dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2017

1,353 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, milaroy said:

Today February 10th is my wife and daughters interview date. They were approved.  What a roller coaster of a journey. :D:dance::dancing:

I want to take thisopportunity to thank all those how offered their knowledge and experience to assist us.

Thank you Visa Journey 

Congratulations!!!!!

21 minutes ago, milaroy said:

Today February 10th is my wife and daughters interview date. They were approved.  What a roller coaster of a journey. :D:dance::dancing:

I want to take thisopportunity to thank all those how offered their knowledge and experience to assist us.

Thank you Visa Journey 

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

Married: 5-July-2015
I-130 Petition Sent: 11-May-2016
NSC Received (Our Priority Date): 12-May-2016
NOA2 Received: 30-September-2016 141 days for I-130 approval
NOA2 Hard Copy Received: 06-October-2016
Petition Sent to NVC: 17-October-2016 17 days for petition to be sent to NVC
NVC Received: 21-October-2016 4 days to be received at NVC
NVC Case Number Assigned: 31-October-2016 10 days for case number to be assigned
NVC Welcome Letter Received: 3-November-2016 @ 12:10 AM 3 days from case number assigned until Welcome Letter received and invoices unlocked
IV and AOS Fees Unlocked: 3-November-2016 @ 7:00 AM
IV and AOS Fees Paid: 3-November-2016
DS-260 Unlocked: 7-November-2016 2.5 business days for DS-260 to be unlocked
DS-260 Submitted: 8-November-2016
AOS and IV Documents Sent: 9-November-2016
Scan Date: 14-November-2016 5 days to receive scan date due to a holiday/weekend
Medical expedite requested: 14-December-2016
Medical expedite approved at consulate: 19-December-2016 Expedite approved with consulate but denied at NVC; still need to wait for case complete
Case on Supervisor Review: 22-December-2016
Case sent to the Review Department: 13-January-2017
Case Complete: 24-January-2017     10 weeks and 2 days at NVC before case completed
Case arrived at consulate/CEAC status "Ready": 1-February-2017
Interview: 21-February-2017   We scheduled our own interview because we had an approved medical expedite with the consulate. By sheer luck we got such a quick interview date because someone cancelled their appointment less than 20 minutes prior
Interview Result: Approved!!
Visa Issued: 21-February-2017     Visa issued same day as interview
DHL tracking information received: 22-February-2017     DHL tracking number appeared 28 hours after interview, scheduled for delivery the next day
Visa in hand: 23-Feb-2017
US POE (Minneapolis): 26-Feb-2017

9 hours ago, Thesmiths2016 said:

Hi. Do you mind if i ask the reason for your expedite? We got approved for expedite but I don't believe ours speeds up the NVC part. Was yours for medical expedite? They're the fastest from what I've seen 

Honest, I just wrote a letter because my case was at NVC for 3 months and as a US citizen i should have priority and get answers as far as document review. So it was sent to the embassy. 

Filed: EB-5 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
22 minutes ago, milaroy said:

Thank you Visa Journey 

Good, good news! Congratulation!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
3 hours ago, TeeA10 said:

Yeah. Its too nerve racking, i'll try and keep it at twice a week. Hopefully i can, i also email weekly and they have been good at replying emails in 24 hours.

Do you write through online format or do you send email?? the past two times I wrote them it took me around 2 weeks to get response. 

I usually write through here: https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
1 hour ago, milaroy said:

Thank you Visa Journey 

Congratulations...!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 hour ago, milaroy said:

Thank you Visa Journey 

congrate!! happy for u!! can start new life with ur family!!!

N-400 Timeline

2022/03/01: 90 days filing window open

2022/03/20: Filed N-400 online

2022/03/21: Case received, no biometrics required

2022/03/21: Online status change to Case is being Actively Reviewed by USCIS

2022/08/15: Interview was scheduled

2022/09/20: Interview Date

2022/09/20: Citizenship Approved

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
4 hours ago, TeeA10 said:

Yeah. Its too nerve racking, i'll try and keep it at twice a week. Hopefully i can, i also email weekly and they have been good at replying emails in 24 hours.

Really 24 hours? About 1,5 week to get reply to any e-mail from my experience

Timeline
2 hours ago, Raag said:

This is what I heard from NVC help line rep:

Feb. 8: We have until mid night of today to review your case :-)

Feb.10: We will move your case to priority list for review. We have a huge backlog. Please give us 2 more weeks to complete the review :-(

Oh God! They are unbelievable...   Your Scan Dateis 28 December and my is 06 December. 3 weeks between our cases. So if they say "your case should be completed in 2 weeks" than my should be already completed 1 week ago but that's not true, at least tomorrow morning it was not complete yet. I think they just guess.

Today called a rep, it was really hard to get to the representative, about 25 minutes waiting despite of early morning time. She was very polite and helpful but told they can do nothing at all, I just need to wait. I've asked for Supervisor but nobody was available and she said that, frankly speaking, a Supervisor also can't do anything. Waiting is the only option and they can't predict how long it would be.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Sweden
Timeline

NVC was closed yesterday due to snowstorm, therefore also hard to get through today since "everyone" is trying to call. Looks like there will be another snowstorm on Monday and maybe they will be closed then as well. Too bad for all of us - like we need more things to slow this down:-(

Edited by ny2017

2 hours ago, milaroy said:

Thank you Visa Journey 

Congratulations :) 

1 minute ago, ny2017 said:

NVC was closed yesterday due to snowstorm, therefore also hard to get through today since "everyone" is trying to get through. Looks like there will be another snowstorm on Monday and maybe they will be closed then as well. Too bad for all of us - like we need more things to slow this down:-(

Yep, I tried calling earlier a few times but just got a busy signal. :unsure:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Today marks the end of 11 weeks/starting 12th week for me.... And I just read this stuff:

http://www.independentsentinel.com/state-rushing-refugees-into-us-77-of-refugees-are-from-the-seven-terror-countries/

I guess the "refugees" are more important than us, people who already earn and help support the society here... and pay for this government to exist... 

Sigh.

26 minutes ago, AlexUA said:

Oh God! They are unbelievable...   Your Scan Dateis 28 December and my is 06 December. 3 weeks between our cases. So if they say "your case should be completed in 2 weeks" than my should be already completed 1 week ago but that's not true, at least tomorrow morning it was not complete yet. I think they just guess.

Today called a rep, it was really hard to get to the representative, about 25 minutes waiting despite of early morning time. She was very polite and helpful but told they can do nothing at all, I just need to wait. I've asked for Supervisor but nobody was available and she said that, frankly speaking, a Supervisor also can't do anything. Waiting is the only option and they can't predict how long it would be.

My scan date is 12/29... I was told to call yesterday, as I would be 6 weeks. But yesterday they were closed. I'm not even going to bother calling them today since now they said their review processing times is 8 weeks instead of 6 weeks...

Frankly, I'm not even sure what to do. I wait ti 8 weeks... I call now... Is it even worth calling, knowing most likely their answer will be 'wait 2 more weeks' ??

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ahmed & Amy said:

My scan date is 12/29... I was told to call yesterday, as I would be 6 weeks. But yesterday they were closed. I'm not even going to bother calling them today since now they said their review processing times is 8 weeks instead of 6 weeks...

Frankly, I'm not even sure what to do. I wait ti 8 weeks... I call now... Is it even worth calling, knowing most likely their answer will be 'wait 2 more weeks' ??

I suggest you calling anyway. Now and every week at least. May be it will be placed into Review Department faster and you get Case Complete in 10 but not 12 weeks. I really call them every day now because I can't stop thinking about this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.