dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2017

1,353 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 minute ago, Fost04mach said:

Because your case just completed.  Congratulations! :D

I dont think that's possible, I got my case number last week, I haven't even paid any fees yet. I've only submitted the DS-261

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Dre876 said:

I dont think that's possible, I got my case number last week, I haven't even paid any fees yet. I've only submitted the DS-261

Did you file electronically?  or is it a work visa?  Some of those work differently than the traditional snail-mail IR1 cases...  It might just be the fee hasn't unlocked to pay yet... I think they unlock one at a time.

Edited by Fost04mach

Timeline
Just now, Fost04mach said:

Did you file electronically?  or is it a work visa?  Some of those work differently than the traditional snail-mail IR1 cases...

It's a CR2 visa and no i didn't file electronically 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

My wife got in a car accident Saturday, her and the kids are fine but the car is totaled. We can't afford to buy a new car, so she is even more stuck than before. I ask my congressional liaison to ask NVC for an update / try to get it reviewed sooner now that they have no way to get around... I don't know if that will change anything.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
38 minutes ago, phillamb168 said:

My wife got in a car accident Saturday, her and the kids are fine but the car is totaled. We can't afford to buy a new car, so she is even more stuck than before. I ask my congressional liaison to ask NVC for an update / try to get it reviewed sooner now that they have no way to get around... I don't know if that will change anything.

oh goodness. I am glad your family is ok. I thought I read somewhere financial hardship can expedite the case ( I think ) . Its wroth a try . Someone here said they contacted the congressmen office and helped their case. Good Luck

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Zebracakex said:

oh goodness. I am glad your family is ok. I thought I read somewhere financial hardship can expedite the case ( I think ) . Its wroth a try . Someone here said they contacted the congressmen office and helped their case. Good Luck

Thanks

Timeline

I spent 7 months at USCIS and i'm reading posts where people are spending 21 weeks at nvc. Sigh I thought all the waiting would've been left behind at USCIS. I haven't even started to submit any documents yet

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Dre876 said:

I spent 7 months at USCIS and i'm reading posts where people are spending 21 weeks at nvc. Sigh I thought all the waiting would've been left behind at USCIS. I haven't even started to submit any documents yet

7 months at USCIS too... started Jan 22nd 2016.  And my name is Andrei - go by Dre as well.  I guess, don't be called Dre if you need to go through immigration, damn. lol... 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Fost04mach said:

7 months at USCIS too... started Jan 22nd 2016.  And my name is Andrei - go by Dre as well.  I guess, don't be called Dre if you need to go through immigration, damn. lol... 

Loll??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 2/12/2017 at 5:50 AM, Jorcruzina said:

I looked online which congressmen is in charge of the district where my husband lives in, went to the website and i wrote them an E-mail. A week later i got a response from the Districts Aid to fill out and sign the privacy release form so they can contact NVC on our behalf. Low and behold she responded 3 days later with a response from the NVC that they will be looking into my file (look at my previous post on this topic, i copied and pasted it) That email got forwarded to me on the 7th and on the 10th i got 3 N/A's. Since my scan Date was Dec 13th and there is lots of people with scan dates before mine, so i am almost certain that me contacting the congressman did the trick. 

I would recommend everyone that is past the 8 weeks to contact them immediately.

Hi, I was wondering, what did you say in the email? i just want to know what to say to them. Congrats! You did it where your husbands lives in the US?

9 hours ago, Renegade said:

Thats so funny, they are extremely backlogged, but they are skipping days due to weather conditions and enjoying their weekends, while we are suffering here.

Remember they are people too. If the storm is so bad they deem it a snow day it's not out of laziness, its out of safety and the ability to get to work.  I know its hard to not get mad at them but remember that most are at the mercy of their employer and they are working hard just like we would be if we were there in their shoes.  I find being nice to them when you call gets you answers much easier than being angry and making them defensive :-)  

Got married: 26th Sep 2013 

I-130 Petition Process:

Sent petition to USCIS Chicago lockbox (via in-laws to put check in US$): 11 Mar, 2016

NOA1: 24 Mar, 2016 (email notification 30 Mar. Hardcopy 11 Apr)

Service Centre: NEBRASKA

NOA2: 3rd Aug 2016

Petition sent to NVC: 18th Aug 2016

NVC Stage

Case number assigned: 8th Sep 2016

Paid AOS Fee: 9th Sep 2016

Paid IV Fee: 14th Sep 2016

DS-260 submitted: 25th Jan 2017

AOS & IV Package sent: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite requested: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite approved (consulate only): 1st Feb 2017

Scan Date: 31st Jan 2017

Case Complete: 14th April 2017 (10 weeks 4 days)

Full expedite approved (bypass NVC to send file to embassy), however too late as I already had case complete 17th Apr 2017

Case arrived at Embassy: 21st April 2017

P4 letter received: 26th April 2017 (expedite at embassy stage so this came from the consulate, not NVC)

Medical date: 26th April 2017

Interview date: 4th May 2017 APPROVED!!

Visa received: 8th May 2017 

POE (entered the USA): 15th May 2017 

5 hours ago, Zebracakex said:

Financial hardship (if approved) will only get an expedite at interview stage (e.g.: they will schedule the next available interview that allows time for your medical to be completed rather than waiting for the next scheduling batch) but won't speed things up at NVC unless you're over the 8 weeks.  I got that straight from NVC last week.  But in my opinion even that little expedite is better than nothing!  A couple of weeks is still a couple of weeks. 

Got married: 26th Sep 2013 

I-130 Petition Process:

Sent petition to USCIS Chicago lockbox (via in-laws to put check in US$): 11 Mar, 2016

NOA1: 24 Mar, 2016 (email notification 30 Mar. Hardcopy 11 Apr)

Service Centre: NEBRASKA

NOA2: 3rd Aug 2016

Petition sent to NVC: 18th Aug 2016

NVC Stage

Case number assigned: 8th Sep 2016

Paid AOS Fee: 9th Sep 2016

Paid IV Fee: 14th Sep 2016

DS-260 submitted: 25th Jan 2017

AOS & IV Package sent: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite requested: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite approved (consulate only): 1st Feb 2017

Scan Date: 31st Jan 2017

Case Complete: 14th April 2017 (10 weeks 4 days)

Full expedite approved (bypass NVC to send file to embassy), however too late as I already had case complete 17th Apr 2017

Case arrived at Embassy: 21st April 2017

P4 letter received: 26th April 2017 (expedite at embassy stage so this came from the consulate, not NVC)

Medical date: 26th April 2017

Interview date: 4th May 2017 APPROVED!!

Visa received: 8th May 2017 

POE (entered the USA): 15th May 2017 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.