dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2017

1,353 posts in this topic

Just now, Fost04mach said:

I ended up doing that for the holidays... Enjoy! And hope good news hits between now and your return.

Fingers crossed. Supervisor from the phone told me this morning she emailed the supervisors in the review department. Don't know what that is worth but we'll see. Hope we are both over the finish line by next Friday.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Fost04mach said:

I ask them the same question and I always get the same "well, I've never seen any of them go over 12 weeks, that never happens".  I always have the same reply... Your website says 2-4 weeks, you say 6 weeks, after 6 weeks it goes to a supervisor, and I'm currently at 11 weeks... so you're not very high on the trustworthy scale... what happens at 12 weeks when the supervisors 6 weeks are up?  

They're clueless.  

I ask them how come some of the cases that come in 2-3 weeks after mine are already completed... they say they can't tell me because all of the cases differ.  I usually counter with, no, we're all looking at IR1 cases.  They claim, well, some re more complicated than others.  I point out that for me there are no kids involved, just 1 person, just 1 income 6-7 times the minimum amount needed, and so no assets to add and evaluate or anything... i've asked many times if it's based on region, and they vehemently say it's not... Then again, they're not high on my trustworthiness.  I treat them as "anything you say can and will be used against you...".  

I have often wondered if the media, in their immigration craze can be used to draw some attention to this stuff... though it seems they're busy with the ban and wall more than caring about the legal immigration process.. 

I know. It's so frustrating. Where's you embassy? And if I hit 11 weeks I'm going to lose it 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
40 minutes ago, bcking said:

Fingers crossed. Supervisor from the phone told me this morning she emailed the supervisors in the review department. Don't know what that is worth but we'll see. Hope we are both over the finish line by next Friday.

I know you've been waiting a while for them to review one page.  Did you ask when they will finish scheduling March interviews?  I hope all those waiting for case complete get good news soon and they can also receive a March interview.

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

What ever happen to that google docs spreadsheet with Scan Date / CC / Interview date...it be good to see how everyone's progress is going on this thread.

Filed: Timeline

Scan Date 11/29

Today talked with a nice rep, she said she's sorry it takes so long, they are very overloaded cause during holidays received too much mail, and said that they will review my case soon.

December 2009 - First met.

February 2010 - Start of our relationship <3
January 7 2016 -Our Wedding in a romantic town of Aeroskobing <3

April 1 2016 - Sent CR1 package to RapidVisa.

April 18 2016 - CR1 Package delivered to USCIS Phoenix lock box.

April 22 2016 - Acceptance notification received by email. Case sent to Nebraska Service Center.

May 03 2016 - NOA1 hard copy received.

May 24 2016 - Return to the US to reestablish domicile.

August 3 2016 - Case transferred to Texas Service Center.

August 29 2016 - I-130 approved! (NOA2) <3 <3 <3

September 30 2016 - NVC Recieved.
November 14 2016 - Sent AOS and IV packages to Rapidvisa! :D
November 29 2016 - SCAN DATE!
February 15 2017 - Case Complete at NVC (11 weeks)
March 28 2017 - My Interview Day! :D (APPROVED!!!)

What time does NVC start accepting calls?  I know they open at 7am eastern, but I keep getting a recording that customer service reps are not available at this time.  

This is really becoming frustrating.  We, as taxpayers, should demand better service than what they're are providing!  At a minimum, a truthful time frame that case are being completed and, why the long delays!!

Edited by lsu_mike

Filed: IR-5 Country: Sweden
Timeline
30 minutes ago, lsu_mike said:

What time does NVC start accepting calls?  I know they open at 7am eastern, but I keep getting a recording that customer service reps are not available at this time.  

This is really becoming frustrating.  We, as taxpayers, should demand better service than what they're are providing!  At a minimum, a truthful time frame that case are being completed and, why the long delays!!

I tried as well today, and they did not answer, which is unusual. All the times I have called, they answer very quickly - latest on Monday they picked up in a couple of minutes. Try later today.

12 hours ago, bcking said:

At least the answers you got about why cases complete faster than others is consistent with the answers I got.

In my case all they have to look at is a single page, since the rest of my stuff was already completed and deemed "sufficient" back in November so in terms of "some cases are more complicated", it would be impossible in my case.

The lady just sort of stumbled and when she couldn't say anything she went back to the old "Well I can't talk about other cases with you", to which I responded "I'm not asking about specific cases, I'm asking generally" and again they go back to "We can only discuss your case". 

I'm heading to visit my wife now for a week so when I get back I'll be 2 days away from 12 weeks. Not able to call between now and then (out of the country), so we'll see what happens.

You can still call using Hangouts calling, it is actually free! Download the app on your cell phone. That is the only way i was able to call from the UK :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Samuelelbu1990 said:

Scan Date 01/31

Case Complete 02/06

Now waiting on the interview date ??

Congrats!  That super quick that you received case complete in a just a few days!

Just now, norieyora said:

Scan date: Dec 22

Sup review: Feb 3

Called yesterday, no updates still..

When do they move their case from supervisor review to review department? do you have to request it??

No, but you can keep calling and request a supervisor call back.  

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

3 hours ago, ny2017 said:

I tried as well today, and they did not answer, which is unusual. All the times I have called, they answer very quickly - latest on Monday they picked up in a couple of minutes. Try later today.

I just checked the weather for there. It's showing snow and a winter storm warning.  Maybe that's why no answer

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.