dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2017

1,353 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Zaib212 said:

Check in..

Scan date 12/06.

forward to Supervisor on Jan 17... I called last week and they said still in review under supervisor and can make decision anytime. I called 2 weeks ago and i asked how soon i will get an answer she said that you may get the interview for in March so i am getting close to march and still no update. any one have experience how long it will take more..for my father in law and mother in law interview will be in  Islamabad Pakistan..

By the way i have 2 N/A so what is this really mean. I read other people messages and some said 3 N/A. and what is mean CC? sorry i am a bit confused..

When your  aos fee change from paid to  n/a that's your third , that mean your case is complete (cc).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Zaib212 said:

Check in..

Scan date 12/06.

forward to Supervisor on Jan 17... I called last week and they said still in review under supervisor and can make decision anytime. I called 2 weeks ago and i asked how soon i will get an answer she said that you may get the interview for in March so i am getting close to march and still no update. any one have experience how long it will take more..for my father in law and mother in law interview will be in  Islamabad Pakistan..

By the way i have 2 N/A so what is this really mean. I read other people messages and some said 3 N/A. and what is mean CC? sorry i am a bit confused..

2 N/As is normal.  When the 3rd N/A shows up under AOS Fee (where it now says "Paid"), then your case is complete.  This seems to hold true for most that are non-electronic filing.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Fost04mach said:

2 N/As is normal.  When the 3rd N/A shows up under AOS Fee (where it now says "Paid"), then your case is complete.  This seems to hold true for most that are non-electronic filing.

I paid all of the fees in August 2016, so the stats is showing "PAID", but i see 2 N/A on both of the cases. so according to your information my case is complete you made me feel a bit happy now waiting for interview.:D .. thanks

Timeline
20 minutes ago, AMINE1980 said:

When your  aos fee change from paid to  n/a that's your third , that mean your case is complete (cc).

so when PAID change to N/A that's mean my case is now complete, but i paid all the fees in august 2016 and now that's taking more time..:unsure:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Zaib212 said:

I paid all of the fees in August 2016, so the stats is showing "PAID", but i see 2 N/A on both of the cases. so according to your information my case is complete you made me feel a bit happy now waiting for interview.:D .. thanks

No you will see 3 N/A's not 2. PAID under Affidavit of Support Fee will be changed to N/A . If you spot 3 N/A's your case is COMPLETE. If you are still seeing 2 N/A's unfortunately it is not :( Hope I helped.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 2/7/2017 at 1:01 PM, Zebracakex said:

You're right. Sadly they WON'T change anything and we CAN'T change it either.

" Its the process " " you have to be patience " "speaking to a supervisor won't expedite your case " I have heard all of those before and more. We just gotta suck it up, wait for someone to pick our files and review it. Well... if thats how it works as "supervisor review" is a dang on FLAG next to the case and no one actually reviewing the case smh.... :(

@Zebracakex Although I agree with you that they won't change anything. I think if we all get together & make them listen to us as 1 voice, they will have to change. That's what the entire Constitution is based on "We The People". So if we can unite and tell NVC & Dept. of State that what they're doing is unacceptable, then they will have to listen to us, and make the necessary changes. No Taxation Without Representation; so if they want out taxes & fees, then they have to represent our interests.

On 2/8/2017 at 1:36 PM, bcking said:

I've started to ask them what happens at 12 weeks (I'm at 10 1/2 right now, roughly). They won't answer that question. They keep avoiding it say "We have up to 12 weeks", to which I respond "So what if you aren't done by 12 weeks?" and they just don't answer it. I don't think they even know. 

I'm sure they are "working as fast as they can" with the resources they have. They need more resources. Either whoever the government outsources this to (I've heard the people we are talking to on the phone aren't federal employees, but an outside company) needs to spend more money on more staff and pocket less profits, or the federal government needs more resources for it.

EDIT: THe third option is they need to devote effort into improving their system. Why are such a small number of countries doing electronic processing? that is just crazy to me. it is the 21st century. THe vast majority of countries should be able to submit their paperwork electronically. It should be the EXCEPTION to do mail, not the rule. It's like we are working with a system that is 30 years old. 

