636 said:

Scan date: 12/6

Week 11 started today.

I have the same date 12/06, and still no update as i get the same details from NVC case is under review by supervisor. I sent them additional document and it was just one paper not 1000 papers that's taking them over 12 weeks.. let's pray that everyone get response, and hope within the time frame.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, mmadd636 said:

I have emailed my congressman and am waiting for an answer. 

Hello,

What email you use to sent them an email. Can you please provide some details. I live in MD as well, so look like we may have the same congressman or is it different?

1 hour ago, Fost04mach said:

The first time I got a rude person like that, I ended up downloading an app to record my calls.  I haven't had a single rude one since, nor do i tell them it's being recorded... but if I catch another one, there's gonna be hell to pay. 

I wrote something similar, but much less nice, and much more angry...  I wish I could stay as nice as some of you.  The most I can do is make fun of them, and hopefully lighten up our moods on here.  I sent it to the expedite request email since that's the only one I know... even if the expedited part is the consulate interview and not the actual case complete.  I don't know if it'll do any good, but hopefully someone will read it in between their snow breaks.

To whom it may concern,

<case info>

I am writing to you requesting that my current case with the NVC be expedited.  Here is the timeline of this case so far:

January 22nd, 2016 - case received by USCIS at Potomac processing center.  Receipt Number YSCxxxxxxxxxxx.  
June 20th, 2016 - Congresswoman Kirsten Sinema, and Senators Jeff Flake and John McCain contacted
August 24th, 2016 - 7 months later, USCIS finally approves the case
August 30th, 2016 - case is sent to NVC for processing.
September 22nd, 2016 - Case number assigned by NVC and proper documents sent to NVC (1st scan date)
November 22nd, 2016 - a checklist is issued for wrong version of form I864 sent.  
November 25th, 2016 - correct form of i864 sent, new form has no new information other than a field that does not apply to my case. 
January 18th 2017 - requested a supervisor callback, none received.
February 2nd 2017 - requested another supervisor callback, none received.

NVC website says "Once received, it will take the NVC 2 to 4 weeks to review your case"  
When calling the customer service line, I am told 6 weeks.  
After 6 weeks passed, on January 6th 2017, the case got escalated to supervisor review.
I am told the case may take up to 6 additional weeks under supervisor review.  
When asking what happens if the 6 weeks of supervisor review expire, the agents have no idea and claim they have never seen a case go past that.  

I am currently in my 12th week of waiting, completing this 12th week on Friday February 17.
Nobody seems to have an idea what happens afterwards, it appears I will be setting a new record of processing times for the NVC.

I am currently at the point where I have to file for an IRS extension to be able to process my taxes - as my wife does not yet have her social security number, because of your department.  Let me rephrase that.  I have to ask for an extension from the federal government because the federal government is taking well over a year to process my case.  

If the situation was reversed, and I had gotten a letter from the IRS, and over a year later I told them I'm still reviewing their request, I would likely get arrested. 

The financial implications of your (in)actions is just staggering, and continues to mount up with every day that passes.  The pain of being away from my wife for so long, instead of starting our life together, is even harder to quantify. 

Please expedite this case.  If any information is needed, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

I apologize for laughing, but you how you wrote them is honestly blunt. :lol: 

I really do hope they answer you soon. You did involve your senator/congressman, correct? 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Ahmed & Amy said:

I apologize for laughing, but you how you wrote them is honestly blunt. :lol: 

I really do hope they answer you soon. You did involve your senator/congressman, correct? 

I sent a bit different letter to the congresswoman - her office actually helped with USCIS and replied back to me last time.  With USCIS I mailed my senators and never heard from their offices, so I gave up on them this time.  The congresswoman sent a standard response letter (which I also got last time) saying they will try and contact the NVC.  I did mention in there they should talk to Peter Whateverhisnameis - the Director of the NVC instead of going through the general customer service number... We'll see. 

On February 4, 2017 at 7:46 AM, phillamb168 said:

Of course, but they're not equivalent. CBP would deny a tourist visa on grounds that an immigration visa was in process, and thus there was an intent to immigrate. Whereas with an IR1 they'd not have that 'reason.' Do what you feel is best, but I just wanted to caution you.

Just an update.  Landed in CLT, was easy peazy.  

Officer: how long Are you visiting for?

me: leaving on 28 feb

officer: purpose of visit

me: to visit husband and step kids

officer: husband lives here?

me: yes

officer: what does he do?

me: (answered)

officer: how long for?

me: up to feb 28

officer: enjoy your stay

I must add i was asked a lot of details on my business in Dubai while transiting London.  I guess i got preapproved there.

50 minutes ago, Fost04mach said:

I sent a bit different letter to the congresswoman - her office actually helped with USCIS and replied back to me last time.  With USCIS I mailed my senators and never heard from their offices, so I gave up on them this time.  The congresswoman sent a standard response letter (which I also got last time) saying they will try and contact the NVC.  I did mention in there they should talk to Peter Whateverhisnameis - the Director of the NVC instead of going through the general customer service number... We'll see. 

It was the exact opposite for me. My regional congressman never contacted me back, although his automatic response said he would. Both senators for GA contacted me back, I continued with the one who contacted me back first. My senators liaison was awesome and so helpful, he constantly stayed in contact with me throughout the whole ordeal with USCIS (even during the elections). 

I'm thinking when I hit 8 weeks (Feb 23rd) and have not had CC, I will go ahead and send the liaison I have contacts with a a privacy release form to get the ball rolling. Right now I've already began filling the form out and am saving it for later... just in case.^_^ 

Please do let us know if your congresswoman was able to help you. Good Luck :) 

22 minutes ago, Auds said:

Just an update.  Landed in CLT, was easy peazy.  

Officer: how long Are you visiting for?

me: leaving on 28 feb

officer: purpose of visit

me: to visit husband and step kids

officer: husband lives here?

me: yes

officer: what does he do?

me: (answered)

officer: how long for?

me: up to feb 28

officer: enjoy your stay

I must add i was asked a lot of details on my business in Dubai while transiting London.  I guess i got preapproved there.

Awesome! really happy it went easy for you. :thumbs:

Just now, maryam78 said:

Did anyone else call NVC today and kept getting busy signal?  I didn't have problem calling them last week.

I got through this morning fine. You may be calling them at their peak hours. Just keep calling back until you get through, or wait until their later hours in the evening. :) 

Filed: IR-3 Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ahmed & Amy said:

I got through this morning fine. You may be calling them at their peak hours. Just keep calling back until you get through, or wait until their later hours in the evening. :) 

Thanks,

I thought even if they are busy it should go to the voice recording like it did last week when I called but I guess maybe they backed up like u said. Anyways I will keep calling. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.