dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2017

1,353 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, AlexUA said:

My 11th week started today too... with a call and its still under review. What's new, the representative asked me to hold for a minute while checking status just after standard questions about case number, date of birth etc. I even thought something changed but no.

By the way, several our friends here were very close to 12 weeks last week. Somebody should hit 12 weeks today or tomorrow. Isn't it? What are our plans?

May be I'm wrong but haven't seen approved cases for a while here. While 2 weeks ago every day somebody was happy last days no good news reach this thread :(

3 minutes ago, Zebracakex said:

Thats exactly what I was thinking driving to work this morning. I think I have only seen maybe three approvals so far this month. One was electronically submitted and couple more from December. I really am praying they pick up this week. They had a snow day last week and yesterday ( which I understand safety first as they have families too ). 

They updated their website to " 8 weeks " but, I know there are many of you that have been waiting past that time frame. Hopefully you will hear something today. 

Wishing all the love birds a very Happy Valentines Day :wub: 

Scan Date January 18th

Just now, Fost04mach said:

I am on my 12th week, it'll be complete on Friday.  They have no idea what is supposed to happen at 12 weeks whenever I ask them, they always act as if that is unheard of.  They haven't worked for 2 days because of the snow. 

You'd think that more cases would be complete... In January after the Christmas and New Year holidays, it seemed like so many cases were complete at one time. Now it's silent. I keep getting the excuse that they were overloaded with mail, but this is what I've heard since December, from people who had scan dates from Oct, Nov, & Dec. It really makes you wonder when they will catch up. Is it going to be the new norm to involve our state representatives?

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Fost04mach said:

I am on my 12th week, it'll be complete on Friday.  They have no idea what is supposed to happen at 12 weeks whenever I ask them, they always act as if that is unheard of.  They haven't worked for 2 days because of the snow. 

Frankly, I think they just read the script! Just imagine you are anwering tons of calls every day, most people are out of standard 6/8 weeks and they all tel you "Hey, sorry, it's too long for now, what's happening there?" but you still answer everybody some standard text "Oh it's all Ok as your case is in review department now, wait for e-mail". I can't believe anybody will say this from his own heart. With no insight, no details etc. They are probably not allowed to give us details on what's happening there.

We should find some way to speak with their bosses. With those who are in charge of the whole NVC. They cooperate with attorneys, have some meetings etc. May be somebody knows e-mail of some real person in charge? 

P.S. I can't believe they can not review several pages with such a price they charge us. That's non-sense! How much their hour cost? Do they spend 10-20 hours per each case? That's unbelievable. Ok, they can set up a dedicate team with +$100 price and 5 days guarantee. Why not? They are Federal Contractor and that means they are private company. They can earn some money and most of us will probably agree to pay more just not to wait for ages.

Edited by AlexUA

Timeline
3 minutes ago, mmadd636 said:

I have emailed my congressman and am waiting for an answer. 

Oh you're lucky :) At least you have a congressman. And I'm immigrating under employment based category so nobody in U.S. who can contact congressman on my behalf. But I doubt it helps anyway...

If you read New York Times everybody is very concerned with 90 day travel ban for tourists and refugees!. Wow. If a tourist or refugee (a person who probably will arrive and ask for public welfare) should wait for 90 days everybody is concerned. But when U.S. citizens who wait for their families or employment based immigrants who will arrive to work for this country wait much longer that's not interesting.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
8 minutes ago, AlexUA said:

Oh you're lucky :) At least you have a congressman. And I'm immigrating under employment based category so nobody in U.S. who can contact congressman on my behalf. But I doubt it helps anyway...

If you read New York Times everybody is very concerned with 90 day travel ban for tourists and refugees!. Wow. If a tourist or refugee (a person who probably will arrive and ask for public welfare) should wait for 90 days everybody is concerned. But when U.S. citizens who wait for their families or employment based immigrants who will arrive to work for this country wait much longer that's not interesting.

Take the stuff you read in the media (especially the New York Times) with a grain of salt.  They are extremely biased against Trump and will make a huge case out of anything... The travel ban has been suspended and there were only a handful of people that were delayed/turned around... out of hundreds of thousands (if not close to a million) of people trying to get in (and out) at borders each day, whether by air or from Canada/Mexico.  These stories are completely blown out of proportion...  And often misleading.  Here's one example that came out at the height of the executive order craze:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4170800/amp/Croatian-woman-detained-LAX-set-deported.html

But it turns out it wasn't related.  Did they bother to correct the story? Newp.  

https://www.total-croatia-news.com/politics/16281-foreign-ministry-detention-of-croatian-woman-in-los-angeles-not-connected-with-trump-s-order

At this point what the media is doing, is soviet style disinformation at its finest.  

just got off the phone with the NVC, After being super polite I was VERY rudely yelled at by a woman there, saying that things are backed up and she has no answers. I know their job is probably not easy, but being talked to like that is so out of line!! .... losing faith in humanity!!

Filed: Other Country: Poland
Timeline

New York times is garbage. It was a ban on 7 high risk countries. And he banned refugees from only those 7. He also lowered the refugee count to 50,000 fiscal year instead of 110,000. I fully support it.