@bcking It's not only the reps on the phone, but also the "supervisors" that review & approve our cases too... I once googled the federal contractor & they had positions for phone/customer service reps, processors, & many others... I also read in a different piece of article/paper, that NVC only has about 8 - 12 federal employees, basically to oversee their operations, but rest of the people actually working on the cases & dealing with public are all through the 1 contractor. I'll try to find the paper & share it if I can.

On 2/8/2017 at 1:54 PM, vintash said:

Oh I totally agree ! 

I was was trying to read through the thread and see if anyone has gone over 12 weeks ... I haven't seen it so my fingers are crossed. 

@vintash I asked that in 1 of my calls, & the rep replied that after the 12 weeks, they flag the case for supervisor review. I tried clarifying that I'm referring to after the 12 week mark, 6 weeks initial + 6 week sup. review... Answer was still the same, "it gets flagged for supervisor review"

14 hours ago, Ahmed & Amy said:

Today I am officially at 6 weeks and no CC.  

@Ahmed & Amy Welcome to the (not so) Exclusive Supervisor Review Club :)

10 hours ago, lsu_mike said:

What time does NVC start accepting calls?  I know they open at 7am eastern, but I keep getting a recording that customer service reps are not available at this time.  

This is really becoming frustrating.  We, as taxpayers, should demand better service than what they're are providing!  At a minimum, a truthful time frame that case are being completed and, why the long delays!!

@lsu_mike You can start calling at 7:00 AM, but I think it's 7:00 AM your local time. I tried several time to call like 8:00 AM EST, but it was still before 7:00 AM my local time, & I couldn't get through. As soon as it was 7:00 am my local time, I was able to get through. I had tried form a land line & a cell phone both... Not sure how it works for internationally.

33 minutes ago, Zaib212 said:

Check in..

Scan date 12/06.

@Zaib212 The 2 "N/A's" that you're referring to (AOS & Civil Document) is the standard for everyone. When the AOS Fee changes from "Paid" to "N/A" that's the 3rd N/A we're all waiting for. That usually means a CC.

2016/05/20: NOA-1 - Petition accepted and sent to Nebraska Service Center... So begins the waiting game :clock:

2016/11/02: NOA-2 - Petition Approved (Had to call to find out, no e-mail or text) :dancing:

2016/11/15: NVC Received

2016/12/08: Sent AOS & IV Packages

2017/03/10: Case Completed :dance:

2017/04/24: Interview Scheduled

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Zaib212 said:

so when PAID change to N/A that's mean my case is now complete, but i paid all the fees in august 2016 and now that's taking more time..:unsure:

You can pay the fees whenever they're available. The real countdown starts once you send in all the Civil Documents (IV Package) & AOS Documents. Then after they receive it, they will scan it into their system & that day will be your scan date. However, they will not actually start reviewing if you have not completed the IV Application.... So you have to do all 3 things before they will start to review your case

1 - Complete IV Application
2 - Send AOS Documents

3 - Send IV Package (Civil Documents)

The 3 things above are not dependent on each other, and can be done separately... However, what you should make sure is that you send both the document packages in 1 mail, otherwise, sending them separately will delay your case unnecessarily. They re-set your scan date every time you send a piece of document. So, it's better to send everything together in 1 packet. Hope this helps!

2016/05/20: NOA-1 - Petition accepted and sent to Nebraska Service Center... So begins the waiting game :clock:

2016/11/02: NOA-2 - Petition Approved (Had to call to find out, no e-mail or text) :dancing:

2016/11/15: NVC Received

2016/12/08: Sent AOS & IV Packages

2017/03/10: Case Completed :dance:

2017/04/24: Interview Scheduled

Filed: EB-5 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, AMINE1980 said:

Just throwing it out there that for employment based visas (EB) the 3 N/A rule doesn't hold true, as we are exempt from AOS fees, so we have exempt instead of PAID under the AOS fees. For me i've have  3 N/As right from the start, but i guess not where it matters.

