dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2017

1,353 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
12 hours ago, bcking said:

Do you contact Senator or Representative?

Do you just email them or call them?

I looked online which congressmen is in charge of the district where my husband lives in, went to the website and i wrote them an E-mail. A week later i got a response from the Districts Aid to fill out and sign the privacy release form so they can contact NVC on our behalf. Low and behold she responded 3 days later with a response from the NVC that they will be looking into my file (look at my previous post on this topic, i copied and pasted it) That email got forwarded to me on the 7th and on the 10th i got 3 N/A's. Since my scan Date was Dec 13th and there is lots of people with scan dates before mine, so i am almost certain that me contacting the congressman did the trick. 

I would recommend everyone that is past the 8 weeks to contact them immediately.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
12 hours ago, bcking said:

I emailed but most are open to calls as well.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
14 hours ago, bcking said:

Call them it's faster they will email you the papers you need to fill out the same day , I used my senator when my case was at uscis for 12 months , for some reason I'm not having any luck with this process 18 months since my Noa 1 , first scan date 10/28 , second scan date 12/31 , I can't take it anymore I can't even sleep these days , good luck to everyone I hope we can be done with this nightmare soon .

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017/02/12/snowy-storms-new-england-texas/97819702/ 

Looks like more snow storms. Not sure if NVC will be open tomorrow or not. 

4 minutes ago, Ahmed & Amy said:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017/02/12/snowy-storms-new-england-texas/97819702/ 

Looks like more snow storms. Not sure if NVC will be open tomorrow or not. 

I am sure Wil be not open tomorrow. 

Filed: EB-5 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
8 hours ago, Jorcruzina said:

I looked online which congressmen is in charge of the district where my husband lives in, went to the website and i wrote them an E-mail. A week later i got a response from the Districts Aid to fill out and sign the privacy release form so they can contact NVC on our behalf. Low and behold she responded 3 days later with a response from the NVC that they will be looking into my file (look at my previous post on this topic, i copied and pasted it) That email got forwarded to me on the 7th and on the 10th i got 3 N/A's. Since my scan Date was Dec 13th and there is lots of people with scan dates before mine, so i am almost certain that me contacting the congressman did the trick. 

I would recommend everyone that is past the 8 weeks to contact them immediately.

Hello i'm not currently in the US and filing an Employment based petition for myself, so probably don''t have'' a privilege. Is it worth contacting the rep for Texas for the district where i intend to immigrate to help. Would they even consider helping? Im really desperate at this point and would do anything with a remote chance of helping to move things along. Secondly, would you be kind to send a template of the email you sent, if you have one. What kind of details did you include?

Timeline
5 hours ago, AMINE1980 said:

Call them it's faster they will email you the papers you need to fill out the same day , I used my senator when my case was at uscis for 12 months , for some reason I'm not having any luck with this process 18 months since my Noa 1 , first scan date 10/28 , second scan date 12/31 , I can't take it anymore I can't even sleep these days , good luck to everyone I hope we can be done with this nightmare soon .

Hang in there, second scan dates don't necessary reset the clock to 6 weeks. i'll keep calling them, We've seen people who called and got their case reviewed much before the 6 weeks period. All the best and hope you get CC soon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
3 minutes ago, TeeA10 said:

Hello i'm not currently in the US and filing an Employment based petition for myself, so probably don''t have'' a privilege. Is it worth contacting the rep for Texas for the district where i intend to immigrate to help. Would they even consider helping? Im really desperate at this point and would do anything with a remote chance of helping to move things along. Secondly, would you be kind to send a template of the email you sent, if you have one. What kind of details did you include?

I am not sure about employment based petitions. I don't know how they'll handle it. For all of us that have a family based petition some of us endure extreme hardship because this process is keeping families apart.  I mean you can try, by all means. I don't have a template. All i did was wrote them on their websites "contact us" form. I explained the situation and that i have been apart from my husband for over a year now due to this process. Evey immigration situation is different. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jorcruzina said:

I am not sure about employment based petitions. I don't know how they'll handle it. For all of us that have a family based petition some of us endure extreme hardship because this process is keeping families apart.  I mean you can try, by all means. I don't have a template. All i did was wrote them on their websites "contact us" form. I explained the situation and that i have been apart from my husband for over a year now due to this process. Evey immigration situation is different. 