Anyway, yes I hope I hear back from my congressman soon. Seems to have good results from others who have contacted theirs.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Fost04mach said:

Take the stuff you read in the media (especially the New York Times) with a grain of salt.  They are extremely biased against Trump and will make a huge case out of anything... The travel ban has been suspended and there were only a handful of people that were delayed/turned around... out of hundreds of thousands (if not close to a million) of people trying to get in (and out) at borders each day, whether by air or from Canada/Mexico.  These stories are completely blown out of proportion...  And often misleading.  Here's one example that came out at the height of the executive order craze:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4170800/amp/Croatian-woman-detained-LAX-set-deported.html

But it turns out it wasn't related.  Did they bother to correct the story? Newp.  

https://www.total-croatia-news.com/politics/16281-foreign-ministry-detention-of-croatian-woman-in-los-angeles-not-connected-with-trump-s-order

At this point what the media is doing, is soviet style disinformation at its finest.  

Unfortunately yes, I agree. What's our problem nobody is really interested in people who are waiting for NVC decision. State Department is concerned with many things like international policy, immigrant visas are definitely not their priority. The only way for us is to find some contact inside NVC to escalate and at least get real answers. 

4 minutes ago, Riann&Adam said:

just got off the phone with the NVC, After being super polite I was VERY rudely yelled at by a woman there, saying that things are backed up and she has no answers. I know their job is probably not easy, but being talked to like that is so out of line!! .... losing faith in humanity!!

Don't lose faith just yet, you're almost there. Sometimes when I call I get the kindest reps ever and other times I don't. Most of them don't have a real clue to what's going on, and others are willing to offer kind and informative advice(if what they say is true ;)).

Maybe call back at a later time that isn't in there peak hours and you may find someone much kinder and more helpful. I wish you luck :)

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Ahmed & Amy said:

Don't lose faith just yet, you're almost there. Sometimes when I call I get the kindest reps ever and other times I don't. Most of them don't have a real clue to what's going on, and others are willing to offer kind and informative advice(if what they say is true ;)).

Maybe call back at a later time that isn't in there peak hours and you may find someone much kinder and more helpful. I wish you luck :)

You're right. By the way I'm calling them every single day but don't remember any more informative reply than "your case is being rewieved" and "frankly speaking a supervisor will not help more than we can"

Timeline

You may laugh but I've sent this to Ask-NVC. I'm just exhausted :)

Dear NVC, I feel very sorry to fill this complaint. After learning from other people who are waiting for Case to be Complete that completed case takes about 5 days only to get confirmation e-mail I'm calling every single day to check the status of my case.

I should praise your phone representatives - most of them are very polite and helpful. Unfortunately, the Review Department is not reachable. As I understand representatives can do nothing but answer standard script "Your case is inside the review Department".

But today my case got 10 weeks and by the time you answer it will probably reach 11 weeks mark. Your processing time was stated as 6 weeks and I got Scan Date, now it increased to 8 weeks. But the problem is I'm not aware of anybody who got their case complete in 8 weeks at all. I'm checking with other people on different internet boards and some are almost 12 weeks, some 10 weeks, some 11. Almost nobody gets approved in 8 or even 9 weeks.

I appreciate your job and it's very hard and helpful to us and our families. I just ask can you please at least give realistic info on the process. If I know it'll be 12 weeks than ok but every day I check because your representative promised much faster review. I think several hours every day about my case, I just dream it to be completed and an interview scheduled.

I hope you should just tell applicants the true situation. Then we will stop calling and wait and you may even transfer people from phone to review.

And please, finally please, I beg you to give me 2 honest answers even if they will be painful:
1) When you are expecting to review my case?
2) Do I have any chances for the March interview?

I just ask you to reply at least something more than standard formal text.

Thanks a lot, surely you understand who I feel and how other people feel now
Alex

12 minutes ago, AlexUA said:

You may laugh but I've sent this to Ask-NVC. I'm just exhausted :)

Dear NVC, I feel very sorry to fill this complaint. After learning from other people who are waiting for Case to be Complete that completed case takes about 5 days only to get confirmation e-mail I'm calling every single day to check the status of my case.

I should praise your phone representatives - most of them are very polite and helpful. Unfortunately, the Review Department is not reachable. As I understand representatives can do nothing but answer standard script "Your case is inside the review Department".

But today my case got 10 weeks and by the time you answer it will probably reach 11 weeks mark. Your processing time was stated as 6 weeks and I got Scan Date, now it increased to 8 weeks. But the problem is I'm not aware of anybody who got their case complete in 8 weeks at all. I'm checking with other people on different internet boards and some are almost 12 weeks, some 10 weeks, some 11. Almost nobody gets approved in 8 or even 9 weeks.

I appreciate your job and it's very hard and helpful to us and our families. I just ask can you please at least give realistic info on the process. If I know it'll be 12 weeks than ok but every day I check because your representative promised much faster review. I think several hours every day about my case, I just dream it to be completed and an interview scheduled.

I hope you should just tell applicants the true situation. Then we will stop calling and wait and you may even transfer people from phone to review.

And please, finally please, I beg you to give me 2 honest answers even if they will be painful:
1) When you are expecting to review my case?
2) Do I have any chances for the March interview?

I just ask you to reply at least something more than standard formal text.

Thanks a lot, surely you understand who I feel and how other people feel now
Alex

I love what you wrote, I hope they respond to you.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ahmed & Amy said:

I love what you wrote, I hope they respond to you.

Heh thanks, if they respond with some standard text I'll cry :) But most probably they will reply exactly this way. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.