Edited by TeeA10

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Mr&MrsKhiladi said:

You can pay the fees whenever they're available. The real countdown starts once you send in all the Civil Documents (IV Package) & AOS Documents. Then after they receive it, they will scan it into their system & that day will be your scan date. However, they will not actually start reviewing if you have not completed the IV Application.... So you have to do all 3 things before they will start to review your case

1 - Complete IV Application
2 - Send AOS Documents

3 - Send IV Package (Civil Documents)

The 3 things above are not dependent on each other, and can be done separately... However, what you should make sure is that you send both the document packages in 1 mail, otherwise, sending them separately will delay your case unnecessarily. They re-set your scan date every time you send a piece of document. So, it's better to send everything together in 1 packet. Hope this helps!

i agree with you, and i did the same thing that you mention all 3 steps above. I sent both package(Civil Documents and AOS documents and the same time i complete IV application, after 2 months they send me an email for additional documents that needed which i already submit but they still asked so i sent them and they scan it on 12/6. I called them after 1 month they said you have ti wait at least 42 days so i wait and on 42 day i called they said that in the system is now complete 42 days so it will be forward to supervisor for review since then i called many times they said the same things still with supervisor and they can make decision anytime soon.:rolleyes: so just waiting patiently and waiting so i am in 9 weeks after i sent them the additional document.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
6 hours ago, norieyora said:

8 weeks?!

I am at week 9, so now what?

N-400 Timeline

2022/03/01: 90 days filing window open

2022/03/20: Filed N-400 online

2022/03/21: Case received, no biometrics required

2022/03/21: Online status change to Case is being Actively Reviewed by USCIS

2022/08/15: Interview was scheduled

2022/09/20: Interview Date

2022/09/20: Citizenship Approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
On 2/8/2017 at 6:13 PM, Thesmiths2016 said:

So ... my case is at NVC. We have sent our AOS and IV package, but when I check our status it still says "AT NVC" and refers to the 6 steps on the NVC site to follow.  I assume this means that our package hasn't been received yet.  Can someone enlighten me on what I will see pop up as my status when they do receive and scan it?  I can't seem to find what "clue" to look for to confirm they've scanned our info in.

Hi! I am also in basically the same situation as TokyoHNL and I just found this thread.  I am also in the 7th week of waiting and I am also planning on quitting my job at the end of March.  I am the Petitioner and I understand that I may have to go back to the US before my wife and kids, but I'd love to attend the interview or at least know that it has been scheduled before I go!  

I'm curious where you are checking your status that states "AT NVC".  When I log into the VISA status check at ceac.state.gov, a screen pops up with our case number and a message to "please follow the instructions..." regarding the six steps to take with the NVC before an interview can be made.  I'm feeling a bit anxious as to whether they have our paperwork or not!

Thanks for all of the great information!  

My husbands case was approved for expedited processing 02/07.... I checked the nvc website today and my case status states "in transit to the consulate/embassy" does this mean I should be getting an interview date soon? My embassy is Santo Domingo. Anyone in here has been through the expediting process. It was approved and the email states this case was approved by your consulate general  for expedite processing and the file will be immediately forwarded from the NVC to the embassy.  

26 minutes ago, parsha said:

8 weeks?!

I am at week 9, so now what?

20 minutes ago, vintash said:

Same !

When I was in this process, NVC site said 6 weeks and mine took 10 :(

It seems ~10 weeks is the average for CC right now. Hang in there!

Married: 5-July-2015
I-130 Petition Sent: 11-May-2016
NSC Received (Our Priority Date): 12-May-2016
NOA2 Received: 30-September-2016 141 days for I-130 approval
NOA2 Hard Copy Received: 06-October-2016
Petition Sent to NVC: 17-October-2016 17 days for petition to be sent to NVC
NVC Received: 21-October-2016 4 days to be received at NVC
NVC Case Number Assigned: 31-October-2016 10 days for case number to be assigned
NVC Welcome Letter Received: 3-November-2016 @ 12:10 AM 3 days from case number assigned until Welcome Letter received and invoices unlocked
IV and AOS Fees Unlocked: 3-November-2016 @ 7:00 AM
IV and AOS Fees Paid: 3-November-2016
DS-260 Unlocked: 7-November-2016 2.5 business days for DS-260 to be unlocked
DS-260 Submitted: 8-November-2016
AOS and IV Documents Sent: 9-November-2016
Scan Date: 14-November-2016 5 days to receive scan date due to a holiday/weekend
Medical expedite requested: 14-December-2016
Medical expedite approved at consulate: 19-December-2016 Expedite approved with consulate but denied at NVC; still need to wait for case complete
Case on Supervisor Review: 22-December-2016
Case sent to the Review Department: 13-January-2017
Case Complete: 24-January-2017     10 weeks and 2 days at NVC before case completed
Case arrived at consulate/CEAC status "Ready": 1-February-2017
Interview: 21-February-2017   We scheduled our own interview because we had an approved medical expedite with the consulate. By sheer luck we got such a quick interview date because someone cancelled their appointment less than 20 minutes prior
Interview Result: Approved!!
Visa Issued: 21-February-2017     Visa issued same day as interview
DHL tracking information received: 22-February-2017     DHL tracking number appeared 28 hours after interview, scheduled for delivery the next day
Visa in hand: 23-Feb-2017
US POE (Minneapolis): 26-Feb-2017