I do understand your point about the hardship with family-based petitions and truly empathize with everyone. However, like you said, all immigration cases are different and i couldn't agree more. For me, i have been on this matter for almost 2 years now, i filed my petition with USCIS in April 2015 and was assured by my lawyer hat the entire processing to receiving a green card takes between 6-9 months and yet, here i am.

It is completely difficult not being able to move on with life and make specific plans. Waiting to make this major move as a family and not knowing when, because the process is in someone else' s hands is very overwhelming, as so many things especially with my spouse and children ride on this.

I can only pray that we get through this stage and have our interview and be able to settle down in good time. Sorry for the rant....

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
11 minutes ago, TeeA10 said:

I do understand your point about the hardship with family-based petitions and truly empathize with everyone. However, like you said, all immigration cases are different and i couldn't agree more. For me, i have been on this matter for almost 2 years now, i filed my petition with USCIS in April 2015 and was assured by my lawyer hat the entire processing to receiving a green card takes between 6-9 months and yet, here i am.

It is completely difficult not being able to move on with life and make specific plans. Waiting to make this major move as a family and not knowing when, because the process is in someone else' s hands is very overwhelming, as so many things especially with my spouse and children ride on this.

I can only pray that we get through this stage and have our interview and be able to settle down in good time. Sorry for the rant....

Frankly speaking at this stage (NVC) there is no difference. I have also employment based. It's just the same but without Affidavit of Support. It's also almost 10 weeks in NVC. There is no separate line for employment based. We just should wait.

P.S. Is your lawyer really honest? My lawyer told me I should expect 8-12 months at NVC stage only, she is very-very realistic and handles many cases so is aware of current trends.

Edited by AlexUA

Timeline
2 minutes ago, AlexUA said:

Frankly speaking at this stage (NVC) there is no difference. I have also employment based. It's just the same but without Affidavit of Support. It's also almost 10 weeks in NVC. There is no separate line for employment based. We just should wait.

Thanks, I hear you!

BTW, Out of curiosity, how often do you call NVC to check on your case, especially, seeing as we wont know we have CC if we login to our account?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, TeeA10 said:

Thanks, I hear you!

BTW, Out of curiosity, how often do you call NVC to check on your case, especially, seeing as we wont know we have CC if we login to our account?

Now each day, some days twice. Each day I feel my chances for March interview are almost zero & it makes me mad.

My lawyer said that during interview they ask about job propositions and may place me under administrative processing if no job is agreed at that moment. So I've started phone interviews. But it's very hard to agree on anything when I can't tell "when I'm available to start". May be hiring managers also fear all those immigration hoax and when I tell them "well, NVC is very slow and I can't predict" they feel I'm bad candidate. NVC ruins our plans, our families and careers. That's true. Tomorrow they can lose our birth certificates and add 2-3 months of processing time. But we can do nothing, you understand :) As non citizen can't even call a senator.

Edited by AlexUA

Timeline
2 minutes ago, AlexUA said:

Now each day, some days twice. Each day I feel my chances for March interview are almost zero & it makes me mad.

My lawyer said that during interview they ask about job propositions and may place me under administrative processing if no job is agreed at that moment. So I've started phone interviews. But it's very hard to agree on anything when I can't tell "when I'm available to start". May be hiring managers also fear all those immigration hoax and when I tell them "well, NVC is very slow and I can't predict" they feel I'm bad candidate. NVC ruins our plans, our families and careers. That's true. Tomorrow they can lose our birth certificates and add 2-3 months of processing time. But we can do nothing, you understand :) As non citizen can't even call a senator.

You've said it all. We will hang on there and hope for the best! I pray you are able to get a commitment from a good firm soon and that this will be our week!

Timeline
2 hours ago, TeeA10 said:

You've said it all. We will hang on there and hope for the best! I pray you are able to get a commitment from a good firm soon and that this will be our week!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.