8 minutes ago, CSG said:

My husbands case was approved for expedited processing 02/07.... I checked the nvc website today and my case status states "in transit to the consulate/embassy" does this mean I should be getting an interview date soon? My embassy is Santo Domingo. Anyone in here has been through the expediting process. It was approved and the email states this case was approved by your consulate general  for expedite processing and the file will be immediately forwarded from the NVC to the embassy.  

I know we've talked before, but my case was also approved for expedited processing. In my case, though, I had to wait to complete the NVC process until my case was forwarded to the embassy.

Here is what you need to do: call the NVC and ask if you are going to be scheduling your own interview, or if the embassy will provide one to you. Even if NVC has nothing to do with your case anymore, they should be able to tell you how you will receive your interview date. If you get a bad representative who can't explain, then just try to call back and ask again. If they say the embassy will provide a date, then just wait. 

For my consulate I had to schedule my own interview, but it looks like your country doesn't have an online portal. So I think that the embassy will provide you with a date. Do you have the phone number for your embassy? Here is some info I found for you: To follow up on the process of an Immigrant Visa or Non-Immigrant Visa case, send an email to support-dominicanrepublic@ustraveldocs.com or call (829) 956-5144 (this is a local number, do not dial 1) in Santo Domingo or (703) 988-3410 in the United States.

Married: 5-July-2015
I-130 Petition Sent: 11-May-2016
NSC Received (Our Priority Date): 12-May-2016
NOA2 Received: 30-September-2016 141 days for I-130 approval
NOA2 Hard Copy Received: 06-October-2016
Petition Sent to NVC: 17-October-2016 17 days for petition to be sent to NVC
NVC Received: 21-October-2016 4 days to be received at NVC
NVC Case Number Assigned: 31-October-2016 10 days for case number to be assigned
NVC Welcome Letter Received: 3-November-2016 @ 12:10 AM 3 days from case number assigned until Welcome Letter received and invoices unlocked
IV and AOS Fees Unlocked: 3-November-2016 @ 7:00 AM
IV and AOS Fees Paid: 3-November-2016
DS-260 Unlocked: 7-November-2016 2.5 business days for DS-260 to be unlocked
DS-260 Submitted: 8-November-2016
AOS and IV Documents Sent: 9-November-2016
Scan Date: 14-November-2016 5 days to receive scan date due to a holiday/weekend
Medical expedite requested: 14-December-2016
Medical expedite approved at consulate: 19-December-2016 Expedite approved with consulate but denied at NVC; still need to wait for case complete
Case on Supervisor Review: 22-December-2016
Case sent to the Review Department: 13-January-2017
Case Complete: 24-January-2017     10 weeks and 2 days at NVC before case completed
Case arrived at consulate/CEAC status "Ready": 1-February-2017
Interview: 21-February-2017   We scheduled our own interview because we had an approved medical expedite with the consulate. By sheer luck we got such a quick interview date because someone cancelled their appointment less than 20 minutes prior
Interview Result: Approved!!
Visa Issued: 21-February-2017     Visa issued same day as interview
DHL tracking information received: 22-February-2017     DHL tracking number appeared 28 hours after interview, scheduled for delivery the next day
Visa in hand: 23-Feb-2017
US POE (Minneapolis): 26-Feb-2017

